New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 273 of 357 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    "lifetime warranty".
    it means, when the gadget or part malfunctions, its lifetime is over, and thus the warranty.
    heh heh.

i don't believe in "lifetime warranties". if i can do maintenance (i.e., may access points), i do it.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 7th, 2016 at 03:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "lifetime warranty".
    it means, when the gadget or part malfunctions, its lifetime is over, and thus the warranty.
    heh heh.

i don't believe in "lifetime warranties". if i can do maintenance (i.e., may access points), i do it.
    Ditto.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Anybody had their fuel filter replaced? I inquired to speedyfix and he recommend casa for this piece. Any recommended casa if ever? Considering either toyota pasig or taytay as this are nearest to me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    Anybody had their fuel filter replaced? I inquired to speedyfix and he recommend casa for this piece. Any recommended casa if ever? Considering either toyota pasig or taytay as this are nearest to me.

Fuel filters aren't expensive so you can have it done in the casa if you like.

When I replaced the fuel filter for my Mazda, I just bought the part from Banawe and had it replaced at speedyfix. Labor was 600 I think, while the filter was around 400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Toyota Pasig used to allow bringing in parts. You can check with them if you can buy your own fuel filter. I agree to have the CASA do it if you find it reasonable. The filter is located at the fuel tank. We did the fuel filter replacement on our Vios before at our suking tindahan and the screwed cover can be quite tedious to screw on properly (never tried with my Altis though).

Aside from the fuel filter, it would be good to replace the O-ring to the fuel tank screw cover to ensure the fumes don't get into your vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thanks for the reply vinj

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    So i just came from toyota taytay and the service advisor informed me that there is no need to replace the fuel filter. Apparently the fuel filter is inside the gas tank and the recommendation is to change fuel filter at the same time as the fuel pump.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Which means only when fuel pump gives up.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Moreover the atf is already the ws lifetime atf so there is also no need the ever change atf.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Moreover the atf is already the ws lifetime atf so there is also no need the ever change atf.

Re. the lifetime ATF, if for your own peace of mind, go ahead and replace. Just use the original Toyota ATF and a competent shop can do the job. I myself would still change ATF out of habit.

Re. the fuel pump, we've changed fuel filters on our previous Altis and Vios without changing the fuel pump (they are on the same assembly though); after a few years, i replaced fuel filters and the fuel pump on the Vios when it hit 140,000kms.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]