New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 232 of 357 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    how's the automatic transmission fluid status po?
    and i'd still check the sparking plugs, just for completion of check-up.

puwede sir na mag-cause ng ganitong prob ang atf? sorry baguhan po sa a/t ;)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by n6i1c9o View Post
    Hello everyone. I apologize if this problem has been posted somewhere else, but I really need help.

I recently got a secondhand 2009 Toyota Altis. I have been noticing a crayon smell. I have checked and sniffed every surface and it seems to be concentrated on the passenger-side carpet. I have removed the mats on both driver-side and passenger-side and the bottom side reeked of the crayon smell. The thing is, the driver-side carpet doesn't smell like crayons, only the passenger-side carpet does. No smell on the seats, the dashboard, the steering wheel and the gear shift (just sweat smell), and the rear carpet.

I have sifted through the internet and asked a few car cleaning business and have found the following possible reasons:
    - freon leak (from a cleaning business)
    - "That particular smell is quite consistent with the Altis." (a different cleaning business)
    - wax used to glue the interior
    - mold in the vents

Any input will be appreciated.
    wash it po. also, have the car's floor washed.
    if the odor remains, it may be coming from the adhesive used. if so, you may have no choice but to live with it. or have the entire rug replaced..

btw, does everyone in the family agree with the presence of the odor? because you may be the only one sensitive enough to detect it... there are odors that less than 7% of the human population can detect..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by plx810 View Post
    puwede sir na mag-cause ng ganitong prob ang atf? sorry baguhan po sa a/t ;)
    you did say that despite the engine revving well, the car refuses to accelerate fast enough. that leaves the automatic transmission. ATs are more sensitive to fluid levels than MTs. also, today's ATs are build like precision clockwork mechanisms.. too many things that can go wrong..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    wash it po. also, have the car's floor washed.
    if the odor remains, it may be coming from the adhesive used. if so, you may have no choice but to live with it. or have the entire rug replaced..

btw, does everyone in the family agree with the presence of the odor? because you may be the only one sensitive enough to detect it... there are odors that less than 7% of the human population can detect..
    My girlfriend and a tita could also smell it, though my coworkers couldn't.

I tried to utilize my free day to have the smell removed so we went to a place to have the interior Bactakleened. It kinda worked, but it still lingered. Went to a different place to have the carpets removed then washed. Since that takes a few days, I have been riding around with bare floors. That's when I noticed that there was this black sticky thing covering the base of the center console. Sniffed it, and wouldn't you know it, it stank of the crayon smell. It seems to be the adhesive material that was used to stick some sound insulation to the base.

So, I removed that, all of it, and the smell has drastically lessened. It was really really really bothering me so I just decided to hell with it. I asked my mechanic before doing that though, in case there was some dire consequence in me removing the adhesive material.

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Guys, i have a 10.5 gen 1.6v.

My question is, what security feature does the car have against carnappers? Im not sure if this car has immobilizer.

I did read the manual but its not there.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Good afternoon sirs! Just an inquiry. Is it possible for an '08 Altis to be diagnosed for a top overhaul?

Medyo smoky na e.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Good afternoon sirs! Just an inquiry. A repair shop in Sucat recommended that my '08 Altis to undergo a top overhaul because of high oil consumption and smoky exhaust. Is it really necessary considering the car is just 6 years old?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by duster View Post
    Good afternoon sirs! Just an inquiry. A repair shop in Sucat recommended that my '08 Altis to undergo a top overhaul because of high oil consumption and smoky exhaust. Is it really necessary considering the car is just 6 years old?
    with symptoms like that, you might end up having a general overhaul..
    have your car checked first by another shop, to verify this first mechanic's opinion.
    overhaul is not necessarily dictated by the car's age, but by the conditions the car's engine had to endure. even a one-year old car might need an overhaul, if it was mal-treated badly..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    with symptoms like that, you might end up having a general overhaul..
    have your car checked first by another shop, to verify this first mechanic's opinion.
    overhaul is not necessarily dictated by the car's age, but by the conditions the car's engine had to endure. even a one-year old car might need an overhaul, if it was mal-treated badly..
    Therein lies the quandary sir. I had it checked in another shop and both had compression tests done with the results satisfactory. I'm worried that the valve rings might be problematic. Here were my observations:

-smoke is excessive and bluish when I start the car
    -smoke disappears when engine heats up
    -smoke reappears when I rev the engine while in neutral.
    -had the oil change last monday (4L semi-synthetic) but when I checked dipstick oil level was just below the top dot

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent9999 View Post
    Guys, i have a 10.5 gen 1.6v.

My question is, what security feature does the car have against carnappers? Im not sure if this car has immobilizer.

I did read the manual but its not there.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Sir the 1.6V has immobilizer

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]