New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 255 of 357 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub View Post
    Baligtad bro new tires dapat sa rear.
    it depends on the age of the literature that you read.
    heh heh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

heh heh.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Fyi michelin NA suggests you put the 2 new tyres sa rear.

Ang harap macocontrol mo pa rin kahit papano pero pag nag skid ang likod.. well you do get the idea.

Ideally 4 na bago, then rotate daw ng pa ekis front-rear left-right para pantay. Kung uni or bi directional ang tyres mo.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    Don't forget that the new tires should be used at the front sir. Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued] sa shocks po if you like try to search the no.of chuan lam. It's located sa bagac st. Tondo parallel lang po sa j.abad santos. They are the distributor of KYB shocks here.
    Okay sir. Will do. Malapit nadin ako mag PMS so I'll have it double check nalang din sa SA ng Casa.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    heh heh.

heh heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post

Ang harap macocontrol mo pa rin kahit papano pero pag nag skid ang likod.. well you do get the idea.

Ideally 4 na bago, then rotate daw ng pa ekis front-rear left-right para pantay. Kung uni or bi directional ang tyres mo.
    Sa harap ko siya pinalagay for now. I'll buy two more in a week or two para lahat palit na. Do you guys also include yun spare tire sa rotation since same lang naman sila ng stock?

Don't forget that the new tires should be used at the front sir. Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued] sa shocks po if you like try to search the no.of chuan lam. It's located sa bagac st. Tondo parallel lang po sa j.abad santos. They are the distributor of KYB shocks here.
    Okay sir. Will do. Malapit nadin ako mag PMS so I'll have it double check nalang din sa SA ng Casa.

heh heh.

heh heh.
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post

Sa harap ko siya pinalagay for now. I'll buy two more in a week or two para lahat palit na. Do you guys also include yun spare tire sa rotation since same lang naman sila ng stock?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Ako po sa front sir. Put your best foot forward. Pag nag fail po yun tire sa front mas delikado lalo na during high speed runs kesa yun rear tire ang sumabog sir.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamoyman View Post

Yes sir i include the spare in rotating my tires every 10k if possible or at the least sa 20k. Sayang kasi kung mag expire na lang yun spare nang halos hindi nagamit.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Ako po sa front sir. Put your best foot forward. Pag nag fail po yun tire sa front mas delikado lalo na during high speed runs kesa yun rear tire ang sumabog sir.
    Eto din logic na sinabi sa akin ng tatay ko.
    Anung logic jasonub bakit sa rear dapat?
    Thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Thanks
    ang sabi nila, pag sumabog daw o nawalan ng grip ang rear tire, mas mahirap i control.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dos2 View Post
    Thanks
    ang sabi nila, pag sumabog daw o nawalan ng grip ang rear tire, mas mahirap i control.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    rear tires act like the feathers in darts or the fins of bombs and missiles. they keep the projectile (the car) pointed toward the direction of movement. this gives the driver some semblance of control.
    the tendency of drivers attempting to control their cars, is to put on the brakes. and if the front tires have good tread and the rear tires are bald, putting on the brakes may result in the rear skidding to the side and will then try to outrun the front end.
    remember that old adage...? "to regain control of the car, point the front tires in the direction of the skid." well, the assumption of that statement, is that the rear end will remain in the rear, and will not try to outrun the front.

once the rear wheels start skidding (to the side), it is difficult to regain control of the car.

remember also, that in today's cars, more of the car weight is on the front tires and less on the rear.. this makes the rear more likely to skid..

i actually experienced this..
    driving down an underpass one rainy night, there was this stalled vehicle at the bottom. wala siya EWD.. when i saw it, i panic-braked. i got lucky, as my car stopped a yard before i hit it. (wala pa ABS noon..) but i noticed, after i had stopped, that my rear end was already about a foot or two, to the right of my long axis.. and all my tires were in good condition.. what if..

bottomline... have all your tires in good condition.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 15th, 2015 at 04:42 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    rear tires act like the feathers in darts or the fins of bombs and missiles. they keep the projectile (the car) pointed toward the direction of movement. this gives the driver some semblance of control.
    the tendency of drivers attempting to control their cars, is to put on the brakes. and if the front tires have good tread and the rear tires are bald, putting on the brakes may result in the rear skidding to the side and will then try to outrun the front end.
    remember that old adage...? "to regain control of the car, point the front tires in the direction of the skid." well, the assumption of that statement, is that the rear end will remain in the rear, and will not try to outrun the front.

once the rear wheels start skidding (to the side), it is difficult to regain control of the car.

remember also, that in today's cars, more of the car weight is on the front tires and less on the rear.. this makes the rear more likely to skid..

i actually experienced this..
    driving down an underpass one rainy night, there was this stalled vehicle at the bottom. wala siya EWD.. when i saw it, i panic-braked. i got lucky, as my car stopped a yard before i hit it. (wala pa ABS noon..) but i noticed, after i had stopped, that my rear end was already about a foot or two, to the right of my long axis.. and all my tires were in good condition.. what if..

bottomline... have all your tires in good condition.
    This true sir. Generally all 4 tires should be road worthy but that is not always the case in real life situations. Most owners will buy 2 tires at a time when that happens you have 2 of your tires new and the other 2 old. Question here is where should you best put your 2 new tires? To the front or at the rear?

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]