New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 121 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I had all those issues, but all of them were fixed quickly when I brought the car in for PMS. They're rather minor, really. I'd prefer these problems than the Rio/Accent FC/knocking problem, or the Tucson's aircon compressor problem, or the FD Civic's rock hard seats.
    Yeah... there are niggles but overall, quality is still up there based on my experience with my 9th gen. I'll be happy if my gen 10.5 holds up the same.

*cjv_justice, that's good FC. I've been doing 9++ in city driving using Petron Xtra. I've yet to try 95octane on my ride though; i'm kinda lethargic now since it's Monday morning but around how many km/L better should we get to offset the cost difference between XCS and XTRA? Around 1.5km/L - 2km/L better?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    *cjv_justice, that's good FC. I've been doing 9++ in city driving using Petron Xtra. I've yet to try 95octane on my ride though; i'm kinda lethargic now since it's Monday morning but around how many km/L better should we get to offset the cost difference between XCS and XTRA? Around 1.5km/L - 2km/L better?
    Yeah probably. But me I feel the benefit a little more with the engine's response & power with the premium gasoline as compared to the regular unleaded one, especially when rolling from a stop. I dunno maybe its the HKS oil also... but I'm quite happy with that result considering my driving style.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yeah... there are niggles but overall, quality is still up there based on my experience with my 9th gen. I'll be happy if my gen 10.5 holds up the same.

Given that regular unleaded is at 55, and XCS is at 56, that's just a 1.8% difference. So a 1.8% improvement in FC should be enough to offset the additional cost.

If you're getting 9 km/L with XTRA Unleaded, 9.162 km/L with XCS is a fair deal.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll probably give it a try then... Doing the math, if FC remains consistent and there's a price difference of P 2.00 or less, that's still less than P80 difference per tank up, a 1L difference, and a 10kms less on my fuel range given my average consumption. I'll try this out in the coming weeks.

On our Nissans, we've always used XCS as the FC and driving feel was better. On my 9th Gen Altis, there was no difference at all between using XCS and XTRA however i did get some detonation if i starve the gas from a standing start that's why we always used XCS on it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    what is the top speed of the dual vvti corolla? vios at owner here waiting for my new corolla. thanx.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by templar101 View Post
    what is the top speed of the dual vvti corolla? vios at owner here waiting for my new corolla. thanx.
    1.6 or 2.0? The 2.0 does over 200. 221 if I'm not mistaken according to a local review, though I personally haven't pushed it that far.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    mga sir Is Pearl White an advisable color? does it really hard to maintain? iam choosing between beige and pearlwhite for my altis 1.6V
    thanks in advance for your inputs and advice..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ^ for a new unit, classic talaga pearl white. to maintain, magpa Optiguard ka sa Bigbert Optiguard Periodic Paint Protection Program - BigBert's! Professional Detailers

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pearl white is easier to keep clean looking as compared to refrigerator white it seems. As long as your car isn't parked in the open, in a high pollution area, it should be fine. With my white Altis, whenever i park next to EDSA and it rains, the paint instantly becomes gray and it takes a hard wax job to remove the pollution smudge.

Tried XCS in my last fill up. Seems to be doing better than Xtra however i've been doing highway driving over the weekend. I'll see for sure in the next two to three tank ups.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    may ibang kinang pag pearl white

go for it

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]