New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 110 of 357 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yeah, ganyan nga yun.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    after 18 months and 20,000 kilometers on the clock, I am happy I made the right decision of getting this car. i was already sold on the pre-MMC version but just my luck they released a spec'd up version with a new engine. at that time it was it for me. even with the release of newer compacts and subcompacts, IMHO this car will definitely hold its ground... a solid, economical, reliable choice. looks will always be subjective but this one looks like a car.

FC figures at this time is around 9-10 kms/liter in city driving, goes up to about 11 with frequent usage of the Skyway. the best i got was around 14 kpl with trips going up to angeles, pampanga. for the car's weight and 4AT transmission its pretty acceptable. lowest figure was 7 kpl with heavy traffic here in las-pinas area.

the cost of ownership is easy on the pocket... so far. oil changes at the dealer would cost around 2.8k on average using mineral-based oil, since i'm following the recommended 5k interval for toyota, i'm following the kilometers accumulated instead of the time. tomorrow i'm trying a fully-synthetic option and do it outside of the dealer, planning to extended the oil change interval to every 6,000 kilometers.

dual vvt-i engine power is pretty torquey from low to mid rev so it helps alot to get you rolling from a stop, way better than my civic FD. top speed os ok but the civic will trump this one in this category.

the another thing i like about this car is the suspension, very comfortable and absorbs road imperfections very well. very solid build.

for the interior, people might say the interior looks dull and boring... i don't know how they come up with these stuff but you can always do your own stuff to suit your taste right? me i keep it spic & span every single time. my wife loves the additional light that turns on when you slide the vanity mirror cover open.

other features i like - the smart key system, i've gotten a few good comments about it.. but almost all of them say they did not expect that feature from a Corolla... probably they'll say that again when they see the new kia rio hb. one time at a basement parking area of a mall a security guard approached me and asked how did i open my door by just holding the handle... told him about the proximity sensor feature. other features like the front and rear sensors really help bigtime with your spatial awareness.

there you have it. gladly did this as a favor for a friend about the Altis 1.6V.

this is just my 2 cents worth about this car. of course there are matters that are yet to be encountered along the way so i apologize if this seems 'lacking' or whatever.

as a suggestion to those looking for a car in this segment - even amongst the new cars and their new toys in the market, its just wrong not to give the Corolla a look... whatever trim it may be. its not the best selling car of all time for nothing. period.
    Last edited by cjv_justice; August 1st, 2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: added details.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post

FC figures at this time is around 9-10 kms/liter in city driving, goes up to about 11 with frequent usage of the Skyway. the best i got was around 14 kpl with trips going up to angeles, pampanga. for the car's weight and 4AT transmission its pretty acceptable. lowest figure was 7 kpl with heavy traffic here in las-pinas area.

the cost of ownership is easy on the pocket... so far. oil changes at the dealer would cost around 2.8k on average using mineral-based oil, since i'm following the recommended 5k interval for toyota, i'm following the kilometers accumulated instead of the time. tomorrow i'm trying a fully-synthetic option and do it outside of the dealer, planning to extended the oil change interval to every 6,000 kilometers.

dual vvt-i engine power is pretty torquey from low to mid rev so it helps alot to get you rolling from a stop, way better than my civic FD. top speed os ok but the civic will trump this one in this category.
    kung mag FS oil ka lang din at use it for 6k kms lang, stick with the mineral oil na lang with 5k OCI, more practical and wont do any harm to the car naman, imho.

my gf's altis (not dual vvti) religiously followed the 5k OCI interval from start up to 25k kms with no problems.

but its your money so...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    for the interior, people might say the interior looks dull and boring... i don't know how they come up with these stuff but you can always do your own stuff to suit your taste right?
    OFF TOPIC:

The interior actually isn't bad.

But I think understand where people are coming from when they say that Toyotas generally make boring interiors.

I recently was able to sit in the 2012 Camry... and its interior LOOKS and FEELS JUST LIKE OUR 2003 Camry.

I guess that if it isn't broke, don't fix it (our 03 Camry's interior still holds up well relatively compared to all the other cars that have been released since then). But I guess the motoring journalists probably would appreciate more variety in how Toyota does their cars.

Looks like they're stepping it up with the 86 though. Let's hope this gets their creative juices flowing.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    On the topic of oil, I've been using fully synthetic for the past 40,000 KM. I change every 10,000 KM (I only have my PMS every 10k). No problems so far.

