New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 248 of 357 FirstFirst ... 148198238244245246247248249250251252258298348 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamoyman View Post
    My car battery is almost 3.5 years old and haven't replaced it since SA from CASA told me it is still in good condition. When did you replace yours?
    on the third year..... although it did not die out on me, may mga symptoms na...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My car battery is almost 3.5 years old and haven't replaced it since SA from CASA told me it is still in good condition. When did you replace yours?
    on the third year..... although it did not die out on me, may mga symptoms na...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^mine kicked the bucket last December 24. Got the car in April 2012 so it was less than three years (mileage that time was around 45,000kms). If the CASA battery reading says its okay then it should be okay i guess. On my older 2007 Altis, the Outlast battery lasted almost 5 years. I changed it only because of the acid it was releasing.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

Thanks for the reply 1D4LV. Ano-anong mga symptoms yun need ko bantayan?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^mine kicked the bucket last December 24. Got the car in April 2012 so it was less than three years (mileage that time was around 45,000kms). If the CASA battery reading says its okay then it should be okay i guess. On my older 2007 Altis, the Outlast battery lasted almost 5 years. I changed it only because of the acid it was releasing.
    Ah okay. Akala ko weird na yun umabot ng 3years then okay pa. Aakyat kasi kami ng Baguio this August and baka mag ka problema sa battery. Hehe.

Ah okay. Akala ko weird na yun umabot ng 3years then okay pa. Aakyat kasi kami ng Baguio this August and baka mag ka problema sa battery. Hehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Just keep jumper cables in your ride and you'll be okay. Besides, kung mataas pa ang charge then that's good. Mine lasted not as long because nagka-contamination din yung water (dirt fell in when opened up the battery to check the water level).

Before my battery died, there was hard/weak starting and at times the electronics would malfunction (i.e the driver's window auto feature wouldnt work).

^Just keep jumper cables in your ride and you'll be okay. Besides, kung mataas pa ang charge then that's good. Mine lasted not as long because nagka-contamination din yung water (dirt fell in when opened up the battery to check the water level).

Before my battery died, there was hard/weak starting and at times the electronics would malfunction (i.e the driver's window auto feature wouldnt work).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the car is AT, i recommend you replace the battery at about now. but if you already have the requisite battery charger and you know how to use it, you can wait until the battery won't start the car. then use the charger, start the car, and drive to the battery shop.
    if MT, you can keep it until your car won't start in the morning. then push-start it, and hie over to the battery store for replacement.

or you can emulate my female colleague... she replaces the battery every 2 years, come what may.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002

yung sa akin is nag flicker yung dash lights and medyo humihina na ang headlites.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011

So far okay pa naman yun yun pag start ko ng engine and electricals niya. Thanks sa reply sir vinj!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if the car is AT, i recommend you replace the battery at about now. but if you already have the requisite battery charger and you know how to use it, you can wait until the battery won't start the car. then use the charger, start the car, and drive to the battery shop.
    if MT, you can keep it until your car won't start in the morning. then push-start it, and hie over to the battery store for replacement.

or you can emulate my female colleague... she replaces the battery every 2 years, come what may.
    Mine is MT naman. Naku mejo magastos yata yun replacement every 2 years pero mas sure yun Thanks dr. d!

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

Mine is MT naman. Naku mejo magastos yata yun replacement every 2 years pero mas sure yun Thanks dr. d!

yung sa akin is nag flicker yung dash lights and medyo humihina na ang headlites.
    Wala panaman akong na experience na mga ganyan so far. Thanks 1D4LV!

Wala panaman akong na experience na mga ganyan so far. Thanks 1D4LV!

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Hi Guys. Got myself a 2nd hand 2010 Altis 1.6G M/T, running for 71000km already. According to the seller and which he has proved with records, the unit was casa maintained every 5000km until 65000km. Planning to have the usual change oil, oil filter, spark plugs and tune-up in a couple of days. Any tips on what else I need to have checked? Thanks.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]