New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 252 of 357 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254255256262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well, yes.. i must agree. i am relieved it was not me..
    it is really safer to go to the gas station, especially if owner does not know how to change a flat tire.
    but it does have a price.. about 3K.. for a new tire. i wonder.. did the mag survive?

.. reminds me of my experience many years ago.. i had to answer this emergency phone call while i was driving along edsa near magallanes.. that stretch is quite wide..i pulled over to the side..
    pues, i still got sideswiped! by a brand new adventure whose driver was racing with another brand new adventure.. they were both being delivered to the casa..
    i pity the buyer of that unit..

but i am curious... what caused the flat? .. must have been big, as TS could hear the hissing sound..

i myself had a flat at slex.. the tire had no hole at all. what gave way, was the pito! it was nowhere to be found! and it was noontime.. and i had two slaves with me, to replace the tire.
    heh heh.
    anyone can have a flat tire while driving.
    SLEX naman yun, you could have waited or called (kung may number ka) ng SLEX patrol.
    pero since you are at it, better carry around a portable air compressor around.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

it is really safer to go to the gas station, especially if owner does not know how to change a flat tire.
    but it does have a price.. about 3K.. for a new tire. i wonder.. did the mag survive?

.. reminds me of my experience many years ago.. i had to answer this emergency phone call while i was driving along edsa near magallanes.. that stretch is quite wide..i pulled over to the side..
    pues, i still got sideswiped! by a brand new adventure whose driver was racing with another brand new adventure.. they were both being delivered to the casa..

but i am curious... what caused the flat? .. must have been big, as TS could hear the hissing sound..

i myself had a flat at slex.. the tire had no hole at all. what gave way, was the pito! it was nowhere to be found! and it was noontime.. and i had two slaves with me, to replace the tire.
    heh heh.
    SLEX naman yun, you could have waited or called (kung may number ka) ng SLEX patrol.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    Bridgestone are the best i've tried so far. Toyo brands are also good.When buying make sure you get the latest made one. There's a coded stamp of the date when it was manufactured on every tire. S&R is one good option to buy as they give free balancing including weights,rotation,valves,vulcanizing,nitros during the lifespan of the tires.
    Thanks sir SkyFlakes88! Will drop-by sa bridgestone alabang today. Hopefully okay pa yun mag.

.. you drove all the way to shell? that's quite a distance, for a flat tire.. kaya pala parang sliced doughnut yung gulong..

that's why, kapag na-flat ang mga puj, dun mismo sa lugar nila ginagawa.. hindi na tinatabi kung minsan.. ayaw nilang masira yung sira-sira nilang gulong o inner tube. "..puede pa yan hanggang sa isang taon.."..
    Yes sir. Pumunta muna ko sa shoulder and double check kung alin gulong nag na flat-an (sa may right-side rear). So when I confirmed na flat nga, iniisip ko na mga options ko and nakita ko mejo tanaw ko na yun shell because of the jollibee logo. So I went there nalang since di din ako marnung mag change ng tire and walang ilaw sa area.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Better to be safe. Going to a Shell station was a safe decision. But better to buy an air pump, that way when you get a flat just pump more air until you can get to a safer place to change tires.
    Ahhh. Thanks for the tip. Hindi ko siya naisip before. Ika-nga learn from your mistakes so lesson learned.

heh heh.
    Upon inspection today sir, I found a hole sa tire so most likely ito nga yun.
    unnamed.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

I'll save SLEX patrol number nadin since I don't have it. Btw, may bayad ba yun if ever puntahan ka nila and nag papalit sila ng tire?

Maraming salamat sirs! There is always a "first" talaga sa lahat ng bagay. Lesson learned to bring air compressor.
    Mabuhay po kayo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamoyman View Post
    Thanks sir SkyFlakes88! Will drop-by sa bridgestone alabang today. Hopefully okay pa yun mag.

Yes sir. Pumunta muna ko sa shoulder and double check kung alin gulong nag na flat-an (sa may right-side rear). So when I confirmed na flat nga, iniisip ko na mga options ko and nakita ko mejo tanaw ko na yun shell because of the jollibee logo. So I went there nalang since di din ako marnung mag change ng tire and walang ilaw sa area.

Ahhh. Thanks for the tip. Hindi ko siya naisip before. Ika-nga learn from your mistakes so lesson learned.

unnamed.jpg

I'll save SLEX patrol number nadin since I don't have it. Btw, may bayad ba yun if ever puntahan ka nila and nag papalit sila ng tire?

Maraming salamat sirs! There is always a "first" talaga sa lahat ng bagay. Lesson learned to bring air compressor.
    Mabuhay po kayo.
    I hope your mags survived. There will be chips and dings but i think it is ok. Just might need more lead weights to compensate the small damages when installing a new tire and it's all good to go.

Best is to learn how to change tires so you won't get stuck by the road with a just a flat tire sir.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope. walang bayad yung SLEX patrol for this..... ang gagawin lang naman nila is babantayan ka nila habang nagpapalit ka ng tire eh to avoid accidents.

however, kung makatapat ka ng sobrang bait na enforcer dyan baka tulungan ka na nila mag palit o sila na magpalit ng tire mo.

nope. walang bayad yung SLEX patrol for this..... ang gagawin lang naman nila is babantayan ka nila habang nagpapalit ka ng tire eh to avoid accidents.

however, kung makatapat ka ng sobrang bait na enforcer dyan baka tulungan ka na nila mag palit o sila na magpalit ng tire mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

unnamed.jpg

Mabuhay po kayo.
    Sayang, pwede pa sana yan tire kung pinalitan mo agad. At least as reserba

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Kakagaling ko lang ng bridgestone alabang. Quote is 6.4k un tire alone plus un weights 100 weights, alignment 2wheels 800, 1200 4 wheels. Yikess ang mahal pala. Same price lang ba ito sa lahat ng bridgestone branches?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Kakagaling ko lang ng bridgestone alabang. Quote is 6.4k un tire alone plus un weights 100 weights, alignment 2wheels 800, 1200 4 wheels. Yikess ang mahal pala. Same price lang ba ito sa lahat ng bridgestone branches?
    Yes sir mahal konti si bridgestone pero not that big. Try nyo punta alabang S&R yun Toyo brand or even dunlop meron dun. Ang alam ko po nasa 3.2 to 3.5k po price sa 195/55/15 What size po ba yun tires nyo sir?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Altis uses 195/65R15 ata. Try also checking on olx. Minsan may mga good deals. Baka makatiming ng OEM 16s.

Check the Toyo and Kumho at S&R.

^Altis uses 195/65R15 ata. Try also checking on olx. Minsan may mga good deals. Baka makatiming ng OEM 16s.

Check the Toyo and Kumho at S&R.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    I just inquired yesterday over the phone, if the size of your tire is R15 which is for the G variant, the price is only 3,900 each tire. It's at Evangelista Makati or one of the dealer of Bridgestone.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Try gomags evangelista makati. Baka maka libre ka pa sa alignment.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]