Regarding the interior, I hate wood trim but I think the Altis' interior's very well-executed. Considering the older target market who's looking for a luxurious cruiser at a fraction of the Camry's price, I think they got it spot on. The dash looks pretty classy, especially if you change the radio to an LCD head unit. My only gripe is the lack of cupholders (the bottle holders on the doors are pretty useless), and the lack of aux in my unit. Also, comparing to the 9th gen Altis, the interior is worlds better, not feeling claustrophobic and the lighter plastics lend a sense of spaciousness.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Folks, anyone who owns a 2008 E variant Altis. Im just wondering how do you clean up the fabric side panel of the car. Madumihin sya eh. Any recommended product na effective pang detail. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    there you have it. gladly did this as a favor for a friend about the Altis 1.6V.

this is just my 2 cents worth about this car. of course there are matters that are yet to be encountered along the way so i apologize if this seems 'lacking' or whatever.

as a suggestion to those looking for a car in this segment - even amongst the new cars and their new toys in the market, its just wrong not to give the Corolla a look... whatever trim it may be. its not the best selling car of all time for nothing. period.
    Thanks bro. Actually comparing this one to the 1.8 GLS Elantra. Kaso walang (santorini blue) dark blue sa Elantra 1.8 GLS. Pati naman Altis 1.6V wala rin dark blue. Pero features palang bawi na. The Elantra 1.6 GL is just... so... bare (inside and out)

Inisip ko rin yung long term cost of ownership. Sa totoo lang medyo hassle ang maintenance ng Hyundai. Ginagawan ko lang ng paraan yung sa akin para di ako mabwisit

Pero ewan parin. Mapilit parin sa Elantra because of the color. Hindi naman sa akin at pera nila yun. Pero I really think that the Altis 1.6V is for her.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Thanks bro. Actually comparing this one to the 1.8 GLS Elantra. Kaso walang (santorini blue) dark blue sa Elantra 1.8 GLS. Pati naman Altis 1.6V wala rin dark blue. Pero features palang bawi na. The Elantra 1.6 GL is just... so... bare (inside and out)

Inisip ko rin yung long term cost of ownership. Sa totoo lang medyo hassle ang maintenance ng Hyundai. Ginagawan ko lang ng paraan yung sa akin para di ako mabwisit

Pero ewan parin. Mapilit parin sa Elantra because of the color. Hindi naman sa akin at pera nila yun. Pero I really think that the Altis 1.6V is for her.
    Ano ba hinahanap ng "friend" mo na yan?

I think the Altis 1.6V is well-packaged as a comfortable cruiser, but I still think the 1.8 GLS Elantra is the better overall package.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ano ba hinahanap ng "friend" mo na yan?

I think the Altis 1.6V is well-packaged as a comfortable cruiser, but I still think the 1.8 GLS Elantra is the better overall package.
    Aha! Ang showbiz ah

Yes I think the Elantra 1.8 is a better "all around" car. Pero sabit parin kasi 1.6 GL lang ang gusto dahil sa santorini blue color. Sabi ko i-momodify namin ng konti para sumabay sa itsura ng iba kasi sa totoo lang (IMHO lang baka may mga mag react) ang pangit ng stock na Elantra. Kung Tucson ko nga Premium na hindi pa ako nakuntento

Ang problema din, kahit i-modify ang Elantra, hindi parin talaga sasabay sa features ng Altis eh. Maski Elantra 1.6 GL A/T vs Altis 1.6G A/T.

Ang panalo lang sa Elantra yung 6 speed A/T. Out of the budget naman yung Altis 2.0V 7CVT-i.

At yung Civic 1.8E ngayon malaking kalokohan. :hysterical: 1.008M walang front fog lamps. Inyo na yan!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Aha! Ang showbiz ah

Yes I think the Elantra 1.8 is a better "all around" car. Pero sabit parin kasi 1.6 GL lang ang gusto dahil sa santorini blue color. Sabi ko i-momodify namin ng konti para sumabay sa itsura ng iba kasi sa totoo lang (IMHO lang baka may mga mag react) ang pangit ng stock na Elantra. Kung Tucson ko nga Premium na hindi pa ako nakuntento

Ang problema din, kahit i-modify ang Elantra, hindi parin talaga sasabay sa features ng Altis eh. Maski Elantra 1.6 GL A/T vs Altis 1.6G A/T.

Ang panalo lang sa Elantra yung 6 speed A/T. Out of the budget naman yung Altis 2.0V 7CVT-i.

At yung Civic 1.8E ngayon malaking kalokohan. :hysterical: 1.008M walang front fog lamps. Inyo na yan!
    15" rims naman kasi. Parang si Shaq nagsuot ng size 8 na sapatos.

Kung 1.6GL papalitan ko kagad ng gulong ng 1.8GLS or yung 17" OEM na binibenta sa sulit. Atsaka fogs. Chrome nalang sa grille atsaka yung drum brakes magpapabisto na base model.

Pero kung 1.6GL vs 1.6V, talo talaga sa features. Kung hindi rin 1.8 GLS, wag na. Pearl white na 1.6V nalang. O kaya yung grey, medium silver ba pangalan nun?

Isama mo na yung Mazda 3 hatch sa Civic E. 1,099,000, tapos mas malakas pa makina ng Accent na tig-700k lang

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]