New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    balak ko sanang bumili second hand car for daily driving, my eyes are set on a 1994-95 toyota corona, tanong ko lang kung ok ba performance nito? i'll appreciate your feedbacks, salamat.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my family owned a 93 Corona, ST-191, dati...

wasn't really anything special to drive, the steering was a bit floppy and overboosted, the shifter was a bit clunky, the clutch was a bit heavy, the driver's seat was a bit low, the engine was buzzy beyond 5000 rpm, the brakes were a bit too grabby... however, the torque is good and responsive naman yung engine. fuel economy was about <6 to 6.5 km/L in the city, which is about normal for a 2.0.

it makes a fine commuter car and family car... it's almost indestructible and is very reliable... in 9 years of owning it, all it needed was regular oil and fluid changes, a new clutch, and the radiator was shot as well as the engine mounts at the 8th year... the usual... the original paint held up well too

space inside is very good... the rear seat is very roomy, roomier than the back seat of a '99 accord even, siguro about the same room as the new camry if i remember right. the trunk is also very capacious.

the interior is a bit drab, and the design is outdated, as you might expect of a model that was new in 1993, but on the whole, ok naman siya

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the reply mbt, but how about the exsior variant ok ba to? was your corona the gl model? kasi mas tipo ko yung mataas na likod, the last corona model that was phased out by toyota, mas maporma di po ba?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    juddobscure,

yung "big-body" EX saloon yung amin... same model as the exsior. wala naman masyadong iniba yung exsior sa EX saloon other than the taillights, bumpers, ABS, and some other minor things

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The Corona EX Saloon was tested to be the fastest among the 2.0-liter 4-cylinder cars during its time. It was also the only one that had ABS, so it was more maneuverable. Plus it had a standard airbag, unavailable in its competitors.

What I know is that Toyotas are the longest lasting cars on earth. Corollas are rock-solid in quality and long-term reliability. Coronas should do the same, but the best thing to do still is to have a test drive. Compare Coronas and see their similarities and differences, then evaluate for yourself. :wink:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hello!

we have a 95 corona ex saloon. what i dont like is that the driver's seat seems to be small for a mid sized car. the ride isn't as good as the accord. pero what i like is the durability of the engine, strong a/c (denso kse), fuel efficiency, around 8km/ liter (para kang naka 1.6!) very torquey and ang sarap pang overtake especially if 100km/hr na yung speed, kayang kaya pa. overall a very good car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just got a 96 corona..
    ok naman..

feedback sa akin..matipid daw sa gas..
    haven't checked it though..
    check ko later pag nagfull tank ako.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had a 94 Corona before. It was a pretty decent car. Decent in all respects but not really a standout, as mbt pointed out. Matibay, except for a sensor problem which forced me to sell it in 97. Toyota couldnt figure out what went wrong....

i had a friend, they got their 96 for just 290thou.... very nice pa, and its powerful din, though not like the accord....accords are better, but the corona performs well....better get a corona than a corolla.....

toyota corona