New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 190 of 203 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2023
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sa pagkakaalam ko, 2.5 D-4D ang may problema... but the 3.0 D-4D runs good... my cousin owns a Hilux 3.0G 4x4 AT and ask him kung may naranasan na ba syang problem... sabi nya wala pa naman, still like brand new daw... e yung unit nya is yung kauna unahang hilux sa province namin... i guess nasa maintenance lang yun...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by asyong21 View Post
    We're planning to acquire an E diesel variant
    this coming February, will recent Innova production
    be still affected by this D4D problem or they already
    fixed this problem ?
    it probably solved since the start of 2007...mine got 16,592 kms on odometer acquired jan 31 2007 so far no prob very fuel efficient though not the best diesel in the market right now but certainly not the least...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    We bought a innova E Diesel last April 30 2008 and after a month of use, napansin ko na mausok yung engine. I compared it to the one my sister in law has and even though 2005 model innova niya e walang kausok usok!!! During the first 1000 km check up, what the sevice engrs did was they rev up the engine to remove daw the extra carbon deposits!!! would you believe that a new innova less than 2 months old e mausok na!! i was also given a suggestion na mag long drive daw at tumakbo ng consistent na 140 kph para daw mawala. I personally don't believe this pero ganun ba talaga? after the 1000 check up nawala naman yung usok pero after 2 weeks lang and around 1400 km odometer reading e mausok nanaman!!!

I'll have our innova scheduled for service again this week and i am hoping that anyone of you can give me tips regarding this. O baka naman may nangyari na sainyo na ganito. Hope you can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dindy View Post
    We bought a innova E Diesel last April 30 2008 and after a month of use, napansin ko na mausok yung engine. I compared it to the one my sister in law has and even though 2005 model innova niya e walang kausok usok!!! During the first 1000 km check up, what the sevice engrs did was they rev up the engine to remove daw the extra carbon deposits!!! would you believe that a new innova less than 2 months old e mausok na!! i was also given a suggestion na mag long drive daw at tumakbo ng consistent na 140 kph para daw mawala. I personally don't believe this pero ganun ba talaga? after the 1000 check up nawala naman yung usok pero after 2 weeks lang and around 1400 km odometer reading e mausok nanaman!!!

I'll have our innova scheduled for service again this week and i am hoping that anyone of you can give me tips regarding this. O baka naman may nangyari na sainyo na ganito. Hope you can help me out.

Thanks in advance!
    meron na pong nangyaring ganyan sa isang ka-Innova namin... mausok din ung unit nya... 1 month old pa lang ung sa kanya that time... he brought it sa casa... supply pump daw ung diperensya... pinalitan naman agad.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hi Liv,

Thanks so much sa advice! i'll tell the mechanic/ aftersales team sa toyota to take a look at the supply pump. i do hope na mawala yung usok....hirap coz sometimes me and my family we do pass by makati and sabi ng friend ko that may nag flaflag down ng mga diesel na van na LTO to check your unit and kahit daw bago oto mo e magmumulta ka pa!!!

Any idea kung kailangan i-rekta yung innova namen sa high way in order to improve its fuel comsumption and smoke emissions? We did around 400km already on highway travelling at 120kph max (break in kuno!). I don't know if travelling it at 140-150kph consistently will improve black emissions as what is suggested by the toyota mechanic... what do you think?

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dindy View Post
    Hi Liv,

Thanks so much sa advice! i'll tell the mechanic/ aftersales team sa toyota to take a look at the supply pump. i do hope na mawala yung usok....hirap coz sometimes me and my family we do pass by makati and sabi ng friend ko that may nag flaflag down ng mga diesel na van na LTO to check your unit and kahit daw bago oto mo e magmumulta ka pa!!!

Any idea kung kailangan i-rekta yung innova namen sa high way in order to improve its fuel comsumption and smoke emissions? We did around 400km already on highway travelling at 120kph max (break in kuno!). I don't know if travelling it at 140-150kph consistently will improve black emissions as what is suggested by the toyota mechanic... what do you think?

ako kasi... 80-90kph lang takbo ko nung break-in period nya... hinataw lang namin sya from 100-120kph nung lagpas na kami sa 1,000km sa odometer... i don't think na mawawala ung usok ng unit mo kahit ihataw mo pa sya gaya nang unang ginawa mo... kung talagang me problema sa supply pump... then the only solution is to have it replaced.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I'm new here. I have been reading this thread for a long time now. I intend to buy an innova e diesel and may I know if these serious concerns (woes) on the engine (toyota d4d) are still valid or has toyota already addressed these problems as of this time. I would like also to know if buying the innova e gas would be a better choice. Are there similar problems with toyota innova e gas?
    Last edited by attyallanlatras; November 22nd, 2008 at 07:49 AM. Reason: grammar/spelling and additional query

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    attyallanlatras, If you really want an Innova why not get the Gas variant. Diesel & Gas price is almost the same. Gas engine is more reliable than D4D, very quiet engine pa.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I'm new here. I have been reading this thread for a long time now. I intend to buy an innova e diesel and may I know if these serious concerns (woes) on the engine (toyota d4d) are still valid or has toyota already addressed these problems as of this time. I would like also to know if buying the innova e gas would be a better choice. Are there similar problems with toyota innova e gas?
    Get the VVTi engine it is very reliable and worry free. Mine is more than two years and about 6 months on LPG and still have good engine response even loaded with 9 adults.

You have the option to go LPG which cost P23/liter, if you use your car for 400kms per week you will have savings on fuel cost more or less 1000 pesos per week. Less emission - good for the environment, less change oil interval, less spark plug replacement.

Go VVTi and save yourself from worrying later.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    Go VVTi and save yourself from worrying later.

Agree here with Mile2. With Toyota's diesel engines kasi, para kang sumusugal. If you feel extremely lucky then go get yourself a D4D and you may not experience what so many have experienced....and don't forget to buy a lotto ticket as well.

Toyota D4D engine woes