New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 322 of 357 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,220 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.609 View Post
    Thank you so much sir! :nod

I had purchased a 1.6 g a/t 2002 altis. I had done this and will just replace all the fluids this week or next week.

what atf fluid and coolant do you recommend using? unfortunately the owner "lost" the owner's manual so I don't have any idea what type of fluids am I supposed to buy
    Welcome sir! For the ATF, use Toyota Type IV, and sa coolant, Toyota Long Life Coolant for the 2002 Altis.

The Toyota coolant is already pre-mixed, so you can pour it directly to the radiator and the coolant reservoir without mixing with distilled water. You may need 2 liters for a complete drain and fill.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    no such thing as ATF "never needs replacing" ginagaya lang nila BMW na "lifetime" fluid daw. correct na you replaced the ATF but personally I would be more comfortable replacing it between 40-60kms for peace of mind.
    Definitely agree sir. When I got the car (pre owned) at 40,000 kms, I requested for ATF change the first time I had it serviced. However, the SA told me that it was not necessary. Kahit sa mga sumunod na PMS, hindi daw recommended palitan, kaya naisip ko na din once it reaches 100, I'll have it replaced. Nung pinapalitan ko na at 100,000 kms, the fluid was still pretty clear, but I was more confident after the ATF replacement.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    Welcome sir! For the ATF, use Toyota Type IV, and sa coolant, Toyota Long Life Coolant for the 2002 Altis.

The Toyota coolant is already pre-mixed, so you can pour it directly to the radiator and the coolant reservoir without mixing with distilled water. You may need 2 liters for a complete drain and fill.
    complete drain, including engine block bro almost 4 liters

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    Definitely agree sir. When I got the car (pre owned) at 40,000 kms, I requested for ATF change the first time I had it serviced. However, the SA told me that it was not necessary. Kahit sa mga sumunod na PMS, hindi daw recommended palitan, kaya naisip ko na din once it reaches 100, I'll have it replaced. Nung pinapalitan ko na at 100,000 kms, the fluid was still pretty clear, but I was more confident after the ATF replacement.
    wala kasi naman combustion sa transmission, kaya clear talaga lalabas. pero kung mapa test mo yun oil, im sure may mga metal shavings yan

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    wala kasi naman combustion sa transmission, kaya clear talaga lalabas. pero kung mapa test mo yun oil, im sure may mga metal shavings yan
    Agree sir, shavings from the metal parts of the transmission.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry I meant 2 bottles of 2 liter Toyota coolant.

Thanks for the clarification!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    4 Quarts ata yan, or 3.78Liters. sana hindi overfilled

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    4 Quarts ata yan, or 3.78Liters. sana hindi overfilled
    yup may tira naman mga 1/2 - 1/3 nun bottle bro rightafter
    btw bro baka mapadaan ka sa.wheel alignment thread, nakuha ko na.model nun hunter sa shell c5
    Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Guys question. Mayroon na bang nagpa warranty ng "melting dashboard" nila? Sa akin is 1.6V natutunaw yung dashboard. Alam ko may recall sa US. May nakapag claim na ba dito sa Philippines?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rossph View Post
    Guys question. Mayroon na bang nagpa warranty ng "melting dashboard" nila? Sa akin is 1.6V natutunaw yung dashboard. Alam ko may recall sa US. May nakapag claim na ba dito sa Philippines?
    Yup, had mine replaced by Toyota Cubao last July 2017. Sent them an email with the photos, requesting for dashboard replacement.

Nakakapagtaka lang na humihingi sila nh records ng auto, dapat daw casa maintained, no connection naman yun sa defective material ng dashboard.

It was approved after 2 months, then they advised me to proceed to the dealer. Took them 1 day to replace.

Old melting dashboard

damaged-dash-2.jpg
    damaged-dash-1.jpg

New dashboard

new-dash-1.jpg
    new-dash-5.jpg

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]