New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 429 of 548 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 5477
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hy-n-dry View Post
    Thanks for your reply. The choice is actually bet. the 2.0 Altis or Mazda3 2.0. My preference for the Mz3 is guarded due to concerns about reliability.. which as we know is Toyota's strong point. My only experience with CVT is limited to INVECS III of the Lancer.. which I find robust. Prolonged agony!
    I have an Altis but between the 2.0 variants, but I think the Mazda 3 is a much better choice.

The Altis 2.0 just feels like a souped-up 1.6. The 2.0 feels a class higher than the 1.5 because of all the subtle features that you can't easily upgrade - the center tach with a digital speedo (vs a digital tach and mechanical speedo), LED tail lamps, twin tailpipes, sharkfin antenna, HID, moon roof, and of course, the much better engine.

Only drawbacks for me are space and NVH. Reliability wise, well I have a 12-year old Mazda 3 2.0 and it hasn't been a headache. Yes, replacement parts are more expensive than a Toyota, but it isn't hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Has anyone experienced rattling on the front passenger side? Casa can't seem to fix the issue with mine. I thought it came from the glove compartment kasi.
    Had rattling issue too. Pero yung sakin every time the engine is cold lang. Every cold start kung baga. And after 10 mins of driving nawawala din weird. Front passenger side.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Na test drive ko din mazda 3 1.5 and 2.0 variants. Lamang sa toys and techs mazda. Pero superior talaga ang altis sa nvh. Also parang same lang engine response ng 2.0 mazda sa 1.6v ko. Altis 2.0 looks better than mazda 3 imho

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kurt View Post
    Na test drive ko din mazda 3 1.5 and 2.0 variants. Lamang sa toys and techs mazda. Pero superior talaga ang altis sa nvh. Also parang same lang engine response ng 2.0 mazda sa 1.6v ko. Altis 2.0 looks better than mazda 3 imho

Where'd you test drive them? Just around the block or were you able to get them to around 80-100 kph?

The Altis feels very responsive at slow city speeds because it has a lot of low-end power. On the other hand, both the 1.5 and 2.0 have more power in the midrange and top end. For the 1.5, it feels bitin at low revs and just adequate when revved hard. The 2.0 feels adequate at low revs and delightful when revved hard.

Looks-wise, I still think the 2.0 Mazda looks better than the 2.0 Altis which just looks like a 1.6 with ricey kits. Of course, beauty is entirely subjective so some people will really find the Altis better looking.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Where'd you test drive them? Just around the block or were you able to get them to around 80-100 kph?

The Altis feels very responsive at slow city speeds because it has a lot of low-end power. On the other hand, both the 1.5 and 2.0 have more power in the midrange and top end. For the 1.5, it feels bitin at low revs and just adequate when revved hard. The 2.0 feels adequate at low revs and delightful when revved hard.

Looks-wise, I still think the 2.0 Mazda looks better than the 2.0 Altis which just looks like a 1.6 with ricey kits. Of course, beauty is entirely subjective so some people will really find the Altis better looking.

I love my Altis, it gives me pleasure driving it. However, I find M3s irresistible to look at, especially those Red onesToyota Corolla 11th Generation Altis [Merged Threads].

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Yep I wasn't able to rev it hard because i took the test drive * their event in bgc last month. Just city driving around the block. I was with my brother who also tried the m3 and we both have same feedback Toyota Corolla 11th Generation Altis [Merged Threads]

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s2kurt View Post
    Yep I wasn't able to rev it hard because i took the test drive * their event in bgc last month. Just city driving around the block. I was with my brother who also tried the m3 and we both have same feedback Toyota Corolla 11th Generation Altis [Merged Threads]

Lugi naman Mazda 3 because the Altis is really peppier from a standstill but the Mazda catches up as you get up to speed, especially the 2.0. Di hamak na mas mabilis ang 0-100 ng 2.0 Mazda kaysa 1.6 na Altis CVT. Yung 1.5 medyo bitin talaga unless you always rev it.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Guys ganon din ba sa altis nyo na madaling masira yung wiper arms head cap? Parehas kasi na nasira na yung dalawa. Mahal pa naman sa casa, maliit lang na plastic eh php120. agad.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by grand kotse View Post
    Guys ganon din ba sa altis nyo na madaling masira yung wiper arms head cap? Parehas kasi na nasira na yung dalawa. Mahal pa naman sa casa, maliit lang na plastic eh php120. agad.

visit some auto parts stores. they might just have what you want, at a small fraction of the casa cost.
    for example: the instrument panel light bulb sells for several hundred bucks in the casa. i can get one from the nearby auto parts store for less than 50 kesos.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by grand kotse View Post

No. My car is over a year old with 35,000 km on its odometer and my wipers are fine.

Are you doing anything different with your wipers?