New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 533 of 547 FirstFirst ... 433483523529530531532533534535536537543 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 5464
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I was supposed to have my PMS March 2020, buti di naipit ng lockdown. I don't use my car so I dunno if I should PMS pa, next year na lang kaya

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    my recommendation: don't.
    the potential for infection outweighs the potential damage the car might suffer from postponing its pms.
    just warm it up from time to time, moving it to and fro, to avoid solidifying of some supposed-to-be-non-solid components.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 25th, 2020 at 09:25 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    my recommendation: don't.
    the potential for infection outweighs the potential damage the car might suffer from postponing its pms.
    just warm it up from time to time, movein ti to and fro, to avoid solidifying of some supposed-to-be-non-solid components.
    If casa agrees to pick up, do you think it's okay? I will park the car outside and then I will also ask them to leave it outside when done? Although I will be forced to have some interaction pa rin since I need to sign documents and give payment. I hope the car jockey wears a mask. My issue is not everyone wears a mask or if they do not properly

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    If casa agrees to pick up, do you think it's okay? I will park the car outside and then I will also ask them to leave it outside when done? Although I will be forced to have some interaction pa rin since I need to sign documents and give payment. I hope the car jockey wears a mask. My issue is not everyone wears a mask or if they do not properly
    by my estimate, at least three people will expose themselves to the car.
    but if you feel that making bilad afterward under the hot sun is a good car sanitizer...

personally,
    if it were my car, i wouldn't prioritize it, because it did not earn the requisite kilometers.
    i've done this "6 months or 5000 km, whichever comes last" many times. i'm comfortable with the deed.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Naka-PMS na ko, hinintay ko pa maghapon yung car sa showroom mismo.

Sister ko kaka-PMS lang din the other day. Iniwan niya lang sa Toyota BGC then binalikan nung hapon. Pati yung Mazda halos every month may pinapaayos so nakailang balik na rin sa shop.

My principle - if you can't sustain 100% isolation forever, might as well adjust to a sustainable level of protection.

IMO - mask, social distancing, frequent handwashing is enough. All countries who've beaten COVID have done so just by following those 3 steps.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Sa mga naka cvt, kamusta cvt ninyo? Probably may mga high mileage units na. I am wondering what to expect in terms of reliability and maintenance in the long term. Got a used 2014 model with 64k on the clock. Looked in the manual and walang specific about sa pagpalit ng cvt fluid, something lang about changing them at 80k if heavily used yung sasakyan (like if pinang-taxi like grab/uber). Pero nothing about normal use

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ruelle41 View Post
    Sa mga naka cvt, kamusta cvt ninyo? Probably may mga high mileage units na. I am wondering what to expect in terms of reliability and maintenance in the long term. Got a used 2014 model with 64k on the clock. Looked in the manual and walang specific about sa pagpalit ng cvt fluid, something lang about changing them at 80k if heavily used yung sasakyan (like if pinang-taxi like grab/uber). Pero nothing about normal use

Curious din ako dun sa mga burara na di nagpapalit ng CVT. I wonder how it holds up to abuse

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006

My Civic CVT is 70k kms already after 3 years. Twice na ko nagpalit CVT fluid (40k and my most recent PMS). ASX namin 130k km, last palit CVT fluid was 120k km.

No different than maintaining a regular AT.

Sa dami ng CVT cars in the market ngayon pati backyard mekaniko alam na na maselan yan and needs regular CVTF replacement every 40k so hindi naman mataas failure rate ng CVT despite what naysayers claim. Sa dami ng City and Mirage CVT na binenta since 2014 (Vios since 2017) sigurado dami na high mileage unit diyan na tumatakbo pa rin.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

With our awful traffic, hindi po yan normal. Change at 80k or 4yrs whichever comes first.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    My Civic CVT is 70k kms already after 3 years. Twice na ko nagpalit CVT fluid (40k and my most recent PMS). ASX namin 130k km, last palit CVT fluid was 120k km.

Sa dami ng CVT cars in the market ngayon pati backyard mekaniko alam na na maselan yan and needs regular CVTF replacement every 40k so hindi naman mataas failure rate ng CVT despite what naysayers claim. Sa dami ng City and Mirage CVT na binenta since 2014 (Vios since 2017) sigurado dami na high mileage unit diyan na tumatakbo pa rin.

Nah. In my experience madami pa din walang alam. Basta na lang kung ano ang ilalagay. Dati may shop, lalagyan ba naman sana ng CVTF yung 2009 City namin. Hindi na ako bumalik. The casa itself, kung hindi ko pa ipipilit na palitan yung ATF, di nila gagawin when it was 4 years old.

Pinaka maselan sa CVT at ATF ang Honda in my experience. Put a non Honda fluid in and the chances of crapping out sky rockets. Yung 2.4 accord ng tito ko wala na, basura na ang transmission.

That’s why I’m curious sa case ng Toyota. How does their CVT hold up with using non OEM fluids and not replacing it on time.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Noted on the 40k changes, thanks. In your case ba recommended/part ng maintenance schedule yung pagpalit ng cvtf? Or rinerequest mo na ipapalit na? Recently kasi pinaservice ko sa casa for 65k procedure, inaantay ko if i-suggest nilang palitan pero di nila binanggit at all. Pag sinabi nila papayag ako pero wala. Idk if ininspect nila even. Maybe I should've asked them na din directly. Also pala how much usually gastos mo pala pag nagpalit cvtf?