New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 315 of 357 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewric View Post
    I dont even know kung anong ichura ng engine support...hay pag kasing tanga ko talaga magrerely na lang sa.inyo...

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk
    ang mahal naman!

take a trip to banawe in QC, po. ask around. but deal only with those with their own repair area. hirap makipag-usap dun sa mga wala namang tunay na puwesto at nakiki-iskwater lang o kinukumpune ang kotse ninyo sa tabi ng daan.
    ask for oem, japan replacement, and bayan seller (e.g., cheapest) prices, as well as labor cost and time required for the job.
    bring money na rin, so that if the price appeals to you, pa-gawa na ninyo.

google engine support images, po, and learn.

lilipas rin po ang "tanga"-ness ninyo.
    no one here was born clutching an engine support. lahat dito, dumaan rin sa ganyan. bar none.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 27th, 2018 at 09:44 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Meanwhile Clutch Replacement sa ibang Toyota Quote

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Meanwhile Clutch Replacement sa ibang Toyota Quote

some folks (me, at least!) here might say, "you are being taken for a ride".

i do not think you need those "cleaners", "flush", "additive", "stop squeal", "treatment", "nitrogen" (hah!), "benzin system" (whatever that is, i am confident you don't need it).
    and what are "smiles" ?
    and why are they charging "smiles promo charge" for a promo?

brake adjust and clean? i had mine done last week at banawe, for 400 bucks a pair. that's 800 bucks for the entire car. (i can't read your complete jobs list, so i don't know how much you are being charged.)

undercoat? at this later stage of your car, it might just entrap rust, mud and moisture onto your car.

errr...
    newly acquired car, po?
    why do you believe it needs new clutch and engine support, sir? does the car have shakes and has vibes?
    Last edited by dr. d; September 27th, 2018 at 10:04 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Since pagkabili bnew nasa akin na. However si drivet ang pinapagmaintain ko sa casa we solely rely sa booklet. I was shocked lang kasi last year 40k na damage sa akin this year naman 35k. Toyota nagsabi may problem sa clutch upon checking then dinala sa ibang shop wala naman daw problem tinest drive baka daw "ENGINE SUPPORT".
    AFTER that nag ask na ako how much would it cost ba sa engine support etc clutch assembly etc whatever repair replacement is needed.
    Kaya ako nakakuha ng mga breakdown the thing is while reading it hindi ko naintindihan talaga trued googling it still di ko magets.
    Thank you doc!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Since pagkabili bnew nasa akin na. However si drivet ang pinapagmaintain ko sa casa we solely rely sa booklet. I was shocked lang kasi last year 40k na damage sa akin this year naman 35k. Toyota nagsabi may problem sa clutch upon checking then dinala sa ibang shop wala naman daw problem tinest drive baka daw "ENGINE SUPPORT".
    AFTER that nag ask na ako how much would it cost ba sa engine support etc clutch assembly etc whatever repair replacement is needed.
    Kaya ako nakakuha ng mga breakdown the thing is while reading it hindi ko naintindihan talaga trued googling it still di ko magets.
    Thank you doc!

two weeks ago, i had my car pms'd at the casa. after the check-up, the mechanic said my brake pads are already worn dangerously thin. they would like to replace them, to the tune of 4K for the front alone. being poor at that time, i declined.
    two days later, i went to banawe. they opened my brakes. they replaced the front pads for 1.4K, including labor. but in my opinion, the pads were not dangerously thin. i figger it would still last a year... they also cleaned and adjusted the rear shoes, for 400 bucks. i thought the shoes were already thin, but they said "that's how they are, even when new".
    also, when they opened the rear drums, i noticed that it was dirty inside. and i also remembered suddenly, that my handbrake still needed more than 4 clicks to hold. so i got to asking myself, "did the casa guys clean and adjust the rear brakes, really?"

if car owner knows next to nothing about cars, casa is the safer, albeit, more expensive, choice.
    but if owner knows something about cars, off-casa repair is much cheaper and faster.

much of the time naman, basic lang ang car maintenance...
    car fluids, oil and filter... it's all on a schedule, in the owner's manual.
    brakes.. silip, adjust, clean and/or replace lang yan, once a year siguro.
    sparking plugs.. we used to clean and adjust them. nowadays, they simply replace every so thousand km.
    tires, suspension wear and tear.. you can feel and hear when there is something to replace or adjust.

any decent shop can do these. an owner can also do it, albeit it requires dirty arms and muscle sore.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 27th, 2018 at 10:32 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks a lot Doc!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    dalhin nyo po sa banawe. ask the guys there to see if the engine supports need replacement.
    and while you're there, you can have them open the brakes, clean and if necessary, replace the friction pads.
    i have my oil and filter change, at the gas station. i do not want to be saddled by a gallon of dirty engine oil. some gas stations have an ongoing promo for oil change.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ok na po oil change cost me
    3.8k yesterday.
    Ask ko lang doc, may idea kayo how much ang.mga ito and parang gusto ko na paayos.

Para lang may idea ako doc
    How much kaya including labor?

1.Manual transaxle oil change? Is this the manual transmission fluid change?

2.Cabin air filter
    3.Engine Air filter
    4.brakes pad linings idunno po?
    5.Adjust inspect both suspension
    6.Tightening of bolts and nuts on chasis and body

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Ok na po oil change cost me
    3.8k yesterday.
    Ask ko lang doc, may idea kayo how much ang.mga ito and parang gusto ko na paayos.

Para lang may idea ako doc
    How much kaya including labor?

1.Manual transaxle oil change? Is this the manual transmission fluid change?

2.Cabin air filter
    3.Engine Air filter
    4.brakes pad linings idunno po?
    5.Adjust inspect both suspension
    6.Tightening of bolts and nuts on chasis and body

i go to the gas station with oil change promo. it doesn't cost me more than 2.5K, using mineral oil.

1. for front wheel drive, the transaxle specs should be in the owner's manual. memory fails, and i am not sure anymore, if it is the same as engine oil. for rear wheel drive vehicles, it is called the transmission oil, and is entirely independent of the engine oil.
    2. cabin air filter is usually under the dash. google the movements, po. they can show it better than i can explain. and if the outgoing filter is "still ok", i launder mine and re-use.
    3. engine air filter is easy. google it, po. use gloves on your hands. filter prices vary.
    4. brakes? i let the mekanikos do it. too back-breaking and muscle-soring for me in my old age. 400 bucks a pair to clean and adjust. 1K a pair of front pads.
    5. inspection of suspension alignment is usually free, if they do not use their electronic instruments. varying prices, if they do. you have to ask. have yours done in a busy place. nothing can be most irritating, when they do not have the replacement part on hand.
    6. bolt tightening. i... dunno... i uplift the car at the gas station, and see if any visible bolts underneath need tightening.

all these are fairly easy to do, and most will not require exotic equipment.
    but it is difficult to do, when it is your first time.
    the friendly mechanics tambaying beside the auto parts stores should be able to do them fine.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 27th, 2018 at 11:48 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Super thank you!
    1. Iba ba ang "CLUTCH FLUID" sa
    "Manual Transaxle fluid"
    2.When to replace?
    Manual transmission ang akin doc.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]