New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 352 of 357 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    1-2 weeks so they have enough time to find buyer for your parts and replace them ...

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    ito cathy ...screenshot_2023-03-23-04-53-28-977_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    Cathy yung steering wheel na lang muna pagawa mo sa Seatmate. Genuine leather. Ginagawa nila yan while you wait. Ginawa nila dati ung lovelife Corolla ko, maganda at hindi nasira after many years until sold. German leather yata ginamit. Buhay pa si Mang Rommel nun.
    Rommel din pangalan ng owner... Buhay pa siya (if we are talking about the same person).

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Thought that happened only to Toyota Camrys ... some people were able to have it replaced even years after warranty ...
    03-09 Toyota/Lexus experimented w/ new dash material. Replacements were covered under warranty up til 2017 in North America.
    There also was another wave of warranty extension covering more recent models.screenshot_20230323_092611_drive.jpgscreenshot_20230323_093240_drive.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Ask for the synthetic leather option. I think meron naman sila.

Or you can inquire at seat tailors and MG square. The quality is at par with seatmate. Magkakapatid yan but their price points differ a bit.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Thanks for the recommendations. I contacted them already. Medyo malayo the branches of MG but seat tailors (Metro Walk) is okay

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    yes it is that easy
    i can baklas mine in less than 10 minutes, re installing will take less than that

Sent from my 22021211RG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    How could this take 10 minutes? Coventry ang quote sakin P12k and one week, Seatmate P18.5k 2 weeks

Baka ganyan ginagawa nila kaya ang tagal???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Qq...AutoSeatCovers

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Ibabaw na cover lang yan nung dashboard.. not the whole assembly
    Yung mga mahal kasi binababa assembly?

Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    Cathy yung steering wheel na lang muna pagawa mo sa Seatmate. Genuine leather. Ginagawa nila yan while you wait. Ginawa nila dati ung lovelife Corolla ko, maganda at hindi nasira after many years until sold. German leather yata ginamit. Buhay pa si Mang Rommel nun.
    Yes for the steering wheel I will go to seatmate. Napapansin ko may wear na din yung sa 11th gen ko but not as bad as my 10th gen

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what makes it time-consuming, is that yours is not the only car in the shop that they are doing.
    pila-pila kayo. sa baklas... sa scrape clean... sa tabas nang pang-cover... sa application... sa curing time... sa balik nang dashboard...
    not to mention, some workers may be doing more than your car only. pa-lipat-lipat sila nang ginagawa.

but if you are the only costumer, mabilis lang yan. less than one working deigh.
    think, how long does the aircon man take to make baklas the dashboard as they tear into the evaporator...
    Yes I know marami kami but then marami din naman sa iba so why in other shops it takes 1 to 2 weeks while others can do it in one day. Masyadong malayo ang difference.

Malamang yun isa kasi buong dashboard baklas (watch the video I posted) while yung iba sa ibabaw lang. So bakit yung iba kailangan baklasin like in the video

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Saw this sa Altis Club FB

Ganyan ba na baklas in 3 hrs matatapos including pag reupholster?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

Yes I know marami kami but then marami din naman sa iba so why in other shops it takes 1 to 2 weeks while others can do it in one day. Masyadong malayo ang difference.

Malamang yun isa kasi buong dashboard baklas (watch the video I posted) while yung iba sa ibabaw lang. So bakit yung iba kailangan baklasin like in the video
    then have it done in the shop that promised a shorter work time.
    if the shop promised X days, then you can raise hell if they do not finish it in X days.

i have timed my aircon mechanic, as he worked on the aircon.
    it takes less than half an hour, to go from "ibabaw lang" to "full-baklas-labas-nang-kotse" mode.

what is the difference between scotty and geordi?
    scotty doubles the estimated repair time, and that is what he quotes to the cap'n.
    geordi reports the true estimated repair time to the cap'n.
    guess who's the miracle worker.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    then have it done in the shop that promised a shorter work time.
    if the shop promised X days, then you can raise hell if they do not finish it in X days.

i have timed my aircon mechanic, as he worked on the aircon.
    it takes less than half an hour, to go from "ibabaw lang" to "full-baklas-labas-nang-kotse" mode.

what is the difference between scotty and geordi?
    scotty doubles the estimated repair time, and that is what he quotes to the cap'n.
    geordi reports the true estimated repair time to the cap'n.
    guess who's the miracle worker.
    Nope. Shorter doesn't always mean better. I am asking here bakit yung iba 1 week compared to 1 day. MOST PROBABLY those that estimated 1 week baklas talaga buong dash like the video I attached (if you bothered to watch to understand my question) or talaga bang pare pareho lang lahat na ganyan baklas. I highly doubt kaya nila gawin like in the video baklas, tanggal old upholstery, install new upholstery at kabit dash

I wanna know yung 3 hrs ba may way ba na upper part lang ng dash ang tinanggal

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Nope. Shorter doesn't always mean better. I am asking here bakit yung iba 1 week compared to 1 day. MOST PROBABLY those that estimated 1 week baklas talaga buong dash like the video I attached (if you bothered to watch to understand my question) or talaga bang pare pareho lang lahat na ganyan baklas. I highly doubt kaya nila gawin like in the video baklas, tanggal old upholstery, install new upholstery at kabit dash

I wanna know yung 3 hrs ba may way ba na upper part lang ng dash ang tinanggal

scotty and geordi.
    obviously, you did not get the gist: "it is safer for one's reputation, to over-estimate".

that video in post # 3515?
    that's not a video. that's a four-minute presentation of several dozen still pictures on how to re-install a dashboard. notice that the worker did not even change his clothes from start to finish, and the background lighting did not change sufficiently. that means he probably did it all within one regular daytime, finishing well before nightfall.
    i had the same baklas dashboard-baba-kotse works done on my car. watching them like a chicken, from tanggal to re-kabit, it took less than 4 hours, including the servicing of the evaporator.
    i even brought down my altis's center console by myself, in less than 30 minutes. what more for one who routinely does these things on a daily basis?
    even ninja says it takes him but a few minutes to bring down his dashboard. as i very vaguely recall, it took less than 24 hours to re-surface the dashboard... certainly not three days. he reported it here, some time back.

i think the bottom line question is,
    "it's not how fast it can be done; it's how fast the shop wants to do it for you".
    and these guys probably have previous experience, thus quoting what appears, to me even, a gross over-estimation.
    even then, i'm not one to bring my car to a shop who estimated a 1-2 week job, leave my car there, and announce, "you have eight hours!" .
    Last edited by dr. d; April 2nd, 2023 at 10:12 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    mechanics usually want a bit of contingency time just in case there is a situation like a threaded screw or bolt or whatever so they sandbag their timelines

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]