New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 111 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Oo nga eh. Kung Elantra 1.6 GL marami na agad akong naisip para magmukhang disente Dun sa shop ng Elantra club mura lang yung OEM side mirror turn lamp tsaka KDM chrome lower grille. Yung upper matte black nalang Tapos meron naman pala sa sulit na mags ng 1.8 GLS.

Pero Altis parin eh. Helpful yung front sonar sensors. Tsaka malamang matutuwa yun sa smart key. Haha.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Great review *cjv_justice, almost the same impression and experience as you, also have the 1.6V AT. FC ko naman is at 12-13 kms/li, manually computed and thru the car's computer. Route is 80/20 highway/city by distance, 60/40 by travel time.

Pinakamahal na PMS na ngayon quoted at P 6,000 for 20k kms. Also had the following checked for warranty:
    1. Rattling at driver' side pillar trim
    2. Squeaking at the steering column
    3. Trunk release cable intermittently not working
    4. Rattle at the rear in uneven roads

The car is at the casa, will update when done.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    OFF TOPIC:

The interior actually isn't bad.

But I think understand where people are coming from when they say that Toyotas generally make boring interiors.

I recently was able to sit in the 2012 Camry... and its interior LOOKS and FEELS JUST LIKE OUR 2003 Camry.

I guess that if it isn't broke, don't fix it (our 03 Camry's interior still holds up well relatively compared to all the other cars that have been released since then). But I guess the motoring journalists probably would appreciate more variety in how Toyota does their cars.

Looks like they're stepping it up with the 86 though. Let's hope this gets their creative juices flowing.
    With its bread and butter vehicles, Toyota always takes a conservative stance when it comes to design.

In my case, i'm usually never "wowed" by their designs then later on it grows on me and its quite fine since the designs seem to not age as fast as a more radically designed car which suddenly looks old when the new model comes around.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    On the topic of oil, I've been using fully synthetic for the past 40,000 KM. I change every 10,000 KM (I only have my PMS every 10k). No problems so far.

Regarding the interior, I hate wood trim but I think the Altis' interior's very well-executed. Considering the older target market who's looking for a luxurious cruiser at a fraction of the Camry's price, I think they got it spot on. The dash looks pretty classy, especially if you change the radio to an LCD head unit. My only gripe is the lack of cupholders (the bottle holders on the doors are pretty useless), and the lack of aux in my unit. Also, comparing to the 9th gen Altis, the interior is worlds better, not feeling claustrophobic and the lighter plastics lend a sense of spaciousness.
    agree, spot on feedback here...

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Thanks bro. Actually comparing this one to the 1.8 GLS Elantra. Kaso walang (santorini blue) dark blue sa Elantra 1.8 GLS. Pati naman Altis 1.6V wala rin dark blue. Pero features palang bawi na. The Elantra 1.6 GL is just... so... bare (inside and out)

Inisip ko rin yung long term cost of ownership. Sa totoo lang medyo hassle ang maintenance ng Hyundai. Ginagawan ko lang ng paraan yung sa akin para di ako mabwisit

Pero ewan parin. Mapilit parin sa Elantra because of the color. Hindi naman sa akin at pera nila yun. Pero I really think that the Altis 1.6V is for her.
    alam mo ok yang Satornini blue na kulay... kapag laging malinis. pero kapag medyo napabayaan obvious yung pagka-bare niya. di ko lang alam kung ma-recall niyo yung old color ng Altis na 1.6J na Deep Nautica Blue? ayun parang ganun

ayaw ba ni special someone ng black na 1.8GLS? oks din yun a... but then again yung black na Altis 1.6V is so elegant... kung natuto lang ako mag detail ahead nung bumili last year yun na lang sana, pero di naman ako nagsisisi sa Medium Silver Metallic.

Quote Originally Posted by loverlionus View Post
    Great review *cjv_justice, almost the same impression and experience as you, also have the 1.6V AT. FC ko naman is at 12-13 kms/li, manually computed and thru the car's computer. Route is 80/20 highway/city by distance, 60/40 by travel time.

