New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 229 of 357 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What's done during the 35k PMS? My car is out of warranty already and casa quoted me P6.5k for the PMS! My Mom is complaining already I don't know why it keeps on getting expensive when I don't see them changing anything in the PMS except for the oil filter and spark plugs

Where is it good to have my PMS (non-casa) in the Makati area kaya? Will I save a lot if I just buy the parts (oil, filter and spark plugs) at the casa and have it done somewhere else?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What's done during the 35k PMS? My car is out of warranty already and casa quoted me P6.5k for the PMS! My Mom is complaining already I don't know why it keeps on getting expensive when I don't see them changing anything in the PMS except for the oil filter and spark plugs

Where is it good to have my PMS (non-casa) in the Makati area kaya? Will I save a lot if I just buy the parts (oil, filter and spark plugs) at the casa and have it done somewhere else?
    Any gas station like Petron, shell & caltex will be ok. Mahigit kalahati yun matitipid mo pag sa labas mo pa change oil.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What makes casa pms more expensive ba? So okay lang if I just buy the parts sa casa?

What do I need to buy for 35k PMS?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    some owners' manuals have a table indicating the activities performed in celebrating the 35Kth kilomersary..
    some casas have such chart on the wall of their customers' lounges..

what makes casa pms so expensive? they have very high overhead expenses.. gas stations have comparably very low overhead expenses.. but you already know this..

i celebrated my car's out-of-warrantiness by having its oil changed in the friendly neighborhood gas station..may promo sila.. 1400 kesos, hecho derecho.. and everything finished in 30 minutes!
    sigurado pa akong hindi hinablot ang air filter ng makina o aircon, at hindi tinanggal ang engine thermostat.. at hindi pinalitan ang timing belt ng peke.. at hindi kinuha ang spare tire.. at hindi kinuha ang screwdriver sa tool pouch.. at hindi binasag ang driver's height adjuster knob.. at...etc..
    sometimes, i wonder why i patronize the casa's pms at all...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    some owners' manuals have a table indicating the activities performed in celebrating the 35Kth kilomersary..
    some casas have such chart on the wall of their customers' lounges..

what makes casa pms so expensive? they have very high overhead expenses.. gas stations have comparably very low overhead expenses.. but you already know this..

i celebrated my car's out-of-warrantiness by having its oil changed in the friendly neighborhood gas station..may promo sila.. 1400 kesos, hecho derecho.. and everything finished in 30 minutes!
    sigurado pa akong hindi hinablot ang air filter ng makina o aircon, at hindi tinanggal ang engine thermostat.. at hindi pinalitan ang timing belt ng peke.. at hindi kinuha ang spare tire.. at hindi kinuha ang screwdriver sa tool pouch.. at hindi binasag ang driver's height adjuster knob.. at...etc..
    sometimes, i wonder why i patronize the casa's pms at all...
    My owner's manual does not have it so I don't know what to instruct the non-casa place for PMS? I trust Toyota Pasig naman. I normally leave my car there for days at a time. Even the money I leave in the cabin hindi nababawasan. It's just that I find 6.5k for PMS too much. Pamahal ng pamahal

I checked my 30k PMS receipt and it cost me almost P8k pala! Can I remove the engine flush and fuel treatment na? If I buy just the oil (2.5k) Spark Plug (400) and oil filter (315), I will spend 3.2k lang on parts and probably 4k including non casa labor?

Do I really need the engine flush and fuel system? Can I ask casa not to include that na lang? And just the 4 selected below?

BTW, Are the Toyota Oil, Spark Plugs and Oil filter cheaper if I buy it outside casa? If so, where?

Last edited by _Cathy_; May 28th, 2014 at 01:27 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My owner's manual does not have it so I don't know what to instruct the non-casa place for PMS? I trust Toyota Pasig naman. I normally leave my car there for days at a time. Even the money I leave in the cabin hindi nababawasan. It's just that I find 6.5k for PMS too much. Pamahal ng pamahal

I checked my 30k PMS receipt and it cost me almost P8k pala! Can I remove the engine flush and fuel treatment na? If I buy just the oil (2.5k) Spark Plug (400) and oil filter (315), I will spend 3.2k lang on parts and probably 4k including non casa labor?

Do I really need the engine flush and fuel system? Can I ask casa not to include that na lang? And just the 4 selected below?

so i guess that means, if i do not know what needs to be done, or do not have the time to them in, i am probably well off sticking to casa service.. and unfortunately, most car owners fall into this category. no offense to you guys. knowing cars is like going to church.. you actually pray, or you can go thru the motions..

cars are fun! just remember who's the boss.

