New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 285 of 357 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Grabe naman pala presyuhan ng mga keyless entry remotes. I was quoted Php17k and it's not from the casa pa. Magkano kaya sa casa ito?? I do appreciate the service though. At least me alternative if ever me mangyari sa remote mo.
    maybe they quoted you the complete package, including the four or five individual door solenoids, to the receiver, to the key fob remote buttons.
    if you car already has centralized door lock, you won't need solenoids. ask for just the the receiver and key fobs. that should be less than 5K for the less sophisticated models.
    i remember paying less than 5K for the casa-sourced and -installed basic unit. my car already had central door lock, so i did not have to buy the solenoids.

or maybe they quoted you their original oem-, as in oem-factory units. yung hindi makakakuha ng kapalit except from the factory. yes, they cost an arm and a leg.
    when i asked my SA if i can get a spare remote, he suggested, "bili na lang kayo ng whole new package, with spare remote. mas mura pa kaysa i-isang oem spare remote".
    Last edited by dr. d; June 25th, 2017 at 12:17 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    It's more than likely it's the 2nd scenario as I was asked for the pic of the remote fob and was quoted for the brand new and original item.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Good day to all po. Ask ko lang sana if meron na EPS yung Altis 1.6G 2009 model? Was able to test drive kanina and parang same lang handling sa normal power steering. Also, anu pa po major diferences ng 1.6G and 1.6E na 10th gen, planning to buy one po. I chose the 10th gen over honda FD dahil sa price, older ng 2-3years yung FD pero same price.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hi,

My Dad's planning to upgrade the tires (or in my earnest hopes, rims as well) on my Mom's 10.5 Gen Altis V. The 10.5's relatively lower stance compared to the 9th Gen got her into some trouble with a ramp like construction structure a few days back. Sumayad yung likod kaya kelangang ipagawa yung bumper. Anyhow, enough about what happened, I also don't have the exact details...

So, my Dad's solution was to lift the ride height a bit with taller tires on stock rims. (Getting my Mom to be more wary of road conditions is a solution that won't probably come. Hehe!) He's planning to chuck the 205/55r16s and trade them in for taller tires - 205/60r16, I assume. I don't have much experience with 16s though. So my clarifications are:
    1) Is there such a size - 205/60r16 locally? And will it fit on stock tires without rubbing?
    2) If I get to upgrade to 17s, what's the size you guys on 17s use? Will 215/50r17 provide additional usable height?

Thanks!
    Was planning to do the same with my 2.0V 2011. I checked and the stock tire is really 205/55/R16. But aside from my wish for a softer ride, off din kasi ang calibration ng odometer. Checking with a GPS app, it's off by around 5kph from around 30kph onwards. So ang solution ko, hitting two birds with one stone, is to fit taller tires nga. I've checked and there are plenty of 205/60/R16 tires from several brands. Mas mura pa nga siya than the stock size. Case in point, yung Falken ZE914 eh 4,000 sa 205/55 while 3,500 lang sa 205/60. Checking also with tire calculator, the increase in diameter just addresses the odometer error. So 100kph in the odometer with the 205/60 will be closer to the actual GPS speed.

Any feedback on the aesthetics and handling with this solution?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Was planning to do the same with my 2.0V 2011. I checked and the stock tire is really 205/55/R16. But aside from my wish for a softer ride, off din kasi ang calibration ng odometer. Checking with a GPS app, it's off by around 5kph from around 30kph onwards. So ang solution ko, hitting two birds with one stone, is to fit taller tires nga. I've checked and there are plenty of 205/60/R16 tires from several brands. Mas mura pa nga siya than the stock size. Case in point, yung Falken ZE914 eh 4,000 sa 205/55 while 3,500 lang sa 205/60. Checking also with tire calculator, the increase in diameter just addresses the odometer error. So 100kph in the odometer with the 205/60 will be closer to the actual GPS speed.

All cars are really off from GPS readings at stock tire sizes. My Civic reads 105 kph at 100 kph GPS reading. Same with my Altises before.

You can upsize to 205/60R16 if you like, but it looks awful. Look at the Focus 1.6 Trend (stock tires are 205/60R16). Sidewalls look too thick.

The 10th gen Altis already has one of the most comfortable rides across all compacts I've driven. I had the G variant (15" tires) and in comparison to my other 1.6G with 17" tires, ride comfort wasn't signficantly better even with thicker sidewalls.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006

All cars are really off from GPS readings at stock tire sizes. My Civic reads 104 kph at 100 kph GPS reading. Same with my Altises before.

You can upsize to 205/60R16 if you like, but it looks awful. Look at the Focus 1.6 Trend (stock tires are 205/60R16). Sidewalls look too thick.

The 10th gen Altis already has one of the most comfortable rides across all compacts I've driven. I had the G variant (15" tires) and in comparison to my other 1.6G with 17" tires, ride comfort wasn't signficantly better even with thicker sidewalls.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    All cars are really off from GPS readings at stock tire sizes. My Civic reads 104 kph at 100 kph GPS reading. Same with my Altises before.

Thanks, jut! I was about to ask you this but decided to just throw it here in the board. Yung Altis 2003 ko kasi eh saktong-sakto yung speedometer sa GPS speed. I thought the speedo might have been affected by the tampering of the odometer (though it's just a suspicion).

