New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    Update on my corolla gli 95.

Got a hard time getting an appointment at Toyota Alabang. One week to get an appointment and change oil lang ang gagawin nila kasi dami daw ginagawa. Tsk-tsk-tsk.... sa kanila ako nagpapa-pms since 2001 then biglang dump na dahil lumang model na.

Anyway. I just had my car serviced outside and had my idle up valve checked. Functioning naman daw.

With regards to the compressor replacement, mag-iipon muna ako ng pambili ng brandnew. For the meantime, pagtitiisan ko na muna ang vibration during idling in trafffic.

Happy motoring ang drive safely. Keep your eyes on those motorcycles.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ganyan yata yung nangyari sa 93 gli ko dati. pinalitan ang alternator. mahina ang karga kaya nanginginig sa idling at naka-on ang aircon pero after nakatakbo na siya minsan ok minsan naman ayaw pa rin.

pwede rin koryente on one of the spark plugs. di niya nasusunog ng husto ang gasolina kaya nanginginig.

my 2 cents worth lang po...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi, I just purchased a 97 GLI, one month pa lang sa akin. I have a question on the idling, napansin ko pag naka aircon akonasa 8500 to 9000 ang rpm niya, pag naka off ang aircon, nasa 9000 to 10000 rpm siya. Di ba dapat the same rpm siya regardless if naka on or off yun aircon?

Is this the normal RPM range?
    BTW had the TB and IACV cleaned. did a reset of the IACV, still the same.
    BTW saw an oil leak in the distributor, had the oil seal replaced. still have the same RPM variance?

Also what is the average fuel consumption for a GLI. Mine does 6 to 7 kms per liter driving through Cubao to Taft everyday via EDSA or soetimes Manila.

Is it also ok to replace the springs or just add lifters, I heard kasi that replacement springs are soft. any adivse on this?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by monro View Post
    Hi, I just purchased a 97 GLI, one month pa lang sa akin. I have a question on the idling, napansin ko pag naka aircon akonasa 8500 to 9000 ang rpm niya, pag naka off ang aircon, nasa 9000 to 10000 rpm siya. Di ba dapat the same rpm siya regardless if naka on or off yun aircon?

Is this the normal RPM range?
    BTW had the TB and IACV cleaned. did a reset of the IACV, still the same.
    BTW saw an oil leak in the distributor, had the oil seal replaced. still have the same RPM variance?

Also what is the average fuel consumption for a GLI. Mine does 6 to 7 kms per liter driving through Cubao to Taft everyday via EDSA or soetimes Manila.

Is it also ok to replace the springs or just add lifters, I heard kasi that replacement springs are soft. any adivse on this?
    Sir,

normal lang ang lahat na nabanggit mo parte rpm/idling ng gli. ang konsumo, normal din yan sa city driving. pag long idstance, umaabot yan ng 10-12 km/li.

regarding sa springs olifters, la me eksperyensya dyan. stocvk talaga ang gli ko, model 93.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    salamat burjegol for your reply, all is within specs pala.

regards

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Toyota Corolla GLi Idling & AirCon