The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Need help with my toyota corona hard starting

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by puti-corona View Post
    Need help with my toyota corona hard starting
    help those who would like to help. what is your fuel delivery type? what is your ignition type? does it crank normally? what is the mileage? what was the last thing done to it? when does the symptom happen-time of day, climate, altitude, engine temperature? give as much details. don't be stingy with the needed information if you need help

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    may i ask, how long have you had this car? did you recently put in a different type of fuel? some older EFIs have cold starting problems with e10 fuels..
    more info, pls..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Thanks guys. Sorry guys but not that technical with engine. here are some info that I know.

- Corona Model 1996
    - EFI type engine
    - had the car for around 2 years
    - Mileage: 201260
    - did not change fuel type. Still using shell premium (should I change to unleaded)
    - hard start normally happens during the morning. When I left my card overnight.
    - my Battery is fairly new 1 yr and 5 months.
    - last thing I did was when we asked the mechanic to change the ignition coil as it was wet when I had the engine wash. Afterthat hard stating happenned.
    - We tried to open the distributor and saw small trace of oil (is this bad already) and for distributor replacement already? how much is a distributor assembly for this type of car?

- So far (past 2 days) do not experience hard starting. I just replaced the EFI & starter relay

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by puti-corona View Post
    Thanks guys. Sorry guys but not that technical with engine. here are some info that I know.

- Corona Model 1996
    - EFI type engine
    - had the car for around 2 years
    - Mileage: 201260
    - did not change fuel type. Still using shell premium (should I change to unleaded)
    - hard start normally happens during the morning. When I left my card overnight.
    - my Battery is fairly new 1 yr and 5 months.
    - last thing I did was when we asked the mechanic to change the ignition coil as it was wet when I had the engine wash. Afterthat hard stating happenned.
    - We tried to open the distributor and saw small trace of oil (is this bad already) and for distributor replacement already? how much is a distributor assembly for this type of car?

- So far (past 2 days) do not experience hard starting. I just replaced the EFI & starter relay

your ignition wires, cap and rotor might still be moist. you can dissipate the moisture using "WD 40" on the suspected parts

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Thanks. Will the contact cleaner solution also help. I saw one at handyman store?

toyota corona 96