New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ford Focus RS, better, hands down, but they're not making it anymore. Atsaka not in the same league.

Ford Lynx RS, better steering and handling, heck, I still think it's better than the Focus 2.0 Sport steering. The Corolla XRS supposedly has a quicker steering rack than the regular Corolla, but still has a beam axle out back... and as any racer can tell you, much of the steering/handling feel of a car is determined by the rear suspension geometry. The RS definitely loses out on acceleration, though.

AFAIK, the old SiR is as quick or quicker than the XRS.

I'd like Toyota, or, heck, anybody... to release a 1.6 with a quicker steering rack and stiffer suspension than the regular car. Sort of like the RS package, never mind the engine... who cares about the engine? I want a car that steers nice and corners on rails. :D
    Last edited by niky; January 26th, 2006 at 04:51 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Ford Lynx RS, better steering and handling, heck, I still think it's better than the Focus 2.0 Sport steering.D
    Speaking of the Lynx RS, it reminds me of the very first Nissan Sentra SE-R although it's really based out of the same pedigree as the Protege. Actually, both cars remind me of the pocket-rocket terror that was the first Nissan Sentra SE-R. They still make the Lynx RS?

Edit: Actually, it looked similar to a 1994 Sentra SE with the 140hp 2.0 and which was probably the best looking Sentra ever.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 26th, 2006 at 05:35 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nope. There are maybe between two or three units left stockpiled, though. I know one is spoken for already. I hear you about the classic SE-R, I've always wanted to import one, but it's hard to work out a deal like that, and difficult to justify the expense for a car that old.

Local Nissan offerings, their bodykitted GTS, Touring Sport and 180GT models, over the years, have never really impressed me (just like the Altis S, all show...), and I've given up waiting on an SE-R from Yulon Nissan.

That's why we traded in our Sentra for the RS (aka Mazda MP3) when it came out, because it was nearly exactly like the original SE-R.... minus the ability to take a million pounds of turbo boost and make ridiculous amounts of power... but you can't have everything. :D
    Last edited by niky; January 26th, 2006 at 05:35 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    I'd like Toyota, or, heck, anybody... to release a 1.6 with a quicker steering rack and stiffer suspension than the regular car. Sort of like the RS package, never mind the engine... who cares about the engine? I want a car that steers nice and corners on rails. :D
    niky, how about the Focus 1.6L M/T?

haven't test driven one though... but the handling of the Focus is really nice... though they could still firm it up a bit.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nope. There are maybe between two or three units left stockpiled, though.
    That's a shame. Car cults grew up around the SE-R. But, there are also many Protege owners still around. I've seen a a few Protege MP3's around and one MazdaSpeed Protege. Right now though, the newest, hottest, darling of the pocket rocket crowd is the Scion tC (Toyota).

The Scion tC certainly looks like Toyota's answer to the Mazda3. Already, I'm seeing supercharged factory tuner tC's.

Scion tC
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 26th, 2006 at 06:46 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    now that i looked at it for the 2nd time... its even uglier than a stock 1.6L skirts but with puny rims is like putting 6'5 guy with size 6 feet...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    This is a (Toyota) Scion tC factory modded. Hmmm. A tC modded and supercharged with full warranty from the dealer.... I think I just found the car I'd trade in the Contour for. The wife can have the Sonata. This is what I want.

Eeep. Never mind about the warranty. The supercharger looks separate from the car. But still, it's a good tuner item..
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 26th, 2006 at 06:45 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    Dressed-up 1.6J? That means it doesn't even have ABS. It should also have been dropped by at least an inch.

In the first place, they should have offered that trim with at least the 1.8-liter engine paired with a manual gearbox, plus 2 airbags and disc brakes at the back. Better yet, bring in the real deal (XRS)!

And oh, I kinda fell in love with that color. Is that fuchsia metallic/mica?
    Wondering about the color also. Carlo where did this picture come from? Thailand? That color is not in the line up for the corolla S. Baka naman thats the red mica metallic, or the camera had bad exposure or whatever thats why it became fuchsia
    Last edited by Marantz; January 30th, 2006 at 08:59 AM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    one can get all those kits for a lot less than 150K pesos - 850K on S vs 680K on J, or nag price increase na ba ulit Altis??

and hindi talaga bagay sa Altis yung 15in, parang naka 13 lang sa tingingin. 17's much more normal looking but 2in drop is necessary. Hehe 1.5 years na lang pwede na ko mag-mod.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    My last post off-topic (haba na, eh! :lol: )

*mazdamazda: I'm thinking about it, but the RS still has tighter steering than the Focus, even though body control is just about the same (though the Focus is more supple). I'm waiting for a Focus Sports version with a quick rack.

*Jun: cult car nga yung SE-R at MP3. Too bad there are only around 240 or so RS units here... di siya masyadong kilala o ni-rerespekto ng mga tao. A lot of people even think it's just a dressed up 1.6! The Scion tC would be nice, but it's a coupe based on the Camry... footprint's a little big for a sport compact... but it's a nice looking car.

____

well, if they sell a body-kitted version, who cares about the 15's? People who buy those will change them anyway.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
The Toyota Corolla Altis S