New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 147 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi, is it necessary to replace the spark plug (to iridium?) of my 7 month old Altis? And any other suggested services like engine detailing, under wash, etc? Will have my 10K pms this coming sat in Toyota Global City. Newbie here

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, is it necessary to replace the spark plug (to iridium?) of my 7 month old Altis? And any other suggested services like engine detailing, under wash, etc? Will have my 10K pms this coming sat in Toyota Global City. Newbie here

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kiamoyman View Post
    Nope. Check your manual as to when the spark plugs of your particular variant need to be replaced. The 1.6 spark plugs need to be changed more frequently than the 2.0. I think 40k and 80k, respectively. For 1.6 variants, iridium-tipped spark plugs aren't necessary.

If I remember correctly, for 10k, I think the only things that'll be replaced are your filters and your oil. Best to ask vinj, kaka-10k lang niya recently
    Last edited by jut703; January 9th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nope. Check your manual as to when the spark plugs of your particular variant need to be replaced. The 1.6 spark plugs need to be changed more frequently than the 2.0. I think 40k and 80k, respectively. For 1.6 variants, iridium-tipped spark plugs aren't necessary.

If I remember correctly, for 10k, I think the only things that'll be replaced are your filters and your oil. Best to ask vinj, kaka-10k lang niya recently
    I see. Thanks for your inputs jut703. Hope vinj read this

- - - Updated - - -

I see. Thanks for your inputs jut703. Hope vinj read this

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ During the 10K PMS of my 1.6 late last year, there was no need to change the plugs as it was noted the vehicle was running on iridium plugs w/ replacement at 100,000kms.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    guys do still do the 5,000 kilometer oil change interval? i'll try to stretch this hks sr oil to 10,000 kms this time around before i change it. will be trying liqui-moly engine flush as well. now running at 8k kms the oil still looks ok at not dark at all.

another query, may gumagamit narin ba sa inyo ng aftrmarket na drop-in air filter like hurricane or knn? mas ok ba performance? earlier yung taga parts dept sa toyota sabi niya mas matagal na daw usage ng stock na air cleaner element ng altis up to 40,000 kms na yung maximum usage.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I change oil every 10,000 km using fully synthetic oil.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I change every 10k and top up every 5k using fully synthetic. SA's and mechanics alike advised to floordown the pedal once in a while for optimal performance.

You'll definitely feel the difference when you change to an aftermarket drop in filter. More responsive and more torque.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    guys do still do the 5,000 kilometer oil change interval? i'll try to stretch this hks sr oil to 10,000 kms this time around before i change it. will be trying liqui-moly engine flush as well. now running at 8k kms the oil still looks ok at not dark at all.

another query, may gumagamit narin ba sa inyo ng aftrmarket na drop-in air filter like hurricane or knn? mas ok ba performance? earlier yung taga parts dept sa toyota sabi niya mas matagal na daw usage ng stock na air cleaner element ng altis up to 40,000 kms na yung maximum usage.
    I'm using a K&N drop-in. Still trying to figure out the difference in performance really since i barely used the car with the stock filter on.

For the oil, i'm still changing at every 5,000kms right now but plan to go fully synthetic in the next change oil stop and i'll be coupling this with the Baldwin oil filter I bought from the US (P7454). I was recently looking at Liqui Moly (Top Tec) but i read it's a Group III oil (combo of mineral oil base + additiives, if i understood it correctly) so I might go for Royal Purple HPS 10W-40 which is a group IV, full-synth oil.

I change oil every 10,000 km using fully synthetic oil.
    Does Toyota require you to still go in every 5,000kms, or if you're using fully synthetic oil, you can just go back every 10,000kms? Do they note the oil being used on the service manual?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    i also change oil every 10k using royal purple fully synthetic oil

- - - Updated - - -

i also change oil every 10k using royal purple fully synthetic oil

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^ During the 10K PMS of my 1.6 late last year, there was no need to change the plugs as it was noted the vehicle was running on iridium plugs w/ replacement at 100,000kms.
    Vinj binalik mo ba yung stock wheels mo and headunit nung nagpa 10k pms ka?

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]