New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 145 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pingpongdad View Post
    sudden loss of cooling. its first episode. freon zero. obvious leak diagnosis from 2 shops. went for actual denso service centers (vs. doing trial and error in other ac shops) and this was most convenient. evaporator 7800, they said replace, rewelding of leaks not recommended as the leak will just recur at a different place. condenser also leaking, need to replace also 9500. they claim oem parts. replacement parts available at other shops but not that far from their price and not sure of the parts quality. its been a while since we tried non-casa outlets for our cars as their warranties are only now just starting to expire. anyway, will report asap any problems. have been browsing/searching the net and so far have not come across complaints or problems with their service.
    It's quite rare that the condenser will get a leak, especially at the current age of your car (under normal circumstances). My first guess is that the Denso shop is doing a shotgun approach and is replacing all the consumables just to ensure the A/C is running in top shape. Everything will be fixed indeed and if you are okay with the price and plan to use the car for many years to come then it's your call. My sister's old 2006 E had the same problem and we resorted to welding the evaporator leak and replacing the rubber o-rings, it still held out until the car was sold a year and a half hence and to date, our family friend who bought it still hasn't encountered any problems but he plans to replace the evaporator before the summer heat sets in just to be sure. There was no guarantee to that but the A/C did hold up on that gamble. I figured the worse case was to just replace the evaporator if it leaked again.

If you proceed, you should also ask to be shown where the leaks are exactly as any AC shop would normally do so you know that the part being replaced is indeed faulty. I'm not familiar with shops in QC anymore aside from Mang Mario and Frigid Zone as i usually have my A/C servicing done in Pampanga already.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    It's quite rare that the condenser will get a leak, especially at the current age of your car (under normal circumstances). My first guess is that the Denso shop is doing a shotgun approach and is replacing all the consumables just to ensure the A/C is running in top shape. Everything will be fixed indeed and if you are okay with the price and plan to use the car for many years to come then it's your call. My sister's old 2006 E had the same problem and we resorted to welding the evaporator leak and replacing the rubber o-rings, it still held out until the car was sold a year and a half hence and to date, our family friend who bought it still hasn't encountered any problems but he plans to replace the evaporator before the summer heat sets in just to be sure. There was no guarantee to that but the A/C did hold up on that gamble. I figured the worse case was to just replace the evaporator if it leaked again.

If you proceed, you should also ask to be shown where the leaks are exactly as any AC shop would normally do so you know that the part being replaced is indeed faulty. I'm not familiar with shops in QC anymore aside from Mang Mario and Frigid Zone as i usually have my A/C servicing done in Pampanga already.
    really appreciate your replies. thanks. no way to find out regarding their service until we try them out. i know about frigid zone, just decided to try this denso service center. crossing my fingers and praying everything goes well. giving them the benefit of the doubt because there is no way of determining bad intentions especially if deliberately concealed. again thanks and more power to this wonderful forum. happy new year to all!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sirs, need your advice regarding the 1.6V. I'm thinking of putting in black leather / leatherette seats and black rubber floor mats. Will this match our beige interiors? I currently have beige leatherette seats (from Equipt) and beige rubber floor mats, but its really a pain to maintain them.

Bagay kaya? For those who have done this, pa-post naman ng pics so that I can see for myself.

TIA.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^i think grey might be a safer contrast against beige... Or maybe dark brown?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chongklc View Post
    Sirs, need your advice regarding the 1.6V. I'm thinking of putting in black leather / leatherette seats and black rubber floor mats. Will this match our beige interiors? I currently have beige leatherette seats (from Equipt) and beige rubber floor mats, but its really a pain to maintain them.

Bagay kaya? For those who have done this, pa-post naman ng pics so that I can see for myself.

TIA.
    Black would be better. It would give a nice contrast. Only time I would go for grey mats or seats would be if the interior is gray or gray/black combination.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Sa Hyundai kasi kailangan pa din pindutin yun button sa door handle para i-unlock yun doors. Kaya natuwa talaga ako sa Altis kasi once na i-grab mo, unlock agad. Haha.
    Another thing I like sa altis is when you're a few feet away, upon approaching the car the interior lights light up na. Maganda sana if may exterior puddle lamp para kita mo un sahig malapit sa kotse mo.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Hello there, there would be an all altis meet at the corner of petron commerce avenue in Alabang next sunday Jan.13, around 3pm. It's near Alabang town center. Sorry if this is a wrong thread to post this. Please come, Just to see some actual stuff / modifications on our beloved altis. Thanks..

- - - Updated - - -

Hello there, there would be an all altis meet at the corner of petron commerce avenue in Alabang next sunday Jan.13, around 3pm. It's near Alabang town center. Sorry if this is a wrong thread to post this. Please come, Just to see some actual stuff / modifications on our beloved altis. Thanks..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Went to Banawe yesterday in search of the elusive silicone remote cover aka key shirt. It was an exercise in futility and a wastage of time and gas. From the E.Rodriguez end to the Del Monte end, I searched in vain.

Every now and then I'd find a store selling key shirts, but they were all for the more common Toyotas (the Altis, Fortuner, Hilux, etc all share the same keys). None for the Camry/Altis 2.0.

Looks like I'll be ordering from eBay instead.
    Pards, what shop in Banawe did you see the Toyota silicone key cover? Did you see any at the mall (Keycards, etc.)? How much usually is the going price?

My Altis E doesn't come with an OEM keyless entry so i tried an alarm being sold online that comes with the OEM-look key. I like to put a silicone cover as it doesn't feel as sturdy as the OEM one (or at least, the buttons feel like the type that will fade faster).

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Pards, what shop in Banawe did you see the Toyota silicone key cover? Did you see any at the mall (Keycards, etc.)? How much usually is the going price?

My Altis E doesn't come with an OEM keyless entry so i tried an alarm being sold online that comes with the OEM-look key. I like to put a silicone cover as it doesn't feel as sturdy as the OEM one (or at least, the buttons feel like the type that will fade faster).

Bro san mo pinagawa yung key mo and how much? yung galing kasi ng casa medyo bulky e.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Actually same size lang siya sa OEM na key with alarm ng current gen Innova-Altis-Fort. Bought the alarm system from sulit.com at P 1,500. The alarm is a little basic and i killed some functions since i really don't need an alarm and just wanted a keyless entry system.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]