New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 97 of 357 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    *vinj - thanks for the reply. Yup I've been doing the bounce test. May laro ang up and down motion niya pero hindi pa naman ganun kagrabe. Mahinang alog palang naman. Alright, I'll ask about those two. But what about the spring and insulation sir? Possible ba na palitin narin? Sayang naman at hindi umabot sa warranty period ang mga 'to.

*renzo - thanks for the reply. What do you mean i cant avail the OEM sir? Mas okay ba na aftermarket nalang ang ipalit? Gusto ko lang sana mabalik yung dating comfy and quiet ride ng altis. Hehe

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    What renzo means is that it's highly impractical to go OEM kasi mahal sila magcharge ng piyesa. KYB shocks function in the same way, and if shocks nga lang talaga problema mo, then you can expect the same comfy ride quality of the Altis ones you have them replaced.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What renzo means is that it's highly impractical to go OEM kasi mahal sila magcharge ng piyesa. KYB shocks function in the same way, and if shocks nga lang talaga problema mo, then you can expect the same comfy ride quality of the Altis ones you have them replaced.
    Right, thanks for clarifying sir. Okay, I'll definitely canvass for these parts. Is there any other source aside from Banawe?
    Btw, sa casa they are charging me 5200 for each shock absorber. Plus 1600 labor.

Salamat sa advice mga bro. Sana nga shocks lang ang problema.

PS: Cool blue ba yang HL mo sir?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kafph2000 View Post
    *vinj - thanks for the reply. Yup I've been doing the bounce test. May laro ang up and down motion niya pero hindi pa naman ganun kagrabe. Mahinang alog palang naman. Alright, I'll ask about those two. But what about the spring and insulation sir? Possible ba na palitin narin? Sayang naman at hindi umabot sa warranty period ang mga 'to.

*renzo - thanks for the reply. What do you mean i cant avail the OEM sir? Mas okay ba na aftermarket nalang ang ipalit? Gusto ko lang sana mabalik yung dating comfy and quiet ride ng altis. Hehe
    Not that you technically cant and shouldnt. Pwede naman. But KYB have good feedbacks also, they ride quite well and I do have them on my car.

Syempre, OEM.. CASA. And generally CASA = expensive.

See, 5200 each. That's crazy. I got mine for 2300 each .. not an Altis, though .. pero you get the figures and the price difference.

For my Toyota parts & stuff, I go straight to Toyorama. Their prices are fair enough and most of the time they'll have what you need.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PS: Cool blue ba yang HL mo sir?
    OEM 4300k HID bro. Comes with the car

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    * renzo - Thanks for the advice bro. I just gave the shop a call and they are giving me a pair of shocks(KYB) for 6800. Not bad. To top it off, 250 lang ang labor per shock. Comparing it to casa na 1600, ang layo talaga. Anyway, once I confirm that it's really the culprit, I'll have it replaced immediately. Any more input would be highly appreciated.

*jut - Nice! Yours must be 1.8 variant (or 2.0?? ) I'm aiming for HIDs too. Nag-iipon lang ako for projectors.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Power folding side mirrors - Useful if you're in a tight road that you wouldn't be able to traverse if you don't close your side mirrors. Also useful when you're too lazy or tired to close the side mirrors of your car when you park. Looks cool too. In the end though, it's something you can live without.

Rain-sensing Wipers - Interesting feature at first, but after 3 years of ownership, I've gotten tired of this. Sure it's more convenient that you leave it in Auto mode and forget about dealing with your wipers forever, but in practice, minsan hindi tugma yung wiper speed sa level ng rain. I don't mind having this removed, for me OK na yung variable intermittent wipers.

Leather seats - Back then, I was a big fan of leather seats. Siyempre sosyalin diba. But leather seats have their drawbacks too - grabe ang init pag nabilad sa araw, and it starts developing nasty creases as time passes. I still prefer leather seats over fabric ones, pero OK lang talaga kung fabric lang.

Leather steering wheel - More than the steering wheel material, I think yung paddle shifters yung bigger loss. With the slow 4-AT that the 1.6V has, medyo useful talaga yung paddle shifters. Kung hindi ka naman ganun kainteresado sa gears ng kotse mo, ok lang na wala 'to.

Xenon headlamps - VERY USEFUL feature. Yun nga lang, madali lang magpalagay nito sa labas eh. Kahit projector pa, pagawa mo lang kay sir garyq, 20k lang nakaprojector HID headlamps ka na.

