New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 286 of 357 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nice choice, almost went with the R1 as well but ultimately decided otherwise because of the directional tread and the fact that it's a really old tire model. They're selling it cheap now as they're positioning the new Advan V701 to replace it as the entry-level high-performance tire so it's become really good value.

Let me know how it holds up, curious to see if it'll last longer than my Kumho. Currently at 15,000 km after 10 months with my set.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    It's more of brand loyalty as well as aesthetic and economic reasons that I went with the R1s. Hehe. I can't find too much reviews online and yes, some of it are old na. But the tread and the sidewall design still looks good to me.

About the directional design, I found that it helps to hold the tire in a straight line. If you lift your hand off the wheel, the tire maintains the forward motion. I mean, if you nudge it to go left or right, it will just snap back sa centerline. With others, it will tend to follow where you initially pointed it to. The Advan Fleva seems promising too but the cheapest I've seen here is still Php4,650 a piece. Yes, we'll see how it will hold up, but that will take some time to determine as although I average 10,000km per year previously, it may now be down to 8,000 or so in the coming months with less and less out of town trips. I am raring to try this car sana sa NLEX/ SLEX/ TPLEX/ CAVITEX/ SCITEX etc. pero none upcoming at the moment.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    All cars are really off from GPS readings at stock tire sizes. My Civic reads 104 kph at 100 kph GPS reading. Same with my Altises before.

You can upsize to 205/60R16 if you like, but it looks awful. Look at the Focus 1.6 Trend (stock tires are 205/60R16). Sidewalls look too thick.

The 10th gen Altis already has one of the most comfortable rides across all compacts I've driven. I had the G variant (15" tires) and in comparison to my other 1.6G with 17" tires, ride comfort wasn't signficantly better even with thicker sidewalls.

Sir good day po. newbie po ako dito. and I also own 10th gen altis. di pa po ako makastart nang thread kasi sa rules 5 replies daw po muna. anyway, somewhat related po ang plan kong istart na thread dito po sa post mo.

my concern is, plan ko po sana mag palit nang mags. for extra cool looks po sana, G variant din po yung altis ko. ano po kaya marerecommend niyo na mags size para sakin, prefer ko sana is yung gwapo tignan at the same time same handling performance sa stock. gusto ko sana umiwas sa 15" and prefer ko sana ay 16" mags kaso maganda po kaya tignan yun? and kung magchange po ako nang 16" hindi na po ba pepwede ang stock tires natin dun?

i know matagtag ang 17", na try ko na once sa 9th gen altis ko before, pero gusto ko sana nang 16" na mejo 17" ang itsura, exisiting po ba ang ganung klaseng mags?

TIA po sir.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by benten11 View Post
    Sir good day po. newbie po ako dito. and I also own 10th gen altis. di pa po ako makastart nang thread kasi sa rules 5 replies daw po muna. anyway, somewhat related po ang plan kong istart na thread dito po sa post mo.

my concern is, plan ko po sana mag palit nang mags. for extra cool looks po sana, G variant din po yung altis ko. ano po kaya marerecommend niyo na mags size para sakin, prefer ko sana is yung gwapo tignan at the same time same handling performance sa stock. gusto ko sana umiwas sa 15" and prefer ko sana ay 16" mags kaso maganda po kaya tignan yun? and kung magchange po ako nang 16" hindi na po ba pepwede ang stock tires natin dun?

i know matagtag ang 17", na try ko na once sa 9th gen altis ko before, pero gusto ko sana nang 16" na mejo 17" ang itsura, exisiting po ba ang ganung klaseng mags?

TIA po sir.
    Hindi matagtag ang 17s sa 10th gen Altis. I had 17s with mine and it wasn't matagtag at all.

Kung mag-16s ka, just get the stock 16s of the 1.6V. Walang 16s na mukhang 17s. You also can't use your 15" tires for 16 or 17 inch rims.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Hindi matagtag ang 17s sa 10th gen Altis. I had 17s with mine and it wasn't matagtag at all.

