New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 444 of 548 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494544 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 5477
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    "Light floods" is a bit of an understatement vinj in your nearby province hehe.

Hopefully the roadworks they're doing now would eliminate these floods next year...
    Pssshhh... that's a puddle from a drizzle.

I do hope the roadworks and dredging helps. But if people still keep throwing trash in the canals, wala pa rin in the long run.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you drive through narrow streets, the pickup will really take getting used to. Though from my experience there weren't any roads that I wasn't able to pass because of my long truck - it just made it harder, but not impossible.

My maintenance was around Php 8-10k per 10T km for the Ranger. The Altis is cheaper simply because it uses half the amount of oil, and of course Toyota's PMS prices are inherently cheaper than Ford's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree here. And backup sensors are a godsend for pickup drivers today.

For maintenance, I spend around 4K+ every service stop for the Hilux at Toyota (5,000kms, using mineral based oil). The Altis was roughly 30%-35% cheaper to service and as mentioned, it is mainly due to the oil. In the end though i will be going for outside service eventually so it should be lower.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    *vinj and *jut703- You guys are making my choice harder lol. I live near Nagtahan so I pass by Espana st. and Aurora blvd where flooding is a problem. Quirino ave and Osmena highway are also full of pot holes. At the same time, its also traffic most of the time and waze always makes me go through the small side streets, specially when going to Makati. I will use the vehicle maybe 95% city then maybe a trip outside manila once a month or so only. Bottom line, I can't decide!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mousemouse View Post
    *vinj and *jut703- You guys are making my choice harder lol. I live near Nagtahan so I pass by Espana st. and Aurora blvd where flooding is a problem. Quirino ave and Osmena highway are also full of pot holes. At the same time, its also traffic most of the time and waze always makes me go through the small side streets, specially when going to Makati. I will use the vehicle maybe 95% city then maybe a trip outside manila once a month or so only. Bottom line, I can't decide!
    If a PPV is too pricey, how about a CUV? Juke/BRV under 1M, ASX and HRV at 1.1M.

The potholes on Quirino and Osmena are bearable even for a sedan. You wouldn't pass Aurora or Espana if it was flooded, even with a pickup, since the traffic would be horrendous anyway.

Both options have their compromises, but I think in your case a sedan is a better buy.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions! I will take a look at the crossovers but I am pretty sure that a sedan would be okay for me. An Innova is also present at home so I can just borrow that if I need to go out of town on not so smooth roads. I think at this point a sedan would be the more practical choice since it is cheaper, offers a better ride and will suit what I need most of the time. A pickup will just be an emotional purchase, probably hehe.

If a PPV is too pricey, how about a CUV? Juke/BRV under 1M, ASX and HRV at 1.1M.

The potholes on Quirino and Osmena are bearable even for a sedan. You wouldn't pass Aurora or Espana if it was flooded, even with a pickup, since the traffic would be horrendous anyway.

Both options have their compromises, but I think in your case a sedan is a better buy.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for the suggestions! I will take a look at the crossovers but I am pretty sure that a sedan would be okay for me. An Innova is also present at home so I can just borrow that if I need to go out of town on not so smooth roads. I think at this point a sedan would be the more practical choice since it is cheaper, offers a better ride and will suit what I need most of the time. A pickup will just be an emotional purchase, probably hehe.
    Seems to me that the sedan is a better fit for you, so there's no need to spend an extra 200k and deal with the extra heft of a pickup.

A sedan is for asphalt, a pickup is for the road less travelled. Toyota Corolla 11th Generation Altis [Merged Threads]

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    nice vehicles! Is black really harder to maintain?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    nice vehicles! Is black really harder to maintain?
    Yes, much much harder to maintain than my other car which is grey. Toyota Corolla 11th Generation Altis [Merged Threads]

Watermarks, scratches, dirt, and swirl marks are very visible so it's hard to keep it squeaky clean and blemish-free.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hard to maintain... but satisfying to clean and detail if that's your thing.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I am not one to enjoy cleaning, I wash my car twice a month minimum to once a week max, just so it doesnt get too dirty so I guess black won't be a good idea. I was thinking dark gray or the red metallic. I see a lot less of the red though so I may go with that.

Any ideas on the discount and freebies these days? The SA from Otis stated 25k if I get financing from them. I've read back and found that some have been getting 40k discount.