Pinakamahal na PMS na ngayon quoted at P 6,000 for 20k kms. Also had the following checked for warranty:
    1. Rattling at driver' side pillar trim
    2. Squeaking at the steering column
    3. Trunk release cable intermittently not working
    4. Rattle at the rear in uneven roads

The car is at the casa, will update when done.
    Salamat sir. Pero sana post mo yung details nung amount na binigay sa yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Oo nga eh. Kung Elantra 1.6 GL marami na agad akong naisip para magmukhang disente Dun sa shop ng Elantra club mura lang yung OEM side mirror turn lamp tsaka KDM chrome lower grille. Yung upper matte black nalang Tapos meron naman pala sa sulit na mags ng 1.8 GLS.

Pero Altis parin eh. Helpful yung front sonar sensors. Tsaka malamang matutuwa yun sa smart key. Haha.
    Laking tulong talaga yung mga sonar sensors na yan. medyo nakakairita lang yan kapag nahinto ka sa unahan sa traffic light like sa Ayala Ave Makati then lahat ng mga pedestrian na nagtatawiran nadedetect ng sensors... ok i take it back yung sensors helps din in checking out those office chicks in their tight skirts, haha.

I just came home from having some service done with my car. I used up HKS Super Response FS oil. Also had a minor correction done with the alignment and checked/cleaned front n rear brakes. Spent P4,780 in all sa Shell Customer's Cradle. The Dual VVT-i engine pala uses a different oil filter. only the paper filter inside and the o-ring are the ones being replaced. its not the usual VIC or Purolator types but a hard, durable plastic with the replaceables mentioned. I also noticed the underside of the Altis is alot better built than my FD. its hard to explain but the covers with their pins are much better.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^Where is the oil filter housing mounted? Behind the engine (the ZZ had it upfront under the intake manifold)? Been wanting to check it out. The fuel filter of the Innova is like that as well; dang if the oil filter is like that as i won't be able to use the BT223 i have on this car (good thing we have a couple of other Toyotas which can use it).

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    alam mo ok yang Satornini blue na kulay... kapag laging malinis. pero kapag medyo napabayaan obvious yung pagka-bare niya. di ko lang alam kung ma-recall niyo yung old color ng Altis na 1.6J na Deep Nautica Blue? ayun parang ganun

ayaw ba ni special someone ng black na 1.8GLS? oks din yun a... but then again yung black na Altis 1.6V is so elegant... kung natuto lang ako mag detail ahead nung bumili last year yun na lang sana, pero di naman ako nagsisisi sa Medium Silver Metallic.

Laking tulong talaga yung mga sonar sensors na yan. medyo nakakairita lang yan kapag nahinto ka sa unahan sa traffic light like sa Ayala Ave Makati then lahat ng mga pedestrian na nagtatawiran nadedetect ng sensors... ok i take it back yung sensors helps din in checking out those office chicks in their tight skirts, haha.

I just came home from having some service done with my car. I used up HKS Super Response FS oil. Also had a minor correction done with the alignment and checked/cleaned front n rear brakes. Spent P4,780 in all sa Shell Customer's Cradle. The Dual VVT-i engine pala uses a different oil filter. only the paper filter inside and the o-ring are the ones being replaced. its not the usual VIC or Purolator types but a hard, durable plastic with the replaceables mentioned. I also noticed the underside of the Altis is alot better built than my FD. its hard to explain but the covers with their pins are much better.
    She wants the Elantra 1.6 GL A/T because of the color, santorini blue. Kung 1.8 GLS naman baka clean blue ang kunin, the new color, hazel brown is also nice. Very rare. Mas gusto lang kasi yung dark blue. Kung Altis naman, syempre Pearl White Mica :naughty2:

Yung oil filter pala niyan ay element type, parang sa Tucson ko. Mas mahal nga lang yan than regular oil filter.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^Where is the oil filter housing mounted? Behind the engine (the ZZ had it upfront under the intake manifold)? Been wanting to check it out. The fuel filter of the Innova is like that as well; dang if the oil filter is like that as i won't be able to use the BT223 i have on this car (good thing we have a couple of other Toyotas which can use it).
    er sir i'm not sure exactly how accurately i can describe it but it looked like its under the belts area a little off to the right from dead center. the mechanic had a hard time trying to unscrew the filter because its too tight, he said he can't just hammer away forcibly so as not to damage the filter housing... very careful indeed. just as SG mentioned its an element type of filter.

