New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 542 of 547 FirstFirst ... 442492532538539540541542543544545546 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 5464
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Double post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; May 19th, 2021 at 07:44 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    Toyota SA just told me no need to replace CVTF. It’s a non serviceable transmission daw.Toyota Corolla 11th Generation Altis [Merged Threads]

actually sir, kahit dun sa altis namin na 2002 model, may naka sulat na "lifetime ATF" to that effect.. na no need to replace under normal conditions..

kaya siguro sinabi naila na "non serviceable" kasi walang dip stick yan mga bagong transmission.. pero may tamang teknik naman sa pag replace ng fluid nyan.. may toyota specific tools na din yata to refill the transmission.

80k or 100k kms is the best to replace the fluid lalo na kung normal city driving lang naman with occasional expressway trips.. pero kung heavy use like hauling or parang fleet use na almost 24 hours tumatakbo, baka every 40k kms dapat replace ng fluid

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    actually sir, kahit dun sa altis namin na 2002 model, may naka sulat na "lifetime ATF" to that effect.. na no need to replace under normal conditions..

kaya siguro sinabi naila na "non serviceable" kasi walang dip stick yan mga bagong transmission.. pero may tamang teknik naman sa pag replace ng fluid nyan.. may toyota specific tools na din yata to refill the transmission.

80k or 100k kms is the best to replace the fluid lalo na kung normal city driving lang naman with occasional expressway trips.. pero kung heavy use like hauling or parang fleet use na almost 24 hours tumatakbo, baka every 40k kms dapat replace ng fluid
    Yung mga CVT-equipped Subarus have no dipstick. However, there is a way for the CVTF to be replaced via the drain-and-refill method or the more complex dialysis method.

On such Subarus, there is a drain plug on the bottom of the engine to drain the CVTF and a spout on the right side of the engine where the CVTF can be funneled.

For the Mitsubishi ASX, the CVTF was funneled thru its dip stick. I changed the CVT before 40k km.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Yung mga CVT-equipped Subarus have no dipstick. However, there is a way for the CVTF to be replaced via the drain-and-refill method or the more complex dialysis method.

On such Subarus, there is a drain plug on the bottom of the engine to drain the CVTF and a spout on the right side of the engine where the CVTF can be funneled.

For the Mitsubishi ASX, the CVTF was funneled thru its dip stick. I changed the CVT before 40k km.

the subaru one seems similar to what toyota details in their repair manual for the corolla however has an additional step that requires a scan tool for adjusting the fluid level at operating temp.

Toyota Service Information

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    CVT fluid changed today.

Thanks to bro Egan101 for referring 2211 works.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    CVT fluid changed today.

Thanks to bro Egan101 for referring 2211 works.

You’re welcome, bro! 2211 nearest to Makati. I had the CVTF of my FXT changed at FusionR at ERod in QC. Back then, yun lang suggested place for Subies for CVTF change. Sumunod na rin yung 2211 sa ganyang services.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    And they say Toyotas are easier to work on. Doable naman, pero parang ayaw din talaga ipagalaw ah.

Just recently changed myself the ATF on a Ford, which many would say is a car that’s “hard to work on”. Needed only a wrench, funnel, screwdriver, pliers and jug for measuring the amount that comes out. Done in less than 25 minutes.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Toyota SA just told me no need to replace CVTF. It’s a non serviceable transmission daw.Toyota Corolla 11th Generation Altis [Merged Threads]

Anong toyota dealership yan? Sa Toyota Marikina, although di totally agree yung SA sa pagpalit ng fluid, pumayag pa rin naman.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ruelle41 View Post
    Anong toyota dealership yan? Sa Toyota Marikina, although di totally agree yung SA sa pagpalit ng fluid, pumayag pa rin naman.
    Ang tanong... Sigurado kayang pinalitan o siningil ka lang

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Ang tanong... Sigurado kayang pinalitan o siningil ka lang

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Well, I have no way to check tbh kasi bawal tingnan. I do have the excess oils and the containers of the fluids they used.