New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 221 of 357 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^ Unfortunately the 2.0L CVT seems to be quite rare but so far, i have not heard of any problems. How about the previous gen Lancer CVT? Any reported issues?
    Ah I see. No news is good news, I guess. So far, the only issues I've heard are from the previous Gen City/Jazz. Not much on the other CVTs. I'm supposing the other manufacturers did their homework. Subaru's also using CVT, if i'm not mistaken.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ So i'd assume that with Subbie, Toyota and Nissan going for CVTs, the technology is more promising and should eventually be more reliable.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    What do you usually ask your SA during or after PMS checkup (e.g. battery, tires, aircon?) ? Will be having my 25K checkup this week probably in Toyota Makati or Bicutan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamoyman View Post
    What do you usually ask your SA during or after PMS checkup (e.g. battery, tires, aircon?) ? Will be having my 25K checkup this week probably in Toyota Makati or Bicutan.
    Ask first what their routine is: what parts are usually replaced, etc. That way you have an idea if may sinisingit sila extra sa PMS bill slip mo. Then if you're not knowledgeable on your car, ask for its condition: how's my battery voltage, how's the tire treads, any part that needs my heightened attention?, etc.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ So i'd assume that with Subbie, Toyota and Nissan going for CVTs, the technology is more promising and should eventually be more reliable.
    I certainly hope so, bro. No news is good news. Unless you've got an inside track on some problems that Toyota is not divulging to the public.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Hi Tanong ko lang po yung toyota altis 1.8g 2005 model Automatic Transmission ok po ba hindi po ba matakaw sa gas? hindi kasi ako makapag post ng new thread eh. comment naman po kasi im planning to buy yung mileage nya asa 60k+

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mcar View Post
    Hi Tanong ko lang po yung toyota altis 1.8g 2005 model Automatic Transmission ok po ba hindi po ba matakaw sa gas? hindi kasi ako makapag post ng new thread eh. comment naman po kasi im planning to buy yung mileage nya asa 60k+
    there are many internet addresses that publish car reviews of various brands and year models. many of them are local. i suggest you "let your fingers do the walking". i-google mo lang po. you may be surprised at the variety. i was.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Guys,

I've been experiencing this lately: RPM going too low that engine trembles. It mostly happens after braking to a full stop and occurs for 1-2 secs. The thing is, it happens intermittently. What could be the cause of this? Does it need idling adjustment?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ Try cleaning the MAF sensor first, perhaps? Or check the IACV/AAC (the part that controls the idle)? Seems to be related to something that regulates or controls the idle. Is it consistent with the A/C on and off? Have you changed spark plugs recently?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    ^ Try cleaning the MAF sensor first, perhaps? Or check the IACV/AAC (the part that controls the idle)? Seems to be related to something that regulates or controls the idle. Is it consistent with the A/C on and off? Have you changed spark plugs recently?
    Thanks Vinj for the reply. I'm actually clueless about that MAF sensor. Does it need regular cleaning? I'll research about it then and check it tomorrow. About the IACV/AAC, that's my main guess also. Maybe the idling is too low?

I noticed that it's more consistent when the A/C is off. But nonetheless, I also experience it when turned on specially on heavy traffic. Spark plugs were changed 2 PMS's ago (10,000kms).
    Last edited by kafph2000; January 10th, 2014 at 10:10 AM.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]