New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 104 of 357 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I tried out my car's acceleration, out of boredom. Wasn't able to do a 0-100, it was more like 20-100 since I floored it right after coming out of a corner. Took a little over 9 seconds, says the video.

Considering the misshift (forgot to press the paddle after redlining on 1st) and the running start, I guess the car could still do 10-point-something if it was a 0-100 run.

FC's still dismal though - since my last reset, I've averaged 13 km/h (not really heavy traffic, but a hell lot of idling) which leads to an oh-so-stellar 6.6 km/L.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    By the way, after comparing the bills from the 1K PMS at TQA and this 5K PMS from TAI... TQA charged me with 5 liters of the TGMO while TAI only charged 4... lokong TQA yun a! I checked the oil early this morning to check again kung bago nga... its fresh and above the Max line sa dipstick, hehe. Overall experience is ok except of course dun sa paghihintay, next time by appointment na.
    Quote Originally Posted by dekzee View Post
    In one of my PMS at toyota dasma, i was also charged with 5 bottles of oil. when they returned the oil bottles, only half of the fifth bottle was used. when I gathered all the remaining oil from the four bottles to the last drop, I accumulated a whopping 300cc. I checked the oil level in the engine and it was 1cm above the full mark. Nireklamo ko sila. I emailed directly the manager. I said that had the mechanic emptied all the 4 bottles fully (adding the significant 300cc), there would not be a need for a fifth bottle which was only half emptied. problema kasi nagmamadali lagi sa paglagay ng langis. I took photos of the oil bottles and attached them to the email. After my complaint the SA at toyota dasma called my cellphone and apologized. during my succeeding visits, i know noticed that the mechanics are taking their time emptying the bottles, to the last drop. not just with my car but with every car in the service bay during that time. I'd like to believe that they changed their ways because of my complaint hehehe. must have been a memo or circular issued or something. try mo din mag-email bro. And sa iba pang tsikoteers who were charged 5 bottles, even with the new ZR engines, you may want to check the amount of oil remaining in the bottles that they returned. then ireklamo nyo din hehehe.
    Guys, I was also charged 5 liters of oil sa Toyota North Edsa. Binalikan ko sila kinabukasan, and argued to that it only needs 4 liters, 3.75liters to be exact. The SA even challenged me to drain it again to see that he's right. I said ok then lets do it! haha...he changed his mind and decided na isoli na lang yung sobrang oil.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Even if you drain the oil out for about the whole day, there are still oil left inside. On vehicles, like 02-05 CRV, there is about 1.0 lit of oil left inside and the manual acknowledges this fact.

If the Altis manual says 3.75 li w/ oil filter installed, you can put in a bit less just to be safe. Top up based on what the indication on the dipstick

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well i'll be. I took out my 1K service file and also saw that Toyota Shaw charged for 5L of oil. I never even bothered to check it back then but if i did, i would have made a point about that definitely. Gosh i'm losing it.

I'll bring this up when i go in for my 5K service.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Guys, what kind of 17" rims (& color) would look best with the Altis Medium silver?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    5L din yung chinarge sakin for the 1K PMS (3.92L yung capacity ng 2.0V) pero binalik naman yung extra.

Guys, what kind of 17" rims (& color) would look best with the Altis Medium silver?
    USDM XRS rims! Kaso hirap maghanap nun.

Meron samin na naka-medium silver Altis, rims ng Toyota Wish yung gamit:

Maganda for me kasi medyo OEM pa rin kahit papano yung look.

But my ideal (kasi affordable haha) setup, for a white Altis (but I think it'll work for any Altis color) is one with Rota IKR rims:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral88 View Post
    ...The SA even challenged me to drain it again to see that he's right. I said ok then lets do it! haha...he changed his mind and decided na isoli na lang yung sobrang oil.
    How I'd wish na natuloy sana tong dare na to hehehe. I could just imagine the look on the SA's face the moment he's proven wrong hahaha. I believe some casas have been doing this for years, siyempre, may kikitain din sila dun sa 5th bottle of oil kahit hindi naman talaga kailangan.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats View Post
    Not 17s but you can try 18s.

Work XD9 (aka Rota P1)

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hey noob question, 18s ba sacrificed na riding comfort or still ok?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    i bought my altis 1.6v a month ago. FC on first 1,000 kms (manila-tacloban, leyte) was 11.9. now than im staying mostly in tacloban and using it daily for city driving my fc is just 7.8. anything i can do to improve fc? where can i buy filter kasi nagpachage oil ako tapos wlang available na filter sa tacloban

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]