New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 194 of 203 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    thank you for posting the d4d issues and other fortuner problem ... I easily have made up my mind not to get the Fortuner ... instead I got another 7-seater SUV

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    hi tsikooters,bka nga sa 2.5 diesel ang may problema ung sa kapatid ko na 3.0 na fortuner wla pa rin problema hanggang ngaun..ako gumagamit ngaun eh..mga 1.5 years na cguro un..araw araw ko chine check ung oil level pti ung level ng tubig..cguro sa maintenance din yan

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I got the innova back na.. Good.

the intermittent noise at the engine bay was fixed na.. but the diagnosis on the acceleration problem is still injectors...
    I still believe it's a supply pump problem. We have seen a lot of these. In most cases, correction was done by replacing the supply pump only.

Hindi ko pa nakausap yung service manager... dun pa lang ako sa SA... ang estimate sa pag papa ayos ay aabot ng 150k.. injectors per piece was quoted at about 27k .. times 4 so dun pa lang almost 110k na... fuel line pa, etc..

hindi naman nila na identify supply pump as a culprit, although sa kwento nya, right now daw, there are 4 cases na kasabay ko na mukhang supply pump / injector issues daw... nakwento nya rin na may isang case na naka pending pa at nakikipag negotiate pa yung may ari.. but supply pump issue and injector issue on the same engine.. naghahalo na daw yung diesel sa engine oil...

anyway, i asked around sa relative ko rin who's into buy and sell sa cars for the current selling / buying rate for an innova and i got a number na.. more or less will study my options...

ang hirap kasi, almost all diesels are now using CRDi... sa Ford naka TDCi, yung isuzu naka CRDi na rin ata ang DMax, Alterra and Trooper.. Crosswind na lang ata ang hindi naka CRDi... Hyundai din I think nagkaka problem na rin sa CRDi... so ano pa ibang option na diesel? Kia? if I go gas, well.. pag passenger car lang sana okay.. but kung for family (van or midsize SUV), iilan lang ang choices...

I'm thinking now na kapag nagkaroon ako ng time, baka ipa diagnose ko rin sa ibang casa.. just to get a 2nd opinion... Correct. Don't rush things.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Tsikot has a thread which is specifically dedicated to diesel fuel injection systems, including CRDI systens.

Try this:
    Tsikot Philippines 2009 > At The Parking Lot > The Workshop > Engine and Fuel System Talk > Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk

Check it out.

Dieseldude

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    may issue ba sa CRDI mga sirs?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggery2ky2k View Post
    Stick around and learn a lot more by backreading and browsing around the site's other threads. It is good education. And worth your time.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    If its true about D4D woes then this has the worst problems of all CRDi engines available on the market today.

I just share a bit of my experienced driving this D4D Hi-lux, not in Pinas but in Nigeria few years back, this is a superb engine gas-up with our clean diesel product ULSD. For more than 2 years, I didn't encounter any headaches so with other colleauge's. The only thing we're warned about the Hi-lux is speeding up. All our Hi-lux are customised with a roll bar over head.
    The roll over risk of the Hi-lux is real. Some oil & gas companies & contractors in Middle East & Africa had already shift to other brands of fleet pickups due to this problem. There are so many roll over accidents of Hi-lux reported by friends on highways.
    Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    already tried back reading that's why I opted to get the CRDI engine instead of the D4D .... based on the forum kc, D4Ds are the worse of the diesel and CRDI are really great in terms of economy and reliability ...

I maybe wrong but this is my impression based on this and the other thread ...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Well CRDi is the common name, D4D is Toyota's proper name for the common name CRDi (nakakalito ba? ). Now if you meant CRDi (proper name) as in Hyundai's diesel then yeah great branding kasi they call their CRDi engine (common name) as CRDi (proper name). Also I am not 100% sure about all Hyundai's CRDi engines pero yung SF natin Bosch yung pyesa nun (same as what is used in Volkswagen/Audi's TDi) unlike the Toyota's Denso. Mas magaling talaga mga Germans kaysa Japanese sa diesel technology.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    already tried back reading that's why I opted to get the CRDI engine instead of the D4D .... based on the forum kc, D4Ds are the worse of the diesel and CRDI are really great in terms of economy and reliability ...

I maybe wrong but this is my impression based on this and the other thread ...
    Teka.

D4D is the name to Toyota's current generation CRDI powerplants.

Other manufacturers have other names for their common rail direct injection versions like ITEQ for Isuzu, DiD for Mitsu, Duratorq for Ford. Nissan and Hyundai-Kia have also theirs.

In short, D4D is Toyota's CRDI. Or you mean you choose a non-Toyota CRDI?

Toyota D4D engine woes