New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 344 of 357 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i would have expected the ninja to be among the last to ask this.
    heh heh.
    nakabili nako used bro with ballast
    sana gumana, this weekend ang installation

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Hello po, looking to buy a used altis 10.5gen. 2.0V po yung nakita ko na 2013 model pearl white. 20k lang po yung odometer nya.

Based po sa pag check namin, legit 20k po talaga.

Tires are still 2013 production with 90% thickness in my estimate. The steering wheel still has those patterns and the seat cushion
    are still plump. Brake paddle is still thick and all oil fuel radiador caps are clean. Including the opening.

Owner lives in the US and just stays here in the country for 3-4 months a year.

The seller is quite old and lives in an exclusive village so I really don't feel like he's lying. Para pong CEO yung kausap ko.

Basically, my question is, is a low mileage car that isn't really used a lot worth it? Btw, he priced it below 400k.

Thank you po.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If maintenance history is documented, then it will be a good buy. By the way, change the tires. They are quite old already even if it only ran for 20k km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If maintenance history is documented, then it will be a good buy. By the way, change the tires. They are quite old already even if it only ran for 20k km.

Yes boss. I do plan to replace the tires. About the documentation, he currently has none. He just told me that they drive it from time to time. But about the change oil or replacements,
    there was none. I think they're only basing maintenance schedule with the odo reading and since it's low, they don't do it.

Actually, when I opened the fuel lid, it was like opening a can of soda. There's some hissing sound. I'm assuming it's just the vapor of the fuel being stuck there for some time.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by raycsreyes View Post
    Yes boss. I do plan to replace the tires. About the documentation, he currently has none. He just told me that they drive it from time to time. But about the change oil or replacements,
    there was none. I think they're only basing maintenance schedule with the odo reading and since it's low, they don't do it.

Actually, when I opened the fuel lid, it was like opening a can of soda. There's some hissing sound. I'm assuming it's just the vapor of the fuel being stuck there for some time.
    An rarely used car with not much maintenance history would be something to worry about. Some parts degrade over time and the rubber bushings could get hard. Fluids stuck within containers with not much circulation is not something you’d want.

Have you driven it? Give it a test drive to know any squeaks or issues while the car is running.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Yes I did but only within the village. Wala naman pong weird sound and after po magdrive, nagcheck po ulit ako. Wala naman pong leaks or anything.

Yan din sir worry ko kasi kahit po yung gulong actually, makapal pero papalitan ko. So malamang po may mga papalitan din sa loob kahit na mukhang bago pa. Thank you boss. Skip ko lang po siguro.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hello po, looking to buy a used altis 10.5gen. 2.0V po yung nakita ko na 2013 model pearl white. 20k lang po yung odometer nya.

Based po sa pag check namin, legit 20k po talaga.

Tires are still 2013 production with 90% thickness in my estimate. The steering wheel still has those patterns and the seat cushion
    are still plump. Brake paddle is still thick and all oil fuel radiador caps are clean. Including the opening.

Owner lives in the US and just stays here in the country for 3-4 months a year.

The seller is quite old and lives in an exclusive village so I really don't feel like he's lying. Para pong CEO yung kausap ko.

Basically, my question is, is a low mileage car that isn't really used a lot worth it? Btw, he priced it below 400k.

Thank you po.
    20K km only...
    my concern would be the 2.0. how takaw is its fuel appetite?

otherwise, if i were in need of a car, it seems a good buy.
    it's a toyota. madali't hindi naman gaano kamahal palitan ang dapat palitan.
    just make tawad if you want the car, for the possible repair jobs.
    it is obvious, seller is not in need of money.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    2.0L displacement gas engines wouldn’t be that bad in fuel consumption if the vehicle is not that big. A compact sedan or small crossover would be just right. It would be around the same as heavy compact car with a 1.6L or 1.8L gas engine, like an Altis or Civic.

A bigger engine means more power/torque so easier to accelerate compared to a similar car with a smaller engine.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    I've read somewhere that the 2.0V is actually better than the 1.6V because of the CVT. So in terms of fc, it should be close. I'm only looking at altis 10.5 gen.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yes I did but only within the village. Wala naman pong weird sound and after po magdrive, nagcheck po ulit ako. Wala naman pong leaks or anything.

Yan din sir worry ko kasi kahit po yung gulong actually, makapal pero papalitan ko. So malamang po may mga papalitan din sa loob kahit na mukhang bago pa. Thank you boss. Skip ko lang po siguro.
    That's true. I have a 2010 Corolla 48k but I had the 50k PMS done na because it will take me years to reach 50k. It's still sariwa but I was shocked when casa recommended so many repairs and I was advised here that it's due to the age na din kasi mga related to those with rubber

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    20K km only...
    my concern would be the 2.0. how takaw is its fuel appetite?

otherwise, if i were in need of a car, it seems a good buy.
    it's a toyota. madali't hindi naman gaano kamahal palitan ang dapat palitan.
    just make tawad if you want the car, for the possible repair jobs.
    it is obvious, seller is not in need of money.
    doc when I sold my AE101 I had all the records but the buyer did not bother to get it anymore. I diligently file everything pa naman hahaha. I still do it with my cars kasi ayoko masabi na dinaya odometer. I remember when I had the seat cover done for my AE101 at more than 11 or 12 yrs old ata the seatcover guys commented na sariwa pa upuan (kasi yung mga laspag na cars para lumulundo na ang seats or something) so there are a lot of tell din naman kung totoong sariwa like the sidings din pati yung pag sara daw ng pinto hehe

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]