New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 256 of 357 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    This true sir. Generally all 4 tires should be road worthy but that is not always the case in real life situations. Most owners will buy 2 tires at a time when that happens you have 2 of your tires new and the other 2 old. Question here is where should you best put your 2 new tires? To the front or at the rear?
    For me rear, follow the experts nalang lalo na rainy season. This advice covers all kinds of vehicles, whether front, rear, awd or 4x4 capable.

Most likely scenarios:
    Front wheels are turned pero dumi direcho kasi madulas. Understeer.

Rear wheels lumiliko kahit gusto dumirecho Oversteer. Sa sobrang liko pwede ka umikot.

Mas madali i control ang understeer all day.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    For me rear, follow the experts nalang lalo na rainy season. This advice covers all kinds of vehicles, whether front, rear, awd or 4x4 capable.

Most likely scenarios:
    Front wheels are turned pero dumi direcho kasi madulas. Understeer.

Rear wheels lumiliko kahit gusto dumirecho Oversteer. Sa sobrang liko pwede ka umikot.

Mas madali i control ang understeer all day.
    Maybe sir but in my experience as i had a accident long ago. My right rear tire took off from my car. D naayos nun nag vulcanize yun pagkabit and i was running like 80kms i did not spin coz i had control of my steering but only swerved until i stopped. And once also my front left tire blew out on me and boy the steering was heavy and hard to control the car lucky that i was only going about 50kms that time. So with that experience in hand. It's better to blow a rear tire than a front tire sir.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Maybe sir but in my experience as i had a accident long ago. My right rear tire took off from my car. D naayos nun nag vulcanize yun pagkabit and i was running like 80kms i did not spin coz i had control of my steering but only swerved until i stopped. And once also my front left tire blew out on me and boy the steering was heavy and hard to control the car lucky that i was only going about 50kms that time. So with that experience in hand. It's better to blow a rear tire than a front tire sir.
    Nako sir ung blowouts e mejo unpredictable talaga yan. Lucky you.

Pero what im saying on the other side is exactly like your 2nd accident. You still have control somewhat kasi na i-i steer ang front e. Pag nag skid yung rear fishtailing na yun. Mas ala kang control dun.

Havent tried it personally though. Ayaw ko kasi ng pabalik balik so ipon then palit 4 na gulong.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Nako sir ung blowouts e mejo unpredictable talaga yan. Lucky you.

Pero what im saying on the other side is exactly like your 2nd accident. You still have control somewhat kasi na i-i steer ang front e. Pag nag skid yung rear fishtailing na yun. Mas ala kang control dun.

Havent tried it personally though. Ayaw ko kasi ng pabalik balik so ipon then palit 4 na gulong.
    How can you control sir kung ang may problema is yun steering po? Mas mahirap po control kung front kesa rear. Yan po na experience ko sir. While the rear only follow thru sa direction nang front unless may skid effect because of slippery roads. Unless po kasi ma experience nyo sir d nyo malalaman yun difference between a front blow out at rear blow out po. Sa front po kasi heavy steering na while a likod you won't even feel you lost a wheel agad like sa front ramdam nyo agad iba na takbo nang kotse.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    How can you control sir kung ang may problema is yun steering po? Mas mahirap po control kung front kesa rear. Yan po na experience ko sir. While the rear only follow thru sa direction nang front unless may skid effect because of slippery roads. Unless po kasi ma experience nyo sir d nyo malalaman yun difference between a front blow out at rear blow out po. Sa front po kasi heavy steering na while a likod you won't even feel you lost a wheel agad like sa front ramdam nyo agad iba na takbo nang kotse.
    Sir diko naman kayo pini pilit. Nagtanong po kayo, nagbigay ako ng expert opinion (from michelin) a few posts back that I agree with, and that is rear daw. You can watch youtube din.. napanuod ko na kasi. I mentioned skidding, and I also mentioned rainy season earlier. Ayaw ko ma experience yung na experience nyo, so susundin ko ang opinion ni tire maker. I guess we can agree to disagree and move on...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Sir diko naman kayo pini pilit. Nagtanong po kayo, nagbigay ako ng expert opinion (from michelin) a few posts back that I agree with, and that is rear daw. You can watch youtube din.. napanuod ko na kasi. I mentioned skidding, and I also mentioned rainy season earlier. Ayaw ko ma experience yung na experience nyo, so susundin ko ang opinion ni tire maker. I guess we can agree to disagree and move on...
    Yes sir i'm just explaining my experience to you sir and not implying that you have that experience too. I understand your position. Hope there's no harm done sir. Thank you!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Sirs, pansin ko na medyo matigas na yung clutch pedal ko. Nangangawit tuloy left leg ko kapag babad sa traffic. Paano po ba ma adjust o maayos yung clutch pedal?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocoy_g View Post
    Sirs, pansin ko na medyo matigas na yung clutch pedal ko. Nangangawit tuloy left leg ko kapag babad sa traffic. Paano po ba ma adjust o maayos yung clutch pedal?
    wear and tear po.
    replacing "worn components" inside the transmission housing, will probably revert the lightness and smoothness of the pedal to as brand new.
    but it won't be cheap. labor alone, to open 'er up, is already expensive.

but try to see if the pedal needs lubrication first, before thinking of the trans. it might do enough to soften up the pedal.

if the car uses a clutch cable, replacing it with a new one may soften the pedal.
    but if the car uses hydraulics for the clutch, as i suspect toyota does, pedal lubrication and transmission components replacement lang ang choices, po.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 20th, 2015 at 09:51 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Most likely you have to replace your clutch set. If its still original. Worn out pressure plate,clutch disc and release bearing. But first try to bleed your system before going to the transmission.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Usually that's the issue with Toyota Corollas and the Vios. In our case, we replaced the clutch to aftermarket AISIN (which is an OEM supplier for Jap brands), and the clutch would be much lighter than the original clutch.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]