New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 132 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    maybe you gave it a taste of the italian tune-up.. heh heh.
    Di naman. Actually, I haven't gone on a long highway drive for quite a while now. Weird though, my onboard computer didn't reset (still showed the same km/l and avg. speed as before), but I'm fairly certain that the transmission's much more responsive now so the ECU definitely changed.

What I discovered tonight is that the added responsiveness didn't impact my FC negatively. I reset my MID before I visited my aunt a while ago, and clocked in 9.2 km/L while averaging 80-120 for the most part and a short burst to 170 along Commonwealth. Realistically that's around 8.9 km/l since my MID is about 0.3 km/l too optimistic.

Best part is I didn't have to use the paddles to overtake at all.
    Last edited by jut703; November 20th, 2012 at 04:39 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Di naman. Actually, I haven't gone on a long highway drive for quite a while now. Weird though, my onboard computer didn't reset (still showed the same km/l and avg. speed as before), but I'm fairly certain that the transmission's much more responsive now so the ECU definitely changed.

What I discovered tonight is that the added responsiveness didn't impact my FC negatively. I reset my MID before I visited my aunt a while ago, and clocked in 9.2 km/L while averaging 80-120 for the most part and a short burst to 170 along Commonwealth. Realistically that's around 8.9 km/l since my MID is about 0.3 km/l too optimistic.

170 along commonwealth?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Interesting thing happened today. I accidentally left my map lights on overnight, and as a result, my battery got drained. I only noticed this morning as the car failed to start even after pressing the start button several times. Out of some stroke of dumb luck, after pressing hard on my 6th try, the car started so I didn't have to bring out my jumper cables.

The fun part is, my ECU seemed to reset itself after this ordeal. The car seemed to be more peppy, as it now downshifts without me having to press on the paddle shifters. Previously, it kept itself under 3k no matter how much I mashed the pedal, even in S-mode.

I guess the Altis isn't that lifeless on its own after all.
    Resetting the ECU does help, especially after a mod is installed or a tune-up. I'll do this after my 10,000km service which is due soon since i just got a new drop-in filter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcbambico View Post
    anyone here who knows someone who's selling a panel spacer (altis 10.5) for a 2-din pioneer headunit?
    * the 2-DIN panel, a place to search is the Banawe audio shops or ask someone based abroad to get it for you. I saw one for sale on altis club forums long ago so i doubt its still available.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stavros View Post
    170 along commonwealth?
    Yup, from the T.Sora overpass until Technohub. I left at around 3am so the road was fairly empty.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Resetting the ECU does help, especially after a mod is installed or a tune-up. I'll do this after my 10,000km service which is due soon since i just got a new drop-in filter as well.
    Now that you mention it, I haven't gone for my 40k PMS (and I'm at 47k whadduppp)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    One thing I noticed though, every time I subject the car to hard acceleration, I get a faint smell of fumes inside the cabin. A lot of other people experience this too in different cars, though I haven't really found a definitive answer to its cause.

I'm not particularly worried about it since everyone says it's normal, though it does happen more frequently now as compared to when the car was new.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    One thing I noticed though, every time I subject the car to hard acceleration, I get a faint smell of fumes inside the cabin. A lot of other people experience this too in different cars, though I haven't really found a definitive answer to its cause.

I'm not particularly worried about it since everyone says it's normal, though it does happen more frequently now as compared to when the car was new.
    perhaps you filled up using a different type of gas..?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Interesting thing happened today. I accidentally left my map lights on overnight, and as a result, my battery got drained. I only noticed this morning as the car failed to start even after pressing the start button several times. Out of some stroke of dumb luck, after pressing hard on my 6th try, the car started so I didn't have to bring out my jumper cables.

The fun part is, my ECU seemed to reset itself after this ordeal. The car seemed to be more peppy, as it now downshifts without me having to press on the paddle shifters. Previously, it kept itself under 3k no matter how much I mashed the pedal, even in S-mode.

I guess the Altis isn't that lifeless on its own after all.
    Sir, do you think it also applies for manual transmissions?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    perhaps you filled up using a different type of gas..?
    I've been using Petron XCS (occasionally Xtra Unleaded) since the car was bought, so it's not the fuel.

Sir, do you think it also applies for manual transmissions?
    Not too sure how it'll help with your MT car, since all that I've noticed is that my tranny's shifting patterns changed. That wouldn't be useful for you since ikaw naman talaga nagshishift on an MT car.

But it might work for throttle response. You could also try calibrating your accelerator. Renzo tried it on his Vios and found noticeable improvements.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009

Now that's how you (properly) drive a 2.0L Altis... :diablo:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Mga Sirs, just would like to ask all 1.6 10.5 gen ALTIS owners kung ilan liters na oil ba talaga ang kailangan. The reason why I've asked is because when I went for my first 5,000 PMS they charged me with 5 liters, but when I've checked my dipstick it is way over the limit so I have to go back to the service and asked them to reduce my oil. And now that I am going for my 1st 10,000 PMS I want to make sure that I will be charged with the right amount of oil, if it's more than 4 liters then it's ok for me to be charge with 5 liters but if the needed oil is only 4 liters then why would I pay for an additional liter if the engine only needs 4 liters anyway. TIA

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]