About the ride comfort, I just feel na yung tire mismo (Dunlop SP Sport 01) ang me konting ride issue. Medyo matigas ang talbog sa mga road irregularities, at medyo maingay din. That's comparing to my Yoko A.Drive sa old Altis. Mukhang maayos pa naman yung response ng shocks ni 2.0V. Although on a related note, kaya rin I was looking to lift the car via taller tires eh kapag nasa 3 or more na ang passengers eh malaki ang sag ng kotse. Ilang beses na nga sumayad yung lip ng front bumper eh with the driver pa lang yun. So kapag mga medyo mataas na humps eh super bagal na ako at super tagilid sa pagrampa. Same kapag medyo elevated ang sidewalk. So parang sacrificing the look for more peace of mind.

On another note naman, this time with regards the push start button. Is there something to be gained dun 3-step push start na ginagawa ko kapag di naman nagmamadali? I push the button once without the brake pedal which turns on the accessories, then another push which sets it doing the initial checks (oil, ABS, etc), then the final push with the brake pedal for the engine start.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks, jut! I was about to ask you this but decided to just throw it here in the board. Yung Altis 2003 ko kasi eh saktong-sakto yung speedometer sa GPS speed. I thought the speedo might have been affected by the tampering of the odometer (though it's just a suspicion).

About the ride comfort, I just feel na yung tire mismo (Dunlop SP Sport 01) ang me konting ride issue. Medyo matigas ang talbog sa mga road irregularities, at medyo maingay din. That's comparing to my Yoko A.Drive sa old Altis. Mukhang maayos pa naman yung response ng shocks ni 2.0V. Although on a related note, kaya rin I was looking to lift the car via taller tires eh kapag nasa 3 or more na ang passengers eh malaki ang sag ng kotse. Ilang beses na nga sumayad yung lip ng front bumper eh with the driver pa lang yun. So kapag mga medyo mataas na humps eh super bagal na ako at super tagilid sa pagrampa. Same kapag medyo elevated ang sidewalk. So parang sacrificing the look for more peace of mind.

On another note naman, this time with regards the push start button. Is there something to be gained dun 3-step push start na ginagawa ko kapag di naman nagmamadali? I push the button once without the brake pedal which turns on the accessories, then another push which sets it doing the initial checks (oil, ABS, etc), then the final push with the brake pedal for the engine start.
    What tire pressure do you use? The 10th gen's recommended is 32/30 PSI. You can go lower if you want a softer ride. Personally the Altis was already too soft and I often went for 35 PSI. You might want to check if your shocks are still okay and if they're orig. KYB replacement shocks are known to have stiffer ride quality over stock shocks.

Regarding sayad, sorry ganyan talaga 10th gen - overhangs are too long - My Civic has 20mm less ground clearance but I've never scraped the bottom. Just live with it since sa ilalim lang naman nagagasgas. Getting 205/60 tires will still lead to the same sayad, pumangit pa car mo.

No need to press three times to start the car, never did that on our 2.0V before and never had a problem. Now that I have a push-button ignition car again, I still just start the car right away. 😊

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What tire pressure do you use? The 10th gen's recommended is 32/30 PSI. You can go lower if you want a softer ride. Personally the Altis was already too soft and I often went for 35 PSI. You might want to check if your shocks are still okay and if they're orig. KYB replacement shocks are known to have stiffer ride quality over stock shocks.

Regarding sayad, sorry ganyan talaga 10th gen - overhangs are too long - My Civic has 20mm less ground clearance but I've never scraped the bottom. Just live with it since sa ilalim lang naman nagagasgas. Getting 205/60 tires will still lead to the same sayad, pumangit pa car mo.

No need to press three times to start the car, never did that on our 2.0V before and never had a problem. Now that I have a push-button ignition car again, I still just start the car right away. 😊

Finally decided on the Yokohama A. Drive R1 and just stay with the 205/55/R16. I was just looking at it this morning and thought how a little bit awkward it might have been at 205/60.

As stated previously, was considering the Falken 914 Ecorun, pero since konti lang diperensya with the A. Drive, eh di Yokohama na lang ako. The 914 is 4k each, while the A.Drive is 4.2k only. Papalitan ko sana yung buong set, pero nanghinayang din ako dun sa Dunlop Sport 01 since 6.8k pala brand new noon. So just replaced the rears with the A.Drive, then swapped it with the Dunlops which was relegated to the rear. The extra Dunlop I had it installed with the spare wheel. I have them now at 32psi all around and I got the ride comfort I was looking for and with less tire noise also.

As for the push start button, medyo na-OC lang ako when I discovered the 2 other steps available. Hehe. I might do the one push na lang kung matibay naman pala.

Thanks for all the help.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Finally decided on the Yokohama A. Drive R1 and just stay with the 205/55/R16. I was just looking at it this morning and thought how a little bit awkward it might have been at 205/60.

As stated previously, was considering the Falken 914 Ecorun, pero since konti lang diperensya with the A. Drive, eh di Yokohama na lang ako. The 914 is 4k each, while the A.Drive is 4.2k only. Papalitan ko sana yung buong set, pero nanghinayang din ako dun sa Dunlop Sport 01 since 6.8k pala brand new noon. So just replaced the rears with the A.Drive, then swapped it with the Dunlops which was relegated to the rear. The extra Dunlop I had it installed with the spare wheel. I have them now at 32psi all around and I got the ride comfort I was looking for and with less tire noise also.

As for the push start button, medyo na-OC lang ako when I discovered the 2 other steps available. Hehe. I might do the one push na lang kung matibay naman pala.

Thanks for all the help.
    Nice choice, almost went with the R1 as well but ultimately decided otherwise because of the directional tread and the fact that it's a really old tire model. They're selling it cheap now as they're positioning the new Advan V701 to replace it as the entry-level high-performance tire so it's become really good value.

Let me know how it holds up, curious to see if it'll last longer than my Kumho. Currently at 15,000 km after 10 months with my set.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]