New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 148 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Nope. They don't take note of it, and i have no complaints with my suspension at this point.
    Last edited by vinj; January 10th, 2013 at 11:40 AM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Sa manila bay din kasi ako kumuha kaya lang since pioneer ung binili ko na headunit baka i-void nila yung warranty. I dont want to replace my headunit with the stock again since ni-splice na yung mga wires. If magiging issue kasi yun sa manila bay baka sa pasong tamo na lang ako mag pms.

- - - Updated - - -

Sa manila bay din kasi ako kumuha kaya lang since pioneer ung binili ko na headunit baka i-void nila yung warranty. I dont want to replace my headunit with the stock again since ni-splice na yung mga wires. If magiging issue kasi yun sa manila bay baka sa pasong tamo na lang ako mag pms.

- - - Updated - - -

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^ During the 10K PMS of my 1.6 late last year, there was no need to change the plugs as it was noted the vehicle was running on iridium plugs w/ replacement at 100,000kms.
    Alright. Thanks vinj.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I'm using a K&N drop-in. Still trying to figure out the difference in performance really since i barely used the car with the stock filter on.

For the oil, i'm still changing at every 5,000kms right now but plan to go fully synthetic in the next change oil stop and i'll be coupling this with the Baldwin oil filter I bought from the US (P7454). I was recently looking at Liqui Moly (Top Tec) but i read it's a Group III oil (combo of mineral oil base + additiives, if i understood it correctly) so I might go for Royal Purple HPS 10W-40 which is a group IV, full-synth oil.
    thanks vinj. most probably i'll be doing the 10k kms oil change from now on, i'll just add use of the engine flush by liqui-moly.

for the air filter i'll be changing it to hurricane drop-in.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    *vinj and *glntVR - Thanks for the tip, I was able to find black rubber matting specifically made for our Altis, from China yata eh, saw it sa Sulit - Xyter yung name ng seller. The fit is okay, nothing like WeatherTech Floorliners, but for 1/3 the price, pwede na din Just bothered with smell of rubber though, hopefully, it disappears after a few days.

Next project is to have the seats re-upholstered, decided na mas-okay ang upholstered leather rather than the leather seat covers, because di talaga makuha yung contours ng seat. Will probably go for black or extreme dark grey color na din, hirap talaga mag-maintain kung light colored yung leather seats eh, parang ang dumi tingnan agad

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    VINJ, pssst... if i will sell my car... mga magkano? need to know ow much it will go for... mileage is 45TKM 2009 model

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinse View Post
    VINJ, pssst... if i will sell my car... mga magkano? need to know ow much it will go for... mileage is 45TKM 2009 model
    Nako... mura na ganyan. Panget resale value. Baka mga 120K lang... Pero since friends tayo, bili ko from you at 150K...

Not sure on the price but i'd expect 500K thereabouts. Tingin ka sa Manila Bulletin this weekend bro, yung Sunday na classifieds.
    Last edited by vinj; January 11th, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Does Toyota require you to still go in every 5,000kms, or if you're using fully synthetic oil, you can just go back every 10,000kms? Do they note the oil being used on the service manual?
    Just checked my service manual and surprisingly, there's no mention of the fact that I used fully synthetic oil.

As with the maintenance schedule, technically they shouldn't be honoring the warranty since I only come in every 10,000 or so kilometers, but when one of my HIDs when bust, they replaced it for free. I don't know if they're just considerate or if my mom pulled some strings with Toyota BGC so I can't really speak for service policies in general.

Anyway, now that the 3-year warranty is up, and the car's due for some intense maintenance, anyone got an idea where I can have the following services done in one go?

- Oil change
    - Oil filter replacement
    - Air cleaner filter replacement
    - Brake pad check
    - Brake fluid replacement
    - Aircon filter replacement
    - Refrigerant top-up
    - Aircon cleaning

Mga magkano kaya aabutin niyan? 20k?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Just checked my service manual and surprisingly, there's no mention of the fact that I used fully synthetic oil.

As with the maintenance schedule, technically they shouldn't be honoring the warranty since I only come in every 10,000 or so kilometers, but when one of my HIDs when bust, they replaced it for free. I don't know if they're just considerate or if my mom pulled some strings with Toyota BGC so I can't really speak for service policies in general.

Anyway, now that the 3-year warranty is up, and the car's due for some intense maintenance, anyone got an idea where I can have the following services done in one go?

- Oil change
    - Oil filter replacement
    - Brake pad check
    - Refrigerant top-up
    - Aircon cleaning

For A/C servicing, it may be better to go to a A/C shop. For the regular servicing, I go to Motech but to their branch in Pampanga In the NCR, they have a branches in Fairview, Cainta, Sucat and Makati. I apply for their 20% discount card and if you book online you service schedule there's a discount as well and they let me bring my own parts.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

- Oil change
    - Oil filter replacement
    - Brake pad check
    - Refrigerant top-up
    - Aircon cleaning

pwede din kay speedyfix. just bring your manual so they will know what things to do.

their price is reasonable for their service. better call to get quotation.

For A/C servicing, it may be better to go to a A/C shop. For the regular servicing, I go to Motech but to their branch in Pampanga In the NCR, they have a branches in Fairview, Cainta, Sucat and Makati. I apply for their 20% discount card and if you book online you service schedule there's a discount as well and they let me bring my own parts.
    vinj. checked their website. mukhang ok din yung motech. ano yung price range nila?
    Last edited by crazy_boy; January 14th, 2013 at 10:33 AM.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]