New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 101 of 357 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3568
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mali pala yung ginawa ko hahahaha. I pressed the ignition button twice (equivalent of ON mode sa susi), then gradually stepped on the accelerator hanggang dulo. Then stinart ko yung makina.

I did this 4 times - pag-alis kong bahay, pag-alis ko ng Ateneo, pag-alis ko ng Gilmore, atsaka pag-alis ko sa tindahan pagkatapos bumili ng tasty. Akala ko ganun yung 4x na sinasabi haha natangahan naman ako sa sarili ko

Ulitin ko nalang mamaya pag umalis uli ako haha.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I re-tried the suggested accelerator calibration using the same technique renzo did. Hindi ko alam kung placebo effect or mas binabantayan ko yung paa ko, pero mas nacocontrol ko yung throttle, no more sudden surges from 1st gear. Kung may effect man sa Altis, sobrang minimal lang siguro.

And maybe the fact that the car is an automatic limits the amount of throttle control I get since computer-controlled pa rin yung clutch.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Response on mine through the first half of the pedal is also slower but it's not much of a problem as my car is a manual so working the gears keeps me at a good pace. Toyota tunes it this way to favor economy. In the old days, tightening the throttle cable would cure that. :D

Update on FC. 80% city driving, 20% highway (running 110-130kph). 11.42km/L; loaded up at Petron Clark... P 47.75/L

I was feeling a bit sluggish on the car the past week and when i checked tire pressure, i was down to 31/30psi. I aired up to my usual 34psi on all four wheels and the car ran the way i prefer it to (a little lighter with more road feel).
    Last edited by vinj; June 11th, 2012 at 10:17 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My FC is now down to 6.9-7 km/L, from 7.3-7.4 km/L previously. I can attest it to the driving conditions, since my average speed fell from 17 km/h to 15 km/h, says the MID.

I'm thinking of an ECU reset just to see if it makes any difference. Good or bad idea?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    My FC is now down to 6.9-7 km/L, from 7.3-7.4 km/L previously. I can attest it to the driving conditions, since my average speed fell from 17 km/h to 15 km/h, says the MID.

I'm thinking of an ECU reset just to see if it makes any difference. Good or bad idea?
    If you're due for a change oil, tune-up anytime soon, try doing your ECU reset along with that. Try cleaning also your MAF sensor with some electric contact cleaner or carb cleaner.
    Last edited by vinj; June 12th, 2012 at 01:43 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by emanlim View Post
    Guys,

can you share some insights on the use of the bluetooth handsfree feature of the altis. Does it have voice controls when dialling or answering a call?
    Yes it has voice control when dialing (assuming you've setup contacts already). You can refer to the manual for instructions on how to do this.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by emanlim View Post
    Guys,

can you share some insights on the use of the bluetooth handsfree feature of the altis. Does it have voice controls when dialling or answering a call?
    after more than a year of usage, this feature I still don't know how to use... can't understand the feature from the manual.

I switched fuels from Unleaded to the Premium(now V-Power), XCS, Gold equivalent. Power seemed to improve especially during inclines and rolling from a standstill.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post

I switched fuels from Unleaded to the Premium(now V-Power), XCS, Gold equivalent. Power seemed to improve especially during inclines and rolling from a standstill.
    hmmmm.... medyo naiintriga ako dito sa bagong shell fuels. ma try nga yang V-power nitro hehehe tutal nag mura na ang gas lateley. naka Shell fuelsave ako for the longest time.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I've been on XCS for the longest time (eto lang ang murang premium gas haha). vinj, nacompare mo na ba XCS vs V-Power Nitro+ Racing? (whew whattaname)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    kakalito nga 'tong Shell - yung Super Premium nila ginawang V-Power, yung V-Power dinagdagan ng Nitro+ Racing sa variant name... ano ba yan meant to confuse consumers?! hehe, wala na bang mas catchy name?!

reminds me of McDo's new Big n Tasty burger, the name itself describes the product... could use a better product name.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]