New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I forgot the brand name, pero iisa lang yun
    brand from CitiMotors Mitsubishi, Pasong Tamo,
    in front of Don Bosco, Makati. Ask for their
    Mitsubishi Fuel System Cleaner - about Php400 each.

I purchased two bottles of it (naka pale green packaging) ito.
    Drove at Shell Gas Station, poured one bottle sa fuel tank baka
    ako nagpa-full tank. I felt improvement agad in the idling!

I decided to use the car almost everyday para maubos yung
    gasoline sa fuel tank ng car.

After almost 2 weeks, when the fuel gauge showed 1/4 na lang
    ang natitira sa fuel tank, I poured the contents of the 2nd bottle
    in the fuel tank - tapos pafull-tank uli.

I believe na nawala yung nginig because of two things:

1st - dahil sa paggamit ng Fuel System Cleaner;
    2nd - pag correct ng timing ng car

My mechanic was the one who adjusted the timing of the car.
    The timing was initially in the "0" (zero) position!

Looking at the sticker pasted under the hood, dapat nasa "10" ito.
    Inadjust ito ng mechanic using the distributor.

There were two mechanics who adjusted it - yung isa hawak-hawak
    yung timing light sa left portion of the car, while the other one
    adjusted the distributor.

Margaret

P.S.

Just curious, where in Alabang did you get the throttle body cleaned?

Quote Originally Posted by mjim0721 View Post
    Margaret,

I got the throttle body cleaned today at a shop in Alabang. Still no improvement, andun pa rin ang vibration. I will try to look for that Fuel System cleaner that you used. What is the brand? Was this the reason na nawala ang nginig ng car mo?

TIA.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    Just curious, where in Alabang did you get the throttle body cleaned?
    Roadstar in Motor Town at Alabang Town Center.

Thanks for the very detailed explanation. I will try that fuel system cleaner. It might be the solution to my almost 3-year old problem.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    You're welcome!
    Please post developments...

Roadstar in Motor Town at Alabang Town Center.

Thanks for the very detailed explanation. I will try that fuel system cleaner. It might be the solution to my almost 3-year old problem.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Greetings Tsikoteers...

Swak na swak para sakin itong thread na ito, because my cars seems undergoing the same problem right now. Mine is a 96 Gli Corolla na madalas ngayong makaranas ng nginig specially when AC is on. Pabago-bago din yun idling and seems humihina na hatak nya. Actually kakapadiagnos ko palang sa Casa last week and ang mga pinoint sakin were the Engine Support, Pull Down and Checking of Throttle Body and problem with Clutch daw. Though di ko muna pinagawa because medyo mabigat yung quotation. Now, I'm planning na i by part muna ang pagawa and unahin yung cleaning ng TB. Me mairerekomenda ba kayong bihasa sa pag gawa nito bukod sa casa? I'm from QC.
    Also, question lang dun sa Mitsubishi Fuel System Cleaner. As in ihahalo lang ito sa gasolina?(sensya na po, di ko nabasa yung actual thread nito e). Occasional lang po ba pag gamit nito o every pagasolina? How many times po ba dapat gawin?

TIA

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Mukang ganito talaga sakit ng toyota gli kasi halos ganito din problema ko sa kotse ko 1993 model. Kapag naka idle ako at nag turn on yung aircon biglang bumabagsak yung rpm ko na parang mamamatay na yung engine. Kapag tumatakbo naman ako randam na ramdam ko yung pag on/off ng aircon kasi medyo nahihirapan yung andar nya at pati yung headlight ko napapansin ko lumalabo kapag nag on ang aircon. Sana po matulungan nyo kami kasi napa check ko na sa servitek wala naman pinagbago aganun pa din

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Update on my Corolla GLi 95.

I consumed 1 prestone fuel injection cleaner additive and 2 mitsubishi fuel injection cleaner additive. Still vibrating.

I had my servo cleaned last weekend (very dirty). Still vibrating.

The problem is, when the compressor runs, the rpm goes low instead of rising, that causes the vibration. During idling * 1000 rpm without aircon, the engine is smooth. When compressor runs, the rpm goes down (from 800 rpm to 950 rpm) which results to vibration. There are times that the rpm rises to 1200, in this rpm, the engine is smooth.

I will post the result after I tried another solution to this problem.

Happy motoring.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Update on my Corolla GLi 95.

I consumed 1 prestone fuel injection cleaner additive and 2 mitsubishi fuel injection cleaner additive. Still vibrating.

I had my servo cleaned last weekend (very dirty). Still vibrating.

The problem is, when the compressor runs, the rpm goes low instead of rising, that causes the vibration. During idling * 1000 rpm without aircon, the engine is smooth. When compressor runs, the rpm goes down (from 800 rpm to 950 rpm) which results to vibration. There are times that the rpm rises to 1200, in this rpm, the engine is smooth.

I will post the result after I tried another solution to this problem.

Happy motoring.
    sir,
    di ko sure kung dito ko na i post noon. but your problem with your gli is identical to my 93 gli two years ago. sa kakalikot ko, i noticed that the idle up valve is not acting as it should be.
    Note: when the engine is in normal idle rpm (800 to 900) with the air con off, the engine is running smooth. pag nag engaged ang clutch sa air con dahil nag demand na ng cooling, additional load iyan ng makina kaya pag hindi compensated, mag vibrate iyan o manginig na parang mamatay dahil bagsak ang rpm to about 600. ang trabaho ng idle up valve is to by pass air to the intake manifold to compensate for this additional load, thus increasing the engine speed to 1000 rpm. tingnan mo kung original pa ang idle up valve niyan, meron iyan adjustment to increase or decrease the air intake o baka talagang malfunctioning na ang valve na iyan. that'sthe valve na naka kabit sa fire wall, just above the throttle body, with two tubes connected, one is goind to the throttle body, the other is going down somewhere on the engine.
    hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by burjegol View Post
    sir,
    di ko sure kung dito ko na i post noon. but your problem with your gli is identical to my 93 gli two years ago. sa kakalikot ko, i noticed that the idle up valve is not acting as it should be.
    Note: when the engine is in normal idle rpm (800 to 900) with the air con off, the engine is running smooth. pag nag engaged ang clutch sa air con dahil nag demand na ng cooling, additional load iyan ng makina kaya pag hindi compensated, mag vibrate iyan o manginig na parang mamatay dahil bagsak ang rpm to about 600. ang trabaho ng idle up valve is to by pass air to the intake manifold to compensate for this additional load, thus increasing the engine speed to 1000 rpm. tingnan mo kung original pa ang idle up valve niyan, meron iyan adjustment to increase or decrease the air intake o baka talagang malfunctioning na ang valve na iyan. that'sthe valve na naka kabit sa fire wall, just above the throttle body, with two tubes connected, one is goind to the throttle body, the other is going down somewhere on the engine.
    hope this helps.
    burjegol,

I already located the idle up valve. I'll try to have this checked the next time I go to the shop. Thanks for the tip.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    any updates?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    100% compressor ang problema mo, palitan mo na ng bago huwag ng surplus. medyo me kamahalan lang pero sure ka naman na mawawala yang problema mo. sparkplug din pacheck up mo.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Toyota Corolla GLi Idling & AirCon