New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 128 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Guys anyone experience this audible soft thud when releasing the brake pedal? When i release slowly the sound wont be heard.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OT:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewsj View Post
    Guys anyone experience this audible soft thud when releasing the brake pedal? When i release slowly the sound wont be heard.
    I experience something like that after start up and initial move of the car. I think it's normal. I'll likewise observe mine closely.

Update on my FC, my last tank-up got me 10.32km/L, pure city driving on the mecca of Metro Manila motorists that is EDSA. This is using Petron XCS.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I also experience the soft thud. I think it may be the brake pads sticking to the disc at the start, but this is just a guess.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Good day fellow tsikooters.
    How's Altis? Hehe

I'm looking for a sedan kasi for a college student. Everyday gagamitin, Matipid po ba sa Gas?
    I'm comparing between 1.6E/ Mitsubishi Lancer EX(1.6 variant, M/T) and Hyundai Elantra. Hehehe!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    How's Altis? Hehe

I'm looking for a sedan kasi for a college student. Everyday gagamitin, Matipid po ba sa Gas?
    I'm comparing between 1.6E/ Mitsubishi Lancer EX(1.6 variant, M/T) and Hyundai Elantra. Hehehe!
    go for Altis if what you are really looking for is PERFORMANCE. Elantra is really a looker, but has not proven yet anything when it comes to performance.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How's Altis? Hehe

What are your priorities? Performance? Comfort? The Altis is basically the all-arounder and the E comes with a 6-speed m/t just like the Elantra and when the college kids starts taking it to work years from now, it still fits in well. For performance though, the Elantra is ahead. Try to check also the safety ratings online for the cars that you are looking at.

For FC, my m/t 2012 E gets 9-10km/L++ in city driving. That's EDSA rush hour traffic on an almost daily basis. If traffic is light to moderate then i hit the 11s.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    What are your priorities? Performance? Comfort? The Altis is basically the all-arounder and the E comes with a 6-speed m/t just like the Elantra and when the college kids starts taking it to work years from now, it still fits in well. For performance though, the Elantra is ahead. Try to check also the safety ratings online for the cars that you are looking at.

For FC, my m/t 2012 E gets 9-10km/L++ in city driving. That's EDSA rush hour traffic on an almost daily basis. If traffic is light to moderate then i hit the 11s.
    Performance is my priority sir, but i think Elantra is somehow have less km/l than the Altis.
    And also i'm afraid if Elantra also have the knocking issue just like the accents.

I think the Altis is a safe buy.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by joelomana View Post
    go for Altis if what you are really looking for is PERFORMANCE. Elantra is really a looker, but has not proven yet anything when it comes to performance.
    Performance? There's nothing impressive about the Altis' performance. It's an adequate car that's really fuel efficient, but it doesn't have an awe-inspiring engine. The Elantra has a better engine in fact. More horsepower and more linear power delivery (the Altis doesn't have much top-end grunt).

And don't get me started on handling. The Altis is a nervous car when driven through corners at speed. Again, the Elantra fares better, though it's not as good as a Mazda 3 or Focus in terms of handling.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I think the Altis is a safe buy.

Precisely. Nothing to stir your loins, but it'll be the perfect daily drive as long as you're not looking to carve corners. I'd personally get a 1.6 Elantra though if I was in your shoes, but I'll definitely be changing the rims and adding fog lamps.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]