New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 280 of 357 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it's an idea.
    but blind loyalty is difficult to set aside.
    i'm still thinking about it...
    Advantage of the Altis is a slightly more spacious rear and a more cosseting ride.

The Civic has an obvious advantage in terms of power without a big hit in fuel economy. This is supplemented by sharper handling that makes the Civic more fun to toss around corners. The current Altis is a big improvement over its predecessors in terms of handling, but the Civic has always been the more athletic car. Not to mention, the Civic has a much more responsive CVT.

The design and execution of the Civic looks very modern both inside and out, making the Altis suddenly feel old. If there's any chink in the Civic's armor, it's the awful steering wheel with cheap control buttons. It doesn't even come with leather! However, the Altis also mucks it up with the interior as the facelifted version comes with yellower seats and side trim, it looks like it has hepatitis.

In terms of toys, they are both pretty well-loaded - Bluetooth, automatic climate control, keyless entry, and so on. The Civic just feels more high tech with the space-age head unit and instrument panel.

Overall, order is back in the compact car world. While 2014-2016 saw the Altis being better than the FB Civic in almost every way (including handling *gasp*), the FC Civic has struck back. Hard.

If you want a sporty all-rounder, get the Civic. If you want a more conservative option, get the Altis. If you want all-out handling, Mazda 3.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Advantage of the Altis is a slightly more spacious rear and a more cosseting ride.

If you want a sporty all-rounder, get the Civic. If you want a more conservative option, get the Altis. If you want all-out handling, Mazda 3.

You may probably call me conservative, so I like the 10.5 gen Altises. Hehe. The 11th gen not so much, as it has that Vios feel (and look).

Have also searched around for Mazda 3's and wow, they can be had for Php250k or so now. That's for 2008 or so models though. Are they any good?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    You may probably call me conservative, so I like the 10.5 gen Altises. Hehe. The 11th gen not so much, as it has that Vios feel (and look).

Have also searched around for Mazda 3's and wow, they can be had for Php250k or so now. That's for 2008 or so models though. Are they any good?
    I agree that the 10.5 gen V Altises look rather timeless. Interior looks clean also, but really feels like 2008. No hint of Bluetooth or even USB connectivity in this 2011 facelift. Heck, the FD Civic had aux in 2006, it only became standard for the Altis after the facelift.

Drive is also boring. Slow steering, soft suspension. Although it does feel more communicative than the equally dull Civic FB.

As for the gen 1 Mazda 3, it's a truly timeless car that was way ahead of its class when it was first launched in 2004. I'm referring to the 2-liter of course - the 1.6 was underpowered and thirsty. They both go for the same price in the secondhand market, so it's a no-brainer to go for the 2.0R.

My 2004 Mazda 3 has better steering and handling than all the other compacts I've had (10th, 10.5, 11th gen Altis, and FB Civic). It's a blast to drive down mountain roads.

Engine power is good, but the 4-speed transmission and 1340 kg curb weight bog down an otherwise sprightly performer. I was surprised to discover that my 10.5 gen Altis actually has better performance despite having 19 hp less, most likely due to the being 100 kg lighter and having slightly closer gear ratios. Because it's such a heavy car, the brakes also feel insufficient under hard braking despite having 4-wheel discs all around.

To be fair though, these performance nitpicks only apply to hard driving. In typical city or highway cruising, there's nothing to complain about with the Mazda 3 except the dismal 6 km/L fuel consumption.

The Mazda 3 (2005 onwards, 2004 wasn't as well-kitted) also comes with a lot of features, more than its contemporaries:

✔ Sunroof
    ✔ Leather seats
    ✔ Leather steering wheel
    ✔ Automatic climate control
    ✔ Aux connectivity
    ✔ Steering wheel audio controls
    ✔ Flip key

Ride quality is also better than any subcompact in the market right now, although of course the benchmark for compacts has been raised. Space is adequate, almost the same level as the 10th gen Altis.

Parts are actually quite abundant, both in Banawe and in Mazda dealerships. I've replaced quite a number of parts in the 2 years I've had the car, and I haven't really had a hard time finding them.

All in all, the Mazda 3 2.0R is the best compact you can get under 250k. The next compact I'd recommend is an '09-'11 Civic FD 1.8S or 2.0S, but those cost over 100k more.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I agree that the 10.5 gen V Altises look rather timeless. Interior looks clean also, but really feels like 2008. No hint of Bluetooth or even USB connectivity in this 2011 facelift. Heck, the FD Civic had aux in 2006, it only became standard for the Altis after the facelift.

Drive is also boring. Slow steering, soft suspension. Although it does feel more communicative than the equally dull Civic FB.

As for the gen 1 Mazda 3, it's a truly timeless car that was way ahead of its class when it was first launched in 2004. I'm referring to the 2-liter of course - the 1.6 was underpowered and thirsty. They both go for the same price in the secondhand market, so it's a no-brainer to go for the 2.0R.

My 2004 Mazda 3 has better steering and handling than all the other compacts I've had (10th, 10.5, 11th gen Altis, and FB Civic). It's a blast to drive down mountain roads.

Engine power is good, but the 4-speed transmission and 1340 kg curb weight bog down an otherwise sprightly performer. I was surprised to discover that my 10.5 gen Altis actually has better performance despite having 19 hp less, most likely due to the being 100 kg lighter and having slightly closer gear ratios. Because it's such a heavy car, the brakes also feel insufficient under hard braking despite having 4-wheel discs all around.

To be fair though, these performance nitpicks only apply to hard driving. In typical city or highway cruising, there's nothing to complain about with the Mazda 3 except the dismal 6 km/L fuel consumption.

Wow, that's carb territory already. That's really quite a bummer. My '03 Altis still gives me 8.5 to 9kms/L in city driving. I'll be going to Batangas tomorrow and will re-test the FC for highway driving. Highest I got previously was 14kms/L pure highway.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Wow, that's carb territory already. That's really quite a bummer. My '03 Altis still gives me 8.5 to 9kms/L in city driving. I'll be going to Batangas tomorrow and will re-test the FC for highway driving. Highest I got previously was 14kms/L pure highway.
    My city driving is lower than most because it's purely heavy traffic. I live in a CBD and work in a different CBD and the traffic in between is horrendous.

With the same route, my 2015 Altis MT is lucky to get 8 km/L.

But yes, 6 km/L is the norm for most 4AT 2-liter compacts. We also had a 2.0V 10th gen Altis and consumption was similar in that kind of traffic.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I have a 10th Gen Altis. My next PMS would be 40K kms. Do you have an idea how much would l spend at CASA for my next PMS?
    1. What parts are to be replaced?
    2. How much is the labor cost?

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Anyone have an idea how much wipers are? Mas mahal ba sa casa o sa speedyfix na lang ako bibili?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Anyone have an idea how much wipers are? Mas mahal ba sa casa o sa speedyfix na lang ako bibili?
    ano problema ng wipers mo?
    try mo muna linisin with denatured alcohol. wala pa 1 year yun wipers ko noon pero nag-skip/streaks na sya.

heto ginawa ko, ok na sya ulit ngayon;

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It's definitely over 2 yrs old na :P Mga magkano ba wiper? 1k? I forgot already

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    i have no idea sa price ng wipers ngayon.
    pero sigurado taga sa casa iyan, better call them first then compare sa labas.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]