New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 519 of 548 FirstFirst ... 419469509515516517518519520521522523529 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 5477
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eefui View Post
    It's got a low, boring beltline and the whole body just doesn't have enough curves to be a looker.
    the description seems to fit me.
    heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    SA sent me quotation below for 30k PMS. Do I really need the gasoline engine flush? I also don't know what midtronics is.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    SA sent me quotation below for 30k PMS. Do I really need the gasoline engine flush? I also don't know what midtronics is.

hi!
    we missed you.

i have never flushed anything from my car. no engine flush, coolant flush, oil flush. personally, i do not think these are needed. and i suspect, the SAs already put my ... personal quirks..., into their computer.
    "basic lang, sir?" is their comment as they access my computerized pms records.

midtronics? if i have to guess, it's an electronics gizmo test for your car... battery?
    i declined it. i can get the same test for free, at my suking baterya-han.

i must say, their oil filter fees are comparable to what my gas station charges for my more generic zic filter.

so how's your car?
    is it still gremlined?
    Last edited by dr. d; February 19th, 2019 at 10:55 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    hi!
    we missed you.

i have never flushed anything from my car. no engine flush, coolant flush, oil flush. personally, i do not think these are needed. and i suspect, the SAs already put my ... personal quirks..., into their computer.
    "basic lang, sir?" is their comment as they access my computerized pms records.

midtronics? if i have to guess, it's an electronics gizmo test for your car... battery?
    i declined it. i can get the same test for free, at my suking baterya-han.

i must say, their oil filter fees are comparable to what my gas station charges for my more generic zic filter.

so how's your car?
    is it still gremlined?
    Thank you doctor My car's warranty expired in 2017 but I stay loyal to the casa. It's so convenient because they pick up my car at home pa.

What do you mean by my car is gremlined?

OMG re quirks, that's true, once nasilip ko "maselan ang client" LOL. I'm particular about the paint and cleanliness of the interior kasi. Once kasi sinoli ng casa may hand marks e I have beige interior. I have very good relationship with the casa people though.

Last edited by _Cathy_; February 19th, 2019 at 11:18 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thank you doctor

What do you mean by my car is gremlined?

oh, "bugs" and un-explainable, recurrent issues.
    i remember, aircon, door lock..
    i initially was considering getting one, but i whoa'ed, when i read..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    oh, "bugs" and un-explainable, recurrent issues.
    i remember, aircon, door lock..
    i initially was considering getting one, but i whoa'ed, when i read..
    I think I got malas lang with my unit. Lesson learned NEVER to buy on the first month of release of a new model. For my next car purchase, I will wait for at least 1 yr, or better mid cycle.

Can you believe that my 2010 Altis NEVER had any repairs done since I bought it (except for my warranty claim on the AC) That car is even better than my AE101. I like to drive it better than my Gen 11, medyo kabado lang ako because the battery is 5 yrs 7 mos old na Toyota Corolla 11th Generation Altis [Merged Threads]

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012

Why do they insist on the 5W40? Even we're a tropical country, recommended is still 5W30.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Why do they insist on the 5W40? Even we're a tropical country, recommended is still 5W30.
    even my wigo, manual-rated for 5W30, is using 5W40, c/o casa pms.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just got my car from the casa. In the recommended service it says "NEED TO REPLACE CALIPER KIT (sliding pin stuck up)"

What does that mean? I don't feel anything wrong with my car naman.

Bad trip, hindi sinoli sakin yung natirang oil I said I will get it this week :P
    Last edited by _Cathy_; February 21st, 2019 at 05:39 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    ^There was a water ingress(maybe due to frequent hub-deep water crossing) on the sliding pin causing the metal part to corrode thus restricting the movement of the slider. Worst case is getting a locked caliper that could wear/damage the pads/rotor.