New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 261 of 357 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    Anybody here who experienced their ALTIS not starting? I experienced it this morning and it's kind of weird, parang walang redondo, tried it I think more than 5 times, the lights are flickering in the cabin. I tried it again a couple of times and until such time na parang na discharge na battery, afterwards dun pa nag start. the MID reading was reset, except the radio.

Went to casa afterwards to have it checked, but unfortunately the problem was gone or should I say the car would start in just one click. Hayyyyyyyyyy ano kaya problem nito? Anybody here who has experienced the same thing and what was the real problem and solution would be greatly appreciated. TIA

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anybody here who experienced their ALTIS not starting? I experienced it this morning and it's kind of weird, parang walang redondo, tried it I think more than 5 times, the lights are flickering in the cabin. I tried it again a couple of times and until such time na parang na discharge na battery, afterwards dun pa nag start. the MID reading was reset, except the radio.

Went to casa afterwards to have it checked, but unfortunately the problem was gone or should I say the car would start in just one click. Hayyyyyyyyyy ano kaya problem nito? Anybody here who has experienced the same thing and what was the real problem and solution would be greatly appreciated. TIA
    did you check for loose battery terminals?

did you check for loose battery terminals?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Battery terminals are properly connected and no corrosion or whatsoever, that is the first thing that I've checked. Thanks for the reply by the way, I hope that problem is nothing too serious. I am just worried that it might happen again, worst is it might happen anywhere.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

suspect the starter solenoid.
    unfortunately, the only way to check it is to bring it down.

if it recurs, you can try push-starting the car (if MT). if it starts, it's the starter system.

suspect the starter solenoid.
    unfortunately, the only way to check it is to bring it down.

if it recurs, you can try push-starting the car (if MT). if it starts, it's the starter system.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I've done some googling and possible causes are MAF, Solenoid starter( just like what dr. d mentioned), and battery. I have my car checked at casa unfortunately the technicians suspected that the cause is the low voltage of the battery, in which I doubt that it is the culprit. Although I must admit that most likely the voltage of the battery is a bit low due to very short distance travel from home to work, 3km more or less, plus the fact that I use it 3x a week max.

Anyways, I just hope it won't happen again. I have been thinking of selling this wherein it seems like its already giving signs....hehehe...Nah...sayang ang pera I am sure this baby can still go a long way and I really love the very comfortable ride of the altis, considering it has only traveled 21K KM in over 4 years.

Thanks for all the reply by the way. Safe driving everybody.

OT: This new POPUP advertisement is very annoying.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^When i encountered a problem like that, it was a weak battery and it happened to me Christmas eve last year. Could have saved some hassles had i heeded the warning signs. How old is your battery? If it's over two years and you're using the stock batteries that came with the car brand new, it may be time to change.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^When i encountered a problem like that, it was a weak battery and it happened to me Christmas eve last year. Could have saved some hassles had i heeded the warning signs. How old is your battery? If it's over two years and you're using the stock batteries that came with the car brand new, it may be time to change.
    Thanks Vinj, yeah I think its already 2 years old and it's the 2nd battery since I got my ride. I surely hope that it's just the battery and nothing too serious.

Thanks Vinj, yeah I think its already 2 years old and it's the 2nd battery since I got my ride. I surely hope that it's just the battery and nothing too serious.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Dami palang possible causes...hehehe...

COMMON CAUSES OF NO-CRANK NO-START

-Low battery (Check battery voltage, recharge if low, or jump start with another vehicle or battery charger).
    -Loose or corroded battery cables (Inspect, clean and tighten BOTH ends of BOTH battery cables).
    -Bad starter relay wiring connections or ground connection (Inspect, clean, tighten wiring connections).
    -Bad starter relay/solenoid (Check for voltage at relay, if relay has voltage but there is no "click" when key is turned to start, replace relay).
    -Bad starter (Jump battery voltage direct to starter to see if it spins, or remove starter and have it bench tested at auto parts store).
    -Damaged starter drive or teeth on flywheel (Remove starter and inspect drive gear and flywheel teeth, replace damaged parts if necessary).
    -Bad ignition switch (Check to see if voltage reaches starter relay/solenoid when turn to start. If not, check for open P/N switch and brake or clutch pedal switch. Replace ignition switch if defective).
    -Open P/N safety switch, or open Brake Pedal Safety Switch (automatic transmission) or open Clutch Pedal Switch (manual transmission). Bypass switch with jumper wire to see if engine cranks, or use test light or -voltmeter to check for voltage passing through switch when ignition is turned to start.
    -Engine seized due to bearing failure or internal damage (Use socket and long handle to see if engine can be turned by hand, if not engine is locked up).
    -Engine hydrolocked due to coolant leak from leaky head gasket (Use socket and wrench to see if engine rotates, remove spark plugs and see if coolant comes out or engine can not be cranked with plugs out).

8. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Hello good evening. Fishing for comments lang sana about a good audio set up? We just bought an Altis 2008 G. Parang I haven't seen any USB Ports or Aux ports. I'd like to connect my phone sana. And kahit papano ma upgrade yung sound quality. I've tried browsing doon sa thread about sound systems pero I don't understand anything kasi since I don't know anything about it yet. If you could give me ideas I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by akopalasiJoan View Post
    Hello good evening. Fishing for comments lang sana about a good audio set up? We just bought an Altis 2008 G. Parang I haven't seen any USB Ports or Aux ports. I'd like to connect my phone sana. And kahit papano ma upgrade yung sound quality. I've tried browsing doon sa thread about sound systems pero I don't understand anything kasi since I don't know anything about it yet. If you could give me ideas I'd be very grateful. Thanks.
    Best place to start is to upgrade your headunit (HU). You'll need the proper spacer and custom panel to fit a.standard 2-DIN HU. After that, match it with better speakers or seps and an amplifier.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    The common issue is the rack and pinion, and possibly busted/weak shock absorbers. If you unit is still under warranty then have it replaced as that part costs 24K out of the CASA (and around 18K in Banawe for brand new original). Surplus is around 8K including installation but you wont be sure how long it will last. Try another dealer beside TQA as i hear not-so-good stories before about their service. I personally went to Toyota North EDSA and Shaw before and was satisfied with their service.

In the case of my 2012 GEn 10.5, the problem came out after 50,000kms. As i was out of warranty, i decided to try first a surplus unit. It got lessened (particularly the tok sound when turning) but the light "thug" sound on uneven pavement went away completely when i changed to new KYB gas shocks.

Sold my unit just last week and the new owner found the suspension to be very solid when he tested it, as compared to the other Gen 10.5's they checked out (with even lower mileage).
    hi sir saan shop nyo po dinala? para dun ko na din po ipagawa.. and how much po yun KYB gas shocks?

thanks

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]