New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 236 of 357 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelius035 View Post
    Mga boss. may leak yung front shock absorber ng altis ko. kasama ba to sa warranty? pati totoo bang void warranty mo pag nagpaservice ka sa labas?

Salamat!
    shocks are normally considered wear and tear and are not warrantied.. but i don't think the shock should leak with less than, say, 1000 km on the odometer.. i feel we can argue this..
    and yes, your warranty may be challenged should they find out you had your car serviced outside. but then again, this can be on a case-to-case basis, depending on "what's wrong.."..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 14th, 2014 at 12:49 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kafph2000 View Post
    Hi Guys, it's good to be back and I will be needing your help as well. I still have this clunking sound on the front end of the car and it's getting worse. I already replaced ball joints, stabilizer link, and the tie rod ends but the noise remains.. I can hear it from both sides. Then nowadays, I can already feel bump steers. For example in edsa,when I go over bumpy portions, the steering wheel veers left. What could be the culprit of this? I've done my research, and my suspects are sway bar bushings and control arm bushings.. Then maybe I might need good alignment. Any ideas??

Btw, I can notice from afar that my altis seems "lowered" on the driver side (maybe because most of the time, I drive alone and all the weight is on my side). How can I get this back to normal height? Replace coil springs?
    I had this problem when I got my '10 Altis.. didn't give it a thought assuming that was normal. It was my SA who noticed it around during 15k pms and he took it in for warranty repairs. It was caused by (as I was told) the short shaft in the steering column. Problem gone to this day and no cost to me. Dealer was Toyota ValleVerde.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Any idea what is on a 3zz-fe (1.6L).. timing belt or chain? When do we change it? TIA

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 5000rpm View Post
    Does Toyota still sell brand new units of the previous gen Altis? If they still do, how much does a 1.6G matic costs?

Thank you

A friend is considering the 2013 Altis instead of the new one. I'm curious, what's a good reason to get the old over the latest model other than a much cheaper price?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Majongero View Post
    A friend is considering the 2013 Altis instead of the new one. I'm curious, what's a good reason to get the old over the latest model other than a much cheaper price?
    the engine is unchanged. so that's that.
    but there's now CVT. i have enjoyable experience with CVT in the past..
    i also seem to like the ergonomics of the newer one. it's easier to get in and out.. passenger space and seating is better.. the rear foot room is also better. and i like the new dash!
    but that's just me..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Can anyone confirm if this is the oil used for our Gen 10?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ if casa maintain... Alam ko Toyota oil gamit nila.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Mag outside casa na ko. Out of warranty na ko this year.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Can anyone confirm if this is the oil used for our Gen 10?

Yup. The API ratings are okay for either gas or diesel engines and the visco is okay for cold starts and our hot weather as well.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hi guys, san po ba nakalagay aircon filter ng 2008 model? Humina na kasi buga ng aircon namin.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]