Kung mag-16s ka, just get the stock 16s of the 1.6V. Walang 16s na mukhang 17s. You also can't use your 15" tires for 16 or 17 inch rims.

sir maraming salamat po! stock shocks pa rin po ba gamit niyo? at pag nagpalit po ba nang 17" magbabago po ba yung handling. malambot po kasi iliko yung 15" e. pag nag 17" po ba titigas ang handling?

last weekend pumunta po ako sa banawe para magtingin, ive decided na 17" na lang kukunin ko, although magiipon pa ako kasi pati tires for sure papalitan. sa BCC ako napadaan. madami silang choices and accomodating. and good prices mga mags and tires nila.

kaso parang di po ako makapili nang maganda at gusto ko, sir babagay po ba 17" volk rays na design nang mag sa 10th gen natin, ganun po sana trip kong design nang mags kaso mukhang mahirap maghanap

napadaan din po ako sa HUB unlimited po ba yun?sa west ave. parang parehas lang po design nila sa BCC.

ask ko lang po sana kung may alam po kayo na may makukuhaan nang volk rays like design na shop. or iba pa pong magandang shop nang mags.

sir TIA po sa mga replies

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by benten11 View Post
    sir maraming salamat po! stock shocks pa rin po ba gamit niyo?
    last weekend pumunta po ako sa banawe para magtingin, ive decided na 17" na lang kukunin ko, although magiipon pa ako kasi pati tires for sure papalitan. sa BCC ako napadaan. madami silang choices and accomodating. and good prices mga mags and tires nila.

kaso parang di po ako makapili nang maganda at gusto ko, sir babagay po ba 17" volk rays na design nang mag sa 10th gen natin, ganun po sana trip kong design nang mags kaso mukhang mahirap maghanap

napadaan din po ako sa HUB unlimited po ba yun?sa west ave. parang parehas lang po design nila sa BCC.

ask ko lang po sana kung may alam po kayo na may makukuhaan nang volk rays like design na shop. or iba pa pong magandang shop nang mags.

sir TIA po sa mga replies
    When in Banawe - Ben's OK and GTD Tires. You should also try looking in Evangelista - the entire street is filled with different wheel shops. On Facbook, search for The Grip Guys - their online catalogue is vast, and if you find something you like, you can visit their store in Marikina.

Join the Altis Club FB group so that you can see the different rims people have on their 10th gen Altises. 😊

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    When in Banawe - Ben's OK and GTD Tires. You should also try looking in Evangelista - the entire street is filled with different wheel shops. On Facbook, search for The Grip Guys - their online catalogue is vast, and if you find something you like, you can visit their store in Marikina.

Join the Altis Club FB group so that you can see the different rims people have on their 10th gen Altises. 😊

sir maraming salamat po! opo sir naka join na ako dun sa fb group. nakakalaway nga lang mga setup nang iba dun

sir additional question. when it comes to handling, may huge difference po ba ang 17"s? kasi yung 15"s malambot siya iliko, sa 10th gen po ba na altis matigas na po ba manibela pag 17"s na? iirc sa 9th gen ko po. mejo tumigas ang manibela niya, then nung lumipat po ako sa 10th gen(with stock 15"s) sobrang naramadaman ko pagkakaiba nila sa pressure while turning. same changes lang po kaya yun sa 10th gen natin pag nag 17"s

thank you so much sir for fast replies, greatly appreciated!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Hi, everyone...

Has anyone of you experienced/felt a slight shake when breaking in bumper-to-bumper traffic. I started feeling this last week.

I think the shaking comes from the engine that I feel through the steering wheel. When I put the gear from D to N, the slight shaking disappears.

By the way, my 10th gen is a 1.6 V variant, 2009 year model. I never felt this slight shaking before, so I'm worrying. And also: I had my 65,000-km PMS on July 8, with rear break pads replacement the only thing I can consider "major."

Would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Altuy View Post
    Hi, everyone...

Has anyone of you experienced/felt a slight shake when breaking in bumper-to-bumper traffic. I started feeling this last week.

I think the shaking comes from the engine that I feel through the steering wheel. When I put the gear from D to N, the slight shaking disappears.

By the way, my 10th gen is a 1.6 V variant, 2009 year model. I never felt this slight shaking before, so I'm worrying. And also: I had my 65,000-km PMS on July 8, with rear break pads replacement the only thing I can consider "major."

Would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.
    Could be your engine mounts just aging. It's bound to happen at some point. Although my 2009 Altis was still smooth up to when I sold it at 94,000 km.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Could be your engine mounts just aging. It's bound to happen at some point. Although my 2009 Altis was still smooth up to when I sold it at 94,000 km.
    Thanks, jut... Is it realistic for a car with just 65,000 kilometers on the clock?

Yours was A/T, right?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    It has been more than a week already. I think the shaking is gone...

But I do recall a weird occurrence: I was about to go home one weekday, so I started my car. A few seconds later, I smelled fuel like I just re-fueled from a pump station.

The smell went away in 3 to 5 minutes. After this, shaking was gone.

I'm still on the lookout, though.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]