New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 196 of 203 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I am planning to buy a brand new Innova, I've been reading through this thread and mukhang medyo mahirap magtiwala sa d4d, any updates kung may naka experience na ng d4d problems sa 2009 innova? May mga nababasa rin ako na threads na sinasabi daw nacorrect na yung problem with the 2009 version. Gusto ko sana diesel pero given the history based on this thread parang i'll just go with the vvti, what do you think?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crossedge View Post
    I am planning to buy a brand new Innova, I've been reading through this thread and mukhang medyo mahirap magtiwala sa d4d, any updates kung may naka experience na ng d4d problems sa 2009 innova? May mga nababasa rin ako na threads na sinasabi daw nacorrect na yung problem with the 2009 version. Gusto ko sana diesel pero given the history based on this thread parang i'll just go with the vvti, what do you think?
    go for the vvti for peace of mind. if you really want diesel engine go for other brand.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crossedge View Post
    So far no problem with my 2009 Innova G diesel.I'm happy with the engines performance.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Actually sir crossedge, most of the problems that were discussed here dates back as far as 2005 pa and most of the more significant problems related to this engine have already been resolved so don't be too discouraged

Good thing there is a vvti variant available as your option but is not necessary if you want a more torquey diesel engine.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by downshift2 View Post
    So far no problem with my 2009 Innova G diesel.I'm happy with the engines performance.
    Ilang months na Innova nyo bossing and gaano kalayo na tinakbo? Thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Actually sir crossedge, most of the problems that were discussed here dates back as far as 2005 pa and most of the more significant problems related to this engine have already been resolved so don't be too discouraged

Good thing there is a vvti variant available as your option but is not necessary if you want a more torquey diesel engine.
    Thanks for your comments sir, but this made me more confused. I guess this boils down to my choice. For now I'm really inclined in buying the diesel engined innova, I still have a couple of months to contemplate on my decision. I hope I'll make the right one and di ko pagsisihan.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    3.0L 190hp? They should do better than that. Hyundai already made 212hp/461Nm out of mere 2.0L. Mitsubishi and Nissan have the 175hp out of 2.5L.
    Not to mention the 235 hp out of the Veracruz. Of course, BMW has more power, but that's a very expensive/exclusive brand compared to Hyundai.

Quote Originally Posted by Zdre_Wulf View Post
    I was told by an engineer that the innova engines are newer in design compared to fortuner engines....

also, the problem with the diesel fuel we have is that it has a higher concentration of sulfur as compared to european diesel,

sulfur is abrasive, something that is bad for calirated orifices on our engines....
    We've already got low sulfur fuel. There was speculation from Toyota that the reformulated low-sulfur fuel we had when the government changed the regulations on sulfur content lacked lubricity, causing pumps to burn out.

Currently, our fuels are both low-sulfur and have better lubricity than earlier low-sulfur blends. But the purity and quality at some of our poorly maintained stations is still suspect... it varies from station to station... that's why some people get a lot of problems, and some don't. Some feel Toyota's system is simply too sensitive, as many other high-pressure systems will take more abuse and last longer before failing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    good day guys!

We have a 2006 innova diesel.....it has already clocked 70,000kms and not a single engine glitch what so ever mas nauna pa nga magluko yung aircon because it needs cleaning na..........Well, I guess its just up to the owner on maintaining it properly to prolong the engines lifespan....

just my 2cents

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    good day guys!

We have a 2006 innova diesel.....it has already clocked 70,000kms and not a single engine glitch what so ever mas nauna pa nga magluko yung aircon because it needs cleaning na..........Well, I guess its just up to the owner on maintaining it properly to prolong the engines lifespan....

just my 2cents
    sir, isa lang po kayo sa mga sinuwerte na hindi nag choke... nothing to do with maintenance

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    sir revogsx Paano nyo po nasabi na isa lang sa mga sinuwerte na hind nag choke and nothing to do with maintnance. curious lang po

Toyota D4D engine woes