New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 195 of 203 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I get the point mga masters (tidus and Gerbos)! thanks ...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    ^^Well CRDi is the common name, D4D is Toyota's proper name for the common name CRDi (nakakalito ba? ). Now if you meant CRDi (proper name) as in Hyundai's diesel then yeah great branding kasi they call their CRDi engine (common name) as CRDi (proper name). Also I am not 100% sure about all Hyundai's CRDi engines pero yung SF natin Bosch yung pyesa nun (same as what is used in Volkswagen/Audi's TDi) unlike the Toyota's Denso. Mas magaling talaga mga Germans kaysa Japanese sa diesel technology.
    I think Common Rail Technology has its origin in Europe but I'm not sure though if it's the Germans who pioneered it. Nevertheless, the Germans are great engineers. I think it's the years of experience, that Bosch have,
    the reason for their more superior sytem compared to Denso's. It so happened that Denso is owned by Toyota so it cannot use those Bosch rail systems.

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    tsambahan lng ba talaga sa unit so sirain ang mga engine na ito?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Mahirap talaga tung D4D engines kaya sa Gasoline variant na kinuha namin tapos, kahit anong suma total mahirap e maintain yung Diesel na to. As TOYOTA try to ignore that they have this problem on this particular D4D units, they will only try to blame the Diesel quality on this Country then thats it: Then I think what they did were Trail & Error troubleshooting, I don't know if Mitsubishi's (CRDi) DiD had the same problem like the D4D's

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventoy View Post
    Mahirap talaga tung D4D engines kaya sa Gasoline variant na kinuha namin tapos, kahit anong suma total mahirap e maintain yung Diesel na to. As TOYOTA try to ignore that they have this problem on this particular D4D units, they will only try to blame the Diesel quality on this Country then thats it: Then I think what they did were Trail & Error troubleshooting, I don't know if Mitsubishi's (CRDi) DiD had the same problem like the D4D's

mitsubishi uses bosch technology, the problem with Did is the Suction control valve that I read on strada thread, this parts failed because of low quality diesel but once it is replace the strada is ready to go, but in the case of d4d all what i read is replacing the whole crdi system.

toyota is using the tag line " SECond generation common rail". they suppose to use " Second generation of trooper common rail failure". :laundry:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marktriton View Post
    toyota is using the tag line " SECond generation common rail". they suppose to use " Second generation of trooper common rail failure". :laundry:
    LOL... Toyota must have pirated an engineer from Isuzu (since they're known for diesel engines), not knowing that they got they guy who designed the Trooper engine.

What upset us with the Innova of my uncle was it had problems while it was still under warranty and all Toyota would always do is to reset the ECU and some minor adjustments. When the warranty lapsed, the problem became worse and they would then diagnose that its the supply pump that needs replacement and the replacement has to be paid for. They just sold the Innova, as is where is and the new owner would just have Denso fix the part.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    LOL... Toyota must have pirated an engineer from Isuzu (since they're known for diesel engines), not knowing that they got they guy who designed the Trooper engine.

What upset us with the Innova of my uncle was it had problems while it was still under warranty and all Toyota would always do is to reset the ECU and some minor adjustments. When the warranty lapsed, the problem became worse and they would then diagnose that its the supply pump that needs replacement and the replacement has to be paid for. They just sold the Innova, as is where is and the new owner would just have Denso fix the part.

All Hilux fanatics- just watch out for the 2011 or 2012 model, 2 variants, the 2.7L dual VVTi & the upgrade 3.0L diesel power 190 hp Invincible Hilux D4D.
    The 2010 4Runner look alike, boxy / bold fenders & bulging head/tail lights.
    Toyota is still reliable maybe not the D4D here locally.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    3.0L 190hp? They should do better than that. Hyundai already made 212hp/461Nm out of mere 2.0L. Mitsubishi and Nissan have the 175hp out of 2.5L.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I was told by an engineer that the innova engines are newer in design compared to fortuner engines....

also, the problem with the diesel fuel we have is that it has a higher concentration of sulfur as compared to european diesel,

sulfur is abrasive, something that is bad for calirated orifices on our engines....

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    WELL WELL WELL WELL
    TOTOO SNBI NI DJERMS....WE HAVE THIS 3.0 FORT
    GNUN DN NANGYRI, SOMETIMES THE ENGINE IS CHOKING AND EVEN STALLS S GITNA NG HI-WAY...

Toyota D4D engine woes