New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 126 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Like a whooshing sound when you press the brakes? It's perfectly normal. If you step on the pedal quickly, it always makes this sound. Even if you don't slam the brakes, tipong mabilis lang yung tapak but only to about 20% of the pedal travel, it'll still make the sound.
    Tnx Jut for the feedback.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For those with Gen 10.5 Altis models (using the ZR series engines already) and want to get their oil changes done outside of Toyota, try checking out on getting your own oil filter removal wrench for the canister-type design oil filter of the ZR engine. I remember cjv_justice mentioning that the mechanic had a hard time removing it with the standard oil filter wrench and could risk cracking the housing. I searched on the web and asked a cousin of mine to hand carry this Manila for me when she visits:

This is how it looks with the oil filter housing attached:

It costs USD 18.22 on Amazon and fits other Toyota models with the same oil filter design. I'll post feedback on this once i have it with me and give it a try on my next oil change.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    *vinj

Does that serve as replacement for the existing hard-to-remove cap?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Hi guys, I'll be going for my (Altis 1.6V) 10k service at toyota san fernando tomorrow. Do you have any advice, do's and don't's? Any idea what toyota does for 10k service? Do you have your tires rotated at 10k?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jmax View Post
    Hi guys, I'll be going for my (Altis 1.6V) 10k service at toyota san fernando tomorrow. Do you have any advice, do's and don't's? Any idea what toyota does for 10k service? Do you have your tires rotated at 10k?
    Just don't avail their misc.services such as engine flush, carwash, engine treatment etc. etc. to save you money

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    For those with Gen 10.5 Altis models (using the ZR series engines already) and want to get their oil changes done outside of Toyota, try checking out on getting your own oil filter removal wrench for the canister-type design oil filter of the ZR engine. I remember cjv_justice mentioning that the mechanic had a hard time removing it with the standard oil filter wrench and could risk cracking the housing. I searched on the web and asked a cousin of mine to hand carry this Manila for me when she visits:

Thank goodness for this product. I hope it becomes locally available for workshops acquire this tool.

* all - I'd like to ask if our cars are included in this latest recall advisory from Toyota?
    Last edited by cjv_justice; October 16th, 2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: edited quote

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    over then years, i have learned that it usually rains after i wash my car. now, whenever we want rain, i just wash the car..
    haha same thing has been happening to me ;-)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    *vinj

Does that serve as replacement for the existing hard-to-remove cap?
    It's an adapter to the existing cap. On the second picture, you'll see how it attaches to the oil filter housing cap (the black part).

If you have an Amazon account, you can order it online then have it delivered to a relative or to a courier who ships to the Philippines.

Quote Originally Posted by jmax View Post
    x2 on not going for the miscellaneous services Renzo mentioned. It's basically an oil change, check suspension, and i think the spark plugs are also replaced along with a tire rotation. You also have the brakes cleaned and sometimes they offer to use the spray-on brake cleaner, if the price is okay then this is good as i prefer using spray on brake cleaner over the pressurized air and liha method (or you can bring your own like the 3M brake cleaner spray you can get at Ace Hardware).

Does anyone know if the ZR uses copper or iridium plugs already (i saw this on the specs in the owner's manual before).

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post

Thank goodness for this product. I hope it becomes locally available for workshops acquire this tool.

* all - I'd like to ask if our cars are included in this latest recall advisory from Toyota?

This is the official statement from Rommel Gutierrez, VP Corporate Affairs of TMP:

“In line with our commitment to produce safety and quality, Toyota has initiated a Special Service Campaign (SSC) for specific Camry, Corolla, RAV4, Vios, and Yaris models produced from 2006 to 2010.

For the affected vehicles, the sliding electrical contact point in the driver’s side Power Window Master Switch may experience a “notchy” or sticking feeling during operation which causes the button to get stuck. If vehicles are serviced in non-Toyota dealer and commercially available lubricant is used, melting of the switch assembly may occur.

As a preventive measure, we will inspect the Power Window Master Switch and apply specialized grease or replace specific component if deemed necessary, at no cost to the customer. This program will be offered at all Toyota dealers only.”

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    any idea on how much the 40,000 PMS cost? thanks ( from what I know around 10??? am I correct???)

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]