BTW, Are the Toyota Oil, Spark Plugs and Oil filter cheaper if I buy it outside casa? If so, where?

i always decline the engine flush and fuel treatment.
    you will save a lot if you buy your sparking plugs, oil and filters, outside. (is that real?! 4 plugs for 379... mebbe they meant to charge you with 379 x 4...)
    why do you have two different entries in your wiper blade? and i use refill blades. 200/pair.
    washer fluid? i use water! and contrary to what others may allege, i don't see the difference.
    gas station labor is less than 1k.
    at least, you didn't get charged 32 kesos for the basahans they allegedly use to clean the brake pads with.. (or did they bury it under miscellaneous?)
    where to buy the consumables and replacements? i'm not very picky.. i just ask the gas station mechanic what they have on the shelf.

i could have had all these done off-casa, at less then 4K..

the difficulty with having pms outside the casa, is i have to itemize to the mechanic, exactly what it is i want him to do. with so many makes of cars the poor fellow has to service, i can not and do not expect him to know the nuances of each make..
    and looking thru their inspection list, most of these we unconsciously do everyday.. or we ought to do regularly in the home garage.. i mean, looking for busted lights and stuff... you'd have to be severely spoiled if you don't do these things..
    Last edited by dr. d; May 28th, 2014 at 10:31 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i always decline the engine flush and fuel treatment.
    you will save a lot if you buy your sparking plugs, oil and filters, outside. (is that real?! 4 plugs for 379... mebbe they meant to charge you with 379 x 4...)
    why do you have two different entries in your wiper blade? and i use refill blades. 200/pair.
    washer fluid? i use water! and contrary to what others may allege, i don't see the difference.
    gas station labor is less than 1k.
    at least, you didn't get charged 32 kesos for the basahans they allegedly use to clean the brake pads with.. (or did they bury it under miscellaneous?)
    where to buy the consumables and replacements? i'm not very picky.. i just ask the gas station mechanic what they have on the shelf.

i could have had all these done off-casa, at less then 4K..

the difficulty with having pms outside the casa, is i have to itemize to the mechanic, exactly what it is i want him to do. with so many makes of cars the poor fellow has to service, i can not and do not expect him to know the nuances of each make..
    and looking thru their inspection list, most of these we unconsciously do everyday.. or we ought to do regularly in the home garage.. i mean, looking for busted lights...
    Glad I got your reply on time! I asked my service advisor to do away with the Engine Flush and Treatment and he agreed naman. At least I get to save P1k that way. Also, what is the gasket drain plug? Do you they really need to change that every single time? I don't remember buying that for my AE101 PMS.

The spark plug is really P379 for 4. The blades are refills, I don't know why it's not the same price. Maybe either left or right is more expensive? They gave me back the old rubber naman. Casa labor is P1332.80. For that 30k PMS, it cost me P7792.80 I really hope my 35k PMS will stay within their estimate of P6.5k

For my 40k PMS, I'll have it done outside the casa na lang.

I hope I can get inputs on where I can buy Toyota oil, spark plugs, oil filter and air filter at a good price
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 28th, 2014 at 10:44 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    All drain plugs have gaskets in which all casas replace every oil change, but for me since hindi na ako nagpapa oil change sa casa, I have not replaced it for years already, okay naman. Hindi naman kasi basta-basta nasisira ang gasket sa drain plug.

I believe the wiper blades refill have different prices since your wiper blades have a different size also, the driver side being longer than the passenger side.

As for your oil, oil filter, spark plugs and air filter, hindi naman necessary sa casa talaga ikaw bibili. I am sure the auto supplies also have it, you just need to specify your engine with them and I am sure they can provide you with so many options as to what brand they have, as to OEM or replacements.

No need for engine flush kung malinis naman ang engine mo (without sludge) and no need too sa oil treatment if you use quality oils (not necessarily toyota rebadged oils). HTH

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    All drain plugs have gaskets in which all casas replace every oil change, but for me since hindi na ako nagpapa oil change sa casa, I have not replaced it for years already, okay naman. Hindi naman kasi basta-basta nasisira ang gasket sa drain plug.

I believe the wiper blades refill have different prices since your wiper blades have a different size also, the driver side being longer than the passenger side.

As for your oil, oil filter, spark plugs and air filter, hindi naman necessary sa casa talaga ikaw bibili. I am sure the auto supplies also have it, you just need to specify your engine with them and I am sure they can provide you with so many options as to what brand they have, as to OEM or replacements.

No need for engine flush kung malinis naman ang engine mo (without sludge) and no need too sa oil treatment if you use quality oils (not necessarily toyota rebadged oils). HTH
    Thanks! I got good savings from doing away with the engine flush and treatment

*cb I checked out Liqui moly on Amazon and it would cost me only P1700 for 5 liters. This is much cheaper than casa's P2.5k for 4 litres! Can I store oil for a long time? I might receive the oil in October and use it after 4 mos pa.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Not quite sure but I guess walang expiration Ang motor oils. Wala ako nakikita na expiration date stamped Sa containers nila. Just make sure that they are stored properly (avoid contamination)

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]