New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    hi guys! i just wanna share my problem with my hard car. sobrang hard-starting na cia. for two days ko lang na hindi ginamit di ko na ma-start auto ko. it happened last month mga 3-5 times para mag-start, ngayon more than ten times na! nagpa-tuneup na ko, change sparkplug, new fuel filter, new battery last march pa,and carb overhaul sa kamuning. malakas ung kuryente e! pero sa tingin ko ung fuel di umaakyat e. any suggestions kung ano ung culprit, electrical?mechanical?engine etc... i need your help i appreciate your input thanks. more power

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Pagmahirap mag-start yung luma kong corolla xe '96...pump ko lang yung gas pedal ng 2x tapos start. Kung ayaw, pump lang ulit tapos start na...pero rare lang yan mangyari kasi start siya agad. try mo rin I-check yung starter motor mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How are your ground wires? Try changing them to new ones as well if its still the original engine-chassis ground wire. This helped with my AE92 before.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    How are you on tinkering? If you are adept with it, try this one.
    On the first attempt that the car won't start, open the air filter remove the filter element till you can view the opening of the carburator. Drop gasoline directly on the intake no more than a bottle cap (tansan)full and then crank the engine. If the engine caught then died down again, it means you are not giving fuel to the engine. the culprit might be leaking carb (the reservoir dries out of fuel after a period that the car is not in use), malfunctioning plunger on the carb, blocked fuel filter or defective fuel pump. If the attempt will not start the engine, your problem is on the electricals. To check for the defective fuel pump, remove the connection leading to the carb, have it put inside the plastic bottle and crank the engine. fuel should be gushing out from the open end to the bottle, not in spurts. Hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    same problem with my 2E. solution is to prime the carb specially if i had not used it for a few days. hotter days are easier because the gasoline vapor settles in the bowl coming up the fuel line from the tank. also check your fuel pump. the E10 really screws up carbed engines. you can add an electric fuel pump. that will give you a constant fuel flow like an efi system.

toyota corolla xe 97 carb - super hard starting