New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 94 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I don't think it's age but the stress of working that makes us want more comfortable rides when traveling especially in heavy traffic. Which is why weekend cars rarely gets used during working days. As you grow older, you will want to get a driver already.=D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *bulcom: Actually, with your rims being blacked out mostly, it's hard to say. If i owned that though, i would lose the tilting plate holder, CF sticker and repaint the tires at the very least to a metallic or matte silver shade. Try also color keying the rear ducktail and front grille (or maybe get the mesh grille from the 2.0V model).

The tire size seems fine; with that you don't have much fender gap too. No sayad problems?

Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    I don't think it's age but the stress of working that makes us want more comfortable rides when traveling especially in heavy traffic. Which is why weekend cars rarely gets used during working days. As you grow older, you will want to get a driver already.=D
    This is soooo me. :D Nung bata, ayaw ng may driver. Naiinis pag pinapasama sa driver. Now, i want a driver and when i ride with a driver, gusto ko yung driver na maingat hindi masyado mabilis magpatakbo (steady lang sa road and tama magdiskarte). Before, i always chose to use a driver na alam ko mabilis mag-drive.

Going back to my gripes: Sadly Toyota also did away with the slanted, driver-oriented gear shift levers on the 10th gen. This has been a welcome staple on every Corolla from the AE92 up to my 9th Gen ZZ. I'm guessing they did this as a cost-cutting measure to maintain the same parts for both LHD and RHD models.
    Last edited by vinj; May 21st, 2012 at 01:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi Vinj thanks for answering. Actually black talaga color ng rims ko and gusto ko tlaga dark kasi for me mas masculine pag black eh, sa setup naman ng spring ko kasi palit na din yun eh, so far di naman nasayad sa mga humps.

So maybe alisin ko na lang yun sticker and ducktail. Gusto ko rin sana palagyan ng bodykit kaya lang ayaw ko nun mga nakikita ko eh, siguro side skirt na lang and front chin kung may makikita.

Please advise pa kung ano pwede ko gawin, thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    * the chin and sideskirts, safest bet (and hindi nakakasawa) is to go for the simple, OEM look designs. If you do remove the CF sticker, you can still add contrast by having your headlamp modified with black accents.
    Last edited by vinj; May 21st, 2012 at 03:11 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bulcom View Post
    Hi Vinj thanks for answering. Actually black talaga color ng rims ko and gusto ko tlaga dark kasi for me mas masculine pag black eh, sa setup naman ng spring ko kasi palit na din yun eh, so far di naman nasayad sa mga humps.

So maybe alisin ko na lang yun sticker and ducktail. Gusto ko rin sana palagyan ng bodykit kaya lang ayaw ko nun mga nakikita ko eh, siguro side skirt na lang and front chin kung may makikita.

Please advise pa kung ano pwede ko gawin, thanks.
    I answered you on the previous page. Check my suggestions.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    oh im sorry renzo i missed that,

but for the rims, hmmm i think i cant replace that yet, wala pa one year yun eh. for the skirts yes im planning to get a skirts, wala pa lang ako makitang type ko.

palit spring na rin ako eh, hmnn to lower it more change spring again?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bulcom View Post
    oh im sorry renzo i missed that,

but for the rims, hmmm i think i cant replace that yet, wala pa one year yun eh. for the skirts yes im planning to get a skirts, wala pa lang ako makitang type ko.

palit spring na rin ako eh, hmnn to lower it more change spring again?
    1.6V sideskirts look good.

Yung rims naman, personal preference yan. You like it, some don't. So suggestion lang naman. :-)

Pero definitely you should ditch the tilting plate holder and the CF sticker. Sana kung totoong CF siya diba.

If you already have proper lowering springs and not putol, I don't see any reason on why should you change it. If you find the ride too bumpy, try installing O-sulee spring cushions. I've heard they're effective.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    *bulcom
    My ideal setup for an Altis would be something like this:

- XRS OEM front chin
    - PhDM OEM side skirts
    - Smoked headlamps w/ amber turn signal indicators
    - 18" Gunmetal Grey Volk TE37 SL (mahal nito sobra, so realistically I'd be going for either Rota IKR or Katana RZ5)
    - 1-2" lowering springs

I believe a set-up like that would still look good even in a silver Altis like yours

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    * the chin and sideskirts, safest bet (and hindi nakakasawa) is to go for the simple, OEM look designs. If you do remove the CF sticker, you can still add contrast by having your headlamp modified with black accents.
    Thanks Vinj, and yes your right gusto ko simple lang talaga. Yun naman mga sticker try lang eh kung babagay, pwede naman ipatanggal kung panget.

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    *bulcom
    My ideal setup for an Altis would be something like this:

- XRS OEM front chin
    - PhDM OEM side skirts
    - Smoked headlamps w/ amber turn signal indicators
    - 18" Gunmetal Grey Volk TE37 SL (mahal nito sobra, so realistically I'd be going for either Rota IKR or Katana RZ5)
    - 1-2" lowering springs

I believe a set-up like that would still look good even in a silver Altis like yours
    Wow! like like like! Hehe.

Ganito rin lang gusto ko, yun front chin lang pala di ko type hehe. Sorry if mali tanong ko ha, ano size nun tire nya parang ganyan din lang kanipis gusto ko eh, and Smoked headlamps pano ginagawa yun?

Pasensya na ha dami tanong wala lang kasi talaga ako alam and gusto ko lang din isetup ng konti sasakyan ko.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]