90% city driving ba kamo? 1.6V definitely. City FC ng 2.0V CVT is around 8 km/L, habang nasa 9.5 km/L ang 1.6V. Malaking difference na rin yan. Kahit naman sa highway, 122 horsepower should be sufficient for you unless you're really looking for power.

Thanks a lot for the info. actually nakapagbigay na ako ng 5k reservation sa 2.0 unit na available sa toyota shaw. nagbigay ako kasi sabi naman nila na refundable daw yun just in case di ako magcontinue. 1.6v talaga ang gusto ko infact approved na yun sa banko kaso nang pumunta ako sa shaw nabighani ako sa mga features ng 2.0, parang di na ko nag isip sa fc nya basta nacheck ko at nagustuhan ng misis ko kaya nagbigay agad ako para ireserve na ang unit sakin while ipoprocess yung application ko.

so nung umuwi kami ng bahay medyo nagcompute compute na ako and nagresearch ako dito tapos parang narealize ko baka if 2.0 ang kunin namin ay magtipid kami sa gas and di namin magamit freely, naisip ko baka di magkalayo ang fc sa escape and fuzion namin na di namin ginagamit out of town kasi marami naman kaming pagpipilian na di matakaw sa gas. may maliit kasi kami na rent a car business na sideline kaya pag nag out of town either adventure, crosswind, honda city, grandstarex (pag marami) or di kaya lancer or yung 2002 altis ang ginagamit ko. Di na ako umulit gumamit ng escape and fuzion dahil nasashock ako pag nagpapagas na, hehe. Nagdecide lang ako kumuha ng altis kasi yun na ang pangpersonal and pampamilyang gagamitin namin, besides maraming beses narin akong nawalan ng mga gamit, shades and wallet kasi minsan di ko nakukuha mga things ko sa loob tapos ginagamit o rinerentahan ng iba.

ngayon nagdecide na ako na 1.6v nalang and nagfinalize nako sa bank ang problema wala na silang makuhang unit na 1.6v na white pearl. Buti nalang di ako nagsawa sa kakadial sa halos lahat ng toyota sa maynila and nagkataon mayron daw sa bicutan kaso wala nadaw discount kasi in demand daw talaga mahaba ang pilahan sa pearwhite na 1.6v. pero i took it nalang kesa maghintay ako ng no difinite time kung kailan magkakaroon. nasend na ng bank ko ang p.o. kahapon and im supposed to get my unit on monday or tuesday. So thanks sa mga forumers here marami akong information na nakukuha.

btw, saan kaya makakapainstall ng leather upholstery sa seats. yung factory fit o di kaya yung kinakabit talaga sa upuan na parang original leather sa 2.0v? tnx

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Nice! Yours must be 1.8 variant (or 2.0?? ) I'm aiming for HIDs too. Nag-iipon lang ako for projectors.
    2.0 bro. Sulit talaga ng projector retrofit kung hindi ka pa naka-HID

*Ladera
    Congrats sa purchase mo bro. For the leather seats, sa Kelseat, maayos sila gumawa ng leather seat covers. Hindi ko lang sure kung nagrere-upholster din sila ng leather talaga. Parang may nakita na ko nagpagawa nun dati dito sa Tsikot but I'm not too sure.

Best to give them a call and ask what they can offer for your Altis.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    hi guys.
    newbie here, as you can see by my post count. :p been lurking this thread since i drive a 2008 1.8v altis.
    have a problem though, and its not the usual rattle sound, etc.

the lumbar support of the power seat is broken. it makes a sound like the gear to move the lumbar area of the seat is disconnected with the motor.
    has anyone experienced this?
    i asked our toyota dealer about it, but they still don't have parts for it.
    i'll probably get it checked during the next PMS. hoping that its an easy fix.

also changed the tires to yokohoma a-drive, couldn't be any better than the stock dunlop's. (and it's cheaper than bridgestones which are excessively expensive. seriously. 28k for 4 tires? paid only 20k flat with all the usual check-up.)

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sounds like an isolated case. Since out of warranty na yung Altis mo, maybe you could try asking outside shops if they can order you parts for that - tatagain ka lang kasi ng CASA.

A-drives are good. I changed tires recently too though, but I got Kumho Ecstas. 4.1k per piece lang vs 4.9k for the A.Drives, really good reviews too. Haven't flogged the car through Tanay with the new tires yet though, so I can't say how it performs when pushed to the limits.

How can you say that the Yoko A.Drives are better than the Dunlop SP Sport 01s? The SP Sport 01s cost 8k a piece so it's actually positioned more against the C.Drive than the lower-end A.Drive. I found it pretty grippy when new, nothing to write home about but they were good tires.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]