New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 201 of 203 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hy-n-dry View Post
    mga bro.. 'planning to buy innova but i'm leaning now towards the gas variant.. meron din bang issues sa gas na innova? 'just got 10thgen altis last january.. so far no problem naman.. had 1k pms pero that's it.. mga succeeding sa labas ko na pagawa just to make sure nagagawa nga..

inputs please on reliability and performance of innova gas variant.. thanks
    no problems regarding the engine ng gas variant innova.

sa 10th gen mu naman, check mu muna sa SA mu kung walang mavovoid na warranty if sa labas ka na magpapa pms during ng warranty period.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hy-n-dry View Post
    mga bro.. 'planning to buy innova but i'm leaning now towards the gas variant.. meron din bang issues sa gas na innova? 'just got 10thgen altis last january.. so far no problem naman.. had 1k pms pero that's it.. mga succeeding sa labas ko na pagawa just to make sure nagagawa nga..

inputs please on reliability and performance of innova gas variant.. thanks

Had mine since 05 - G variant. No major issues with it. Just have it serviced regularly (every 5th kms or so) and clean aircon once in awhile and you'll have no problems ...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi, have been backreading the complaints raised here, and also checked Toyota's Phils. website. It seems that the engine of the Innova, HiAce commuter, Hilux 4X2 and Grandia GL are similar i.e. 2KD-FTV. We have several units of all these vehicles in our motorpool and they have run at least 70th. Kms since they were acquired in early 2007. We don't have them serviced at the casa since they only required regular oil and filter changes. We have not yet encountered any of these dreaded D4D woes, and hopefully not in the future. We also fill them up with any diesel fuel available in the areas where they go to and most of these areas are not your typical Metro Manila gas stations (e.g. old and dilapidated). The only time they fail is when the battery is already gone weak i.e. after the 2nd year. It seems that the issue is a hit-or-miss thing.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GPS60 View Post
    Hi, have been backreading the complaints raised here, and also checked Toyota's Phils. website. It seems that the engine of the Innova, HiAce commuter, Hilux 4X2 and Grandia GL are similar i.e. 2KD-FTV. We have several units of all these vehicles in our motorpool and they have run at least 70th. Kms since they were acquired in early 2007. We don't have them serviced at the casa since they only required regular oil and filter changes. We have not yet encountered any of these dreaded D4D woes, and hopefully not in the future. We also fill them up with any diesel fuel available in the areas where they go to and most of these areas are not your typical Metro Manila gas stations (e.g. old and dilapidated). The only time they fail is when the battery is already gone weak i.e. after the 2nd year. It seems that the issue is a hit-or-miss thing.
    Good for you bro, the problem is this, if this is a hit or miss thing, what if the one you got suffers from this problem? I have a friend who owns a 2008 Innova E MT, he also experienced the stalling problem, good thing his innova is still under warranty, they replaced the fuel pump, but he says, it became underpowered to this day.. It really is a game of chance, but the problem is, this isn't a game, people spend a lot of money for a car and they expect it run the way a car should run, not to give you problems anytime soon.. If you can afford to buy another car once your innova succumbs to the problem, then go ahead.. But if you can't, then why would you gamble? To be honest, I like the Super grandia, love the way it looks compared to the Starex, but it still has the 2.5L D4D engine as our 05 Innova.. And if I'm honest, I am still worried, I guess traumatized is the right word for it.. It's not like toyota are the only ones who makes this type of cars.. (Fortuner/Montero/Evererst/Alterra/Sta Fe/Sorento, Innova/Sportivo/Adventure, Hi-lux/Ranger/Dmax/Strada/Navarra, Grandia/Starex).. So as you can see, we have lots of cars to choose from.. If you are the few lucky ones who are informed/aware of this problem, why would you still gamble/risk on buying a toyota with a D4d engine? It's not like, "Hmm, I'm aware of the D4d problem, I know, I'm still going to buy one" sort of thing.. Anyone who has the right mind would probably think twice about buying these cars.. Don't get me wrong, I love our 05 Innova G AT, the ride is awesome, the purpose is there, if it weren't for the D4d problem, this would be my bargain of the century.. (Comfort, Fuel economy, utilty/family vehicle, well made interior(still cheap but well made nevertheless), decent performance, you name it.. And don't believe the dirty fuel excuse, because if it were true, then all crdi units will suffer from this problem.. I know our fuel is still dirty compared to other countries but it is not enough to justify why toyota is the only one who's having this problem.. I believe its mainly because of the crdi system they are using, DENSO as compared to other brands who uses Bosch.. It's as simple as that.. Other japanese brands may have "studied" this before they released their units in to the market.. Nissan for example might have done something to their system, but it is still no guarantee.. What I'm trying to say is this, if you want a diesel car that's safe, get one that uses a Bosch system(Ford, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, etc)..

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    So this issue still exists even with the 2010 innova? Makes me think twice now of buying one...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well so far wala pa naman since technically, its still new, 2010 pa lang naman tayo ngayon, what we do know is models from 05-08 are affected, my 05 innova had this problem last Dec 09 lang, so around 4 years din bago lumabas(no longer covered by warranty).. So it's still a gamble if you ask me.. Not full proof, but at least, you will have a 3 year warranty, so if you buy one now, you'll be covered until 2013, hope that it fails before 2013(so that they will replace the fuel pump free of charge), because, after that, you're on your own..

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    That's really a big concern... it's a big investment and for it to fail that soon is a big problem. So Toyota hasn't come out with any official statement on this?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bernielc2000 View Post
    Had mine since 05 - G variant. No major issues with it. Just have it serviced regularly (every 5th kms or so) and clean aircon once in awhile and you'll have no problems ...
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    no problems regarding the engine ng gas variant innova.

sa 10th gen mu naman, check mu muna sa SA mu kung walang mavovoid na warranty if sa labas ka na magpapa pms during ng warranty period.
    Sirs, how bout this thread Toyota Innova Gas Tank woes? seems may problem din si gas variant, 'though Innova nga lang, or isolated case/s lang?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sa ngayon wala pa kami problem with both 2kd ftv fort at hilux ung hilux almost 50k kms/1year 3mths. at yung fort 5k kms/1year nadin

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I have an innova v 2008 model. Recently i notice na parang humihina hatak nya unlike dati ang ganda ng hatak at ang bilis akyatin 100 na speed.

Ano kaya problem?

Toyota D4D engine woes