New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 231 of 357 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by timykoo View Post
    Btw, please help me settle my dilemma. What should i do with my rotors, already refaced before due to "sugat" sa rotor. Now may sugat nanaman sa rotor ko. It's still on OEM and haven't changed them yet. It seems like OEM rotors on our altis are too soft. Should i change to a new OEM one or just buy a replacement rotor at toyorama? And for the brake pads, is their any other replacement than bendix? It makes too much brake dust. Or is it better to stick to OEM brake pads? Thanks for the input
    The OEM pads of the Corolla are quite good. Worth it over the Bendix.

As for the replacement rotors, that's what i went for with our warp-prone rotors on the Grandia and 9th Gen Altis. Bought them all at Toyorama.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^
    On another note, i have an annoying "tok" that intermittently comes out when braking suddenly (or with more pressure than usual); it came out right after the 20,000km service. I usually comes out after the car has been driven for a while and the brakes are hot already. I brought it back to Toyota Shaw the next day and they cleaned again and put some grease on the calipers/brake pad shims and the sound went away. After a few days it came back. Anyone experience this?
    Any news on this one? I have the same problem on a 10th gen

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't know what Toyota Shaw did but the sound has decreased significantly. I still get creaking sounds though when i brake while the suspension is going through a hump, dip or bump. I plan to experiment by changing the caliper pins when i have the time.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    thank God for this forum and thread.

anyway brief background lang kasi baka it might seem na noob yung ibang questions ko. well, for most of my 10 years, ae92 and ae101 trueno ang gamit ko. then my mom in law, sold me her 10th gen altis A/T for couple hundred grand as wedding gift na rin sa amin ng fiance ko. which is on december by the way. so there, kaya medyo di ko kabisado ang modelo.

anyway it has 40,000+ kms now. just last march, i started using the car more often. i felt na medyo mabagal siya compared dati (kasi dina-drive ko rin naman ito before). as in pag binaon mo yung gas, ambagal talaga niya pumick up as in. hindi naman siya palyado, wala naman tope, smooth idle, and it can reach naman 100km/hr speed as ive tried it. but the acceleration, significantly decreased talaga. pero once it picks up, ok naman, pretty much normal.

anyway, i had its oil changed since then. since sobrang dami na ng air filter element, i instead put in a cone type filter without replacing the tubes.

i reset the ECU. i even cleaned the MAF using contact cleaner. still the same. acceleration is really slow.

ano pa ba posibleng culprit nito?
    -plugs di ko pa napapaltan pero i cant even spark plugs causing this significant loss in acceleration
    -may mga dapat ba akong papaltan since over 40.000kms na siya? fluids, parts and all?
    -tuneup? basically, ano ba ginagawa sa tuneup ng ganitong oto? at saan ok?

kasi sa ae92 ko, tuneup means adjust timing, adjust camgears (adjustble). pihit distributor etc. eh how about sa altis?

again sorry for making such a long post. like i said, sa mundo ng altis, baguhan po ako.

PS: years ago pina-camber align yung oto, since then hindi na bumabalik mag isa yung manibela. pero magaan and all. ano kaya culprit nito? or is this normal?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    thank God for this forum and thread.

anyway brief background lang kasi baka it might seem na noob yung ibang questions ko. well, for most of my 10 years, ae92 and ae101 trueno ang gamit ko. then my mom in law, sold me her 10th gen altis A/T for couple hundred grand as wedding gift na rin sa amin ng fiance ko. which is on december by the way. so there, kaya medyo di ko kabisado ang modelo.

anyway it has 40,000+ kms now. just last march, i started using the car more often. i felt na medyo mabagal siya compared dati (kasi dina-drive ko rin naman ito before). as in pag binaon mo yung gas, ambagal talaga niya pumick up as in. hindi naman siya palyado, wala naman tope, smooth idle, and it can reach naman 100km/hr speed as ive tried it. but the acceleration, significantly decreased talaga. pero once it picks up, ok naman, pretty much normal.

anyway, i had its oil changed since then. since sobrang dami na ng air filter element, i instead put in a cone type filter without replacing the tubes.

i reset the ECU. i even cleaned the MAF using contact cleaner. still the same. acceleration is really slow.

ano pa ba posibleng culprit nito?
    -plugs di ko pa napapaltan pero i cant even spark plugs causing this significant loss in acceleration
    -may mga dapat ba akong papaltan since over 40.000kms na siya? fluids, parts and all?
    -tuneup? basically, ano ba ginagawa sa tuneup ng ganitong oto? at saan ok?

kasi sa ae92 ko, tuneup means adjust timing, adjust camgears (adjustble). pihit distributor etc. eh how about sa altis?

again sorry for making such a long post. like i said, sa mundo ng altis, baguhan po ako.

PS: years ago pina-camber align yung oto, since then hindi na bumabalik mag isa yung manibela. pero magaan and all. ano kaya culprit nito? or is this normal?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    how's the automatic transmission fluid status po?
    and i'd still check the sparking plugs, just for completion of check-up.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Hello everyone. I apologize if this problem has been posted somewhere else, but I really need help.

I recently got a secondhand 2009 Toyota Altis. I have been noticing a crayon smell. I have checked and sniffed every surface and it seems to be concentrated on the passenger-side carpet. I have removed the mats on both driver-side and passenger-side and the bottom side reeked of the crayon smell. The thing is, the driver-side carpet doesn't smell like crayons, only the passenger-side carpet does. No smell on the seats, the dashboard, the steering wheel and the gear shift (just sweat smell), and the rear carpet.

I have sifted through the internet and asked a few car cleaning business and have found the following possible reasons:
    - freon leak (from a cleaning business)
    - "That particular smell is quite consistent with the Altis." (a different cleaning business)
    - wax used to glue the interior
    - mold in the vents

Any input will be appreciated.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Mga Sir sorry kung off topic, gusto ko lang sana humingi ng advise about my 2009 Altis. Balak ko po sya ibenta hindi ko lang po alam kung how much. Bale 2009 Altis MT 1.6G, 24K kms pa lang po, mods po eh head unit, spring and tire and mags.

Salamat po.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fourstring View Post
    Mga Sir sorry kung off topic, gusto ko lang sana humingi ng advise about my 2009 Altis. Balak ko po sya ibenta hindi ko lang po alam kung how much. Bale 2009 Altis MT 1.6G, 24K kms pa lang po, mods po eh head unit, spring and tire and mags.

Salamat po.
    you can scan the internet used car prices and look for a similar model as yours. take into account the extras, mileage, color, etc.
    but this is the asking price. the actual going price is something only the buyer and seller know.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    na check na po ako gusto ko rin lang kumuha ng inputs dito kasi mas may tiwala ako dito sa forum.

thanks anyway Sir.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]