New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 198 of 357 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    sorry but where is that A pillar ma'am?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Common problem that can easily be fixed. Mine was fixed agad 2010 1.6 G Altis ko. A pillar yung pillar sa may front windshield. Mapapansin mo lang kung maselan ka sa kalampag. You wont regret an Altis. Pero sir ilang months na lang full model change na.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Yup lalabas na ata new gen. That's why big discounts. Instead of getting a very expensive honda civic, we chose the altis as value for money.
    Naiinis ako pag nakakakita ng V variant ang ganda kasi. Kung may pandagdag lang sana. :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Teodoro View Post
    Guys, anyone na nakapag try na ng stiff ring on their altis? Curious lang if significant nga ang effect? 😳

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Stiffer springs kamo? I'm willing to bet the handling should be significantly improved. The Altis suspension is tuned for comfort; i myself am tempted to go for H&R springs (1 inch drop) but i'm wary about it since i drive out of town often and the front bumper is already prone to scraping steep driveways as-is. I may go for importing Bilstein shocks from the US when the time comes to swap my shocks though.

Quote Originally Posted by rap2_tan View Post
    Sad to know that. What did the casa say about the issue? what year model and variant do you own sir?

2012 1.6 E. The sound came out right after my 20,000km service at Toyota Shaw. They first tried the grease method but since it's coming back, we'll try to go for replacing under warranty during my next stop. The consolation is that we know where the sound is coming from (mas hassle if you still have to search for it).

Oks lang naman yung 1.6 E or G variant. Hanap ka nalang ng aftermarket rims. In my case, i found 17" OEM Toyota rims then changed my grille to the one from the 2.0L model.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Sirs, may mga naging issues po ba ang 10th gen? Finally we'll be getting a medium silver 1.6g pag ok na p.o. from the bank. Kung may konting pandagdag lang pa talaga i really wanted the V variant push start, nice mags, skirts and sensors.

Here are the issues that I have experienced so far:
    1. Rattling sound on A pillar. It was immediately fixed during the 1k check-up. I think they added some pad/styrofoam to make it a little tighter.
    2. Intermittent malfunction of the trunk release cable. Fixed during 1k and 5k check-ups. Not experienced since then. Simple adjustments were made.
    3. The 'tok' sound of the front brakes. I noticed this after my 20k check-up. I just had my 25k check-up last Wednesday. Had a bolt and rubber bushing replaced. Bolt costs 40 something, rubber bushing costs 5 something, all in all its about 100 bucks for the left and right front brakes. 2 days running so far without the 'tok' sound. But the SA warned me that this sound may come back after a week or so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Other issues with no fix yet:
    1. Front bumper. As said by Vinj, it is prone to scraping. Initially, I though it just the black flaps located in front of the wheels. But to my dismay, aside from the black flaps, my bumper has lots of scratches underneath. The good thing about it is that its not that noticeable. Just be careful when going up/down on inclines, parking on slots with wheel stoppers, etc.
    2. Aircon louvers. The 2 aircon levers on the louvers (the one you use to direct the air to a certain direction), are already broken. The clips are broken thus my levers can easily fall off. The bad thing about it is that the part number is for the whole assembly which costs about 5k. I think mine was broken when the car wash boys cleaned my interior and the wiping cloth snagged into the lever. Just be extra cautious when cleaning the louvers.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Excited to get our brand new altis later at 3pm. Medyo nabad trip lang ako na ang available tint lang nila is black with the lumina brand. My plan kasi is to put a silver tint which i think more compliments with the medium silver color of thr car.:confused:
    but i i have no choice but to put the black tint because additional 6k daw for the black chrome tint of 3m.
    Anyway what do i have to check before receiving the car? And one question does an altis has a kilometer per liter gauge? tnx!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by swankydewd View Post
    Here are the issues that I have experienced so far:
    1. Rattling sound on A pillar. It was immediately fixed during the 1k check-up. I think they added some pad/styrofoam to make it a little tighter.
    2. Intermittent malfunction of the trunk release cable. Fixed during 1k and 5k check-ups. Not experienced since then. Simple adjustments were made.
    3. The 'tok' sound of the front brakes. I noticed this after my 20k check-up. I just had my 25k check-up last Wednesday. Had a bolt and rubber bushing replaced. Bolt costs 40 something, rubber bushing costs 5 something, all in all its about 100 bucks for the left and right front brakes. 2 days running so far without the 'tok' sound. But the SA warned me that this sound may come back after a week or so. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Other issues with no fix yet:
    1. Front bumper. As said by Vinj, it is prone to scraping. Initially, I though it just the black flaps located in front of the wheels. But to my dismay, aside from the black flaps, my bumper has lots of scratches underneath. The good thing about it is that its not that noticeable. Just be careful when going up/down on inclines, parking on slots with wheel stoppers, etc.
    2. Aircon louvers. The 2 aircon levers on the louvers (the one you use to direct the air to a certain direction), are already broken. The clips are broken thus my levers can easily fall off. The bad thing about it is that the part number is for the whole assembly which costs about 5k. I think mine was broken when the car wash boys cleaned my interior and the wiping cloth snagged into the lever. Just be extra cautious when cleaning the louvers.
    Good insights. I'll likewise try the bushing and bolt item on the brake caliper.

*rap: congrats on the new ride. Just make sure complete yung sa checklist and malinis yung car. Pawax na rin and paint protection pag bago.

The Altis has a km/l gauge and its where the watch is. Just press one of the buttons on the gauge panel next to the clock to get the function. You want access.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Tnx sir vinj. Sarap talaga ng bago! Pinabless namin agad straight from casa then Drove it to nlex already going to bulacan. Parang mas matipid pa ata ito sa vios ko. But still to observe.
    Btw, this altis pala has a newer engine dual vvti 1zr na ang engine unlike the previous model na 1zz correct me if im wrong.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Tnx sir vinj. Sarap talaga ng bago! Pinabless namin agad straight from casa then Drove it to nlex already going to bulacan. Parang mas matipid pa ata ito sa vios ko. But still to observe.
    Btw, this altis pala has a newer engine dual vvti 1zr na ang engine unlike the previous model na 1zz correct me if im wrong.

Yes it does. Matulin pa. Iwan nga Ranger ko eh. Hanggang 175 lang kaya, yung Altis 1.6G 180 na umaangat pa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Guys, saan maganda magpagawa ng wax at paint protect para sa altis dito sa south? (paranaque bf homes) TIA

At usually mga magkano?

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]