New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Good day! Had my car in a collision accident recently (no casualties thank God) and the engine moved a bit. I'm no car expert, well actually i know very few about cars and the mechanic gave me the breakdown of the parts that needed to be replaced. One part there is the computer box. Now my question: where can i buy a computer box for a toyota corona 98? Does anyone know how much that costs? Please help kind gurus of automotives :D. I'd be shelling out around 50k for the rest of the damages and I'd really like to be assured that the car could still be restored before i do. Many thanks in advance for all your inputs :D

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    naku, have a second opinion. why, because the computer box or ecu is usually located inside the passenger cabin....and wrecking it means a substantial damage of the car.....imo....the ecu has better survival rate than the passengers...

if your engine still runs that means the ecu is still working...if it does not, then tracing the power from the battery down the circuit is the right thing to do...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    subukan mong tawagan tong tao na'to kung may problema ang ECU mo or ipapacheck mo lang kung ano ang mga naging sira sa ECU mo

Jess of Kabignayan St. near in banawe 415-6357

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    *loidch - I did get a 2nd opinion and the other mechanic told me the same thing. The ECU needs to be replaced. Thing is the hood of the car went up in flames (literally) and I wasn't informed if the damage on the ECU is caused by the collision or the fire. In effect the engine harness melted as well so i'm not sure if I can trace the power like you said.

*boy_tino - Thanks for the referal! I'd give him a call sometime tomorow when I get back to mla.

Many thanks for your replies! I appreciate it. Keep you guys posted on the progress

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *boy_tino - Thanks for the referal! I'd give him a call sometime tomorow when I get back to mla.

[/quote]

your welcome

oo nga pala hindi lang gumagawa ng ECU pati car stereo or any related na electronics sa kotse basta kaya nyang gawin

Toyota Corona 98 computer box