* SG - yeah i forgot meron palang clean blue na 1.8 GLS. si wife din gusto yung pagka blue ng satornini e, ayaw lang niya yung mags, parang bitin daw sa size. the hazel brown is indeed rare.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    after 18 months and 20,000 kilometers on the clock, I am happy I made the right decision of getting this car. i was already sold on the pre-MMC version but just my luck they released a spec'd up version with a new engine. at that time it was it for me. even with the release of newer compacts and subcompacts, IMHO this car will definitely hold its ground... a solid, economical, reliable choice. looks will always be subjective but this one looks like a car.

FC figures at this time is around 9-10 kms/liter in city driving, goes up to about 11 with frequent usage of the Skyway. the best i got was around 14 kpl with trips going up to angeles, pampanga. for the car's weight and 4AT transmission its pretty acceptable. lowest figure was 7 kpl with heavy traffic here in las-pinas area.

the cost of ownership is easy on the pocket... so far. oil changes at the dealer would cost around 2.8k on average using mineral-based oil, since i'm following the recommended 5k interval for toyota, i'm following the kilometers accumulated instead of the time. tomorrow i'm trying a fully-synthetic option and do it outside of the dealer, planning to extended the oil change interval to every 6,000 kilometers.

dual vvt-i engine power is pretty torquey from low to mid rev so it helps alot to get you rolling from a stop, way better than my civic FD. top speed os ok but the civic will trump this one in this category.

the another thing i like about this car is the suspension, very comfortable and absorbs road imperfections very well. very solid build.

for the interior, people might say the interior looks dull and boring... i don't know how they come up with these stuff but you can always do your own stuff to suit your taste right? me i keep it spic & span every single time. my wife loves the additional light that turns on when you slide the vanity mirror cover open.

other features i like - the smart key system, i've gotten a few good comments about it.. but almost all of them say they did not expect that feature from a Corolla... probably they'll say that again when they see the new kia rio hb. one time at a basement parking area of a mall a security guard approached me and asked how did i open my door by just holding the handle... told him about the proximity sensor feature. other features like the front and rear sensors really help bigtime with your spatial awareness.

there you have it. gladly did this as a favor for a friend about the Altis 1.6V.

this is just my 2 cents worth about this car. of course there are matters that are yet to be encountered along the way so i apologize if this seems 'lacking' or whatever.

as a suggestion to those looking for a car in this segment - even amongst the new cars and their new toys in the market, its just wrong not to give the Corolla a look... whatever trim it may be. its not the best selling car of all time for nothing. period.
    Excellent review! Best kept secrets of owning a 1.6V AT. Mine is the non dual vvt-i 08' model. I think the only difference with the current model is the start/stop button and dual vvt-i engine.

Have been a big fan of "H" brand in the past owning two vehicles. However, after testing the altis...have never looked back again to the "H" brand. Now, I have two vehicles of Toyota...how ironic. Call it playing safe but I am looking forward to getting another Altis. It just does not make sense pricing the 1.6V AT below 1m.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mach001 View Post
    I think the only difference with the current model is the start/stop button and dual vvt-i engine.
    There's the aux-in as well. I found it unacceptable for a car close to 1M not to have aux input. Gauges were revised and wood trim was changed, then there's the tacky "eco" indicator too.

Quote Originally Posted by mach001 View Post
    It just does not make sense pricing the 1.6V AT below 1m.
    Of course it does. Old body (2008), old tranny (4-AT that was just modified from the 9th gen), 1.6L engine. It's priced just about right, not a bargain, but not too expensive.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    There's the aux-in as well. I found it unacceptable for a car close to 1M not to have aux input. Gauges were revised and wood trim was changed, then there's the tacky "eco" indicator too.

Of course it does. Old body (2008), old tranny (4-AT that was just modified from the 9th gen), 1.6L engine. It's priced just about right, not a bargain, but not too expensive.
    Really unacceptable...how about putting in aux input and pricing it close to 4m!!! Now that to me is unacceptable but people are still buying an altis for 4m!

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]