New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 93 of 357 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Haha... trying to decide what's better? Altis is definitely better for me now. After trying the new Civic my sister got, I would cash out for the 2.0CVT any day. Epekto siguro din ng Honda SiR haterrzzz thread. :D

Some minor gripes on the Altis though:
    - no coin holder (to hold loose change for parking)
    - lacks flat spaces to hold my cellphone and stuff, unless i open my cupholder
    - On the analog a/c dials of the E model, if you accidentally open the rear window defogger switch, it's hard to notice that it's on as the indicator light is similar to the a/c panel lighting.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^ is the CLOCK still located inside the gauge cluster instead of somewhere else where everybody could see?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    yes it is...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    looks like both of you guys are going through an impasse...
    Nah, not really. Some cars are just dead awful, but in this case, the best car varies per person. While the facelifted 2.0V is a much better car than the one I drive, if someone gave me money to get a TOTL compact today, I'd still get a Focus TDCi just because I prefer drivers' cars. But I'm sure that somewhere out there, someone's looking for a car that's fast, comfortable, feature-filled, and timeless. I don't see any other 2.0 compact that fits the bill more than the Altis 2.0V.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    - no coin holder (to hold loose change for parking)
    - lacks flat spaces to hold my cellphone and stuff, unless i open my cupholder
    For the coin holder, have you tried using the storage area to the left of the steering wheel, near the hood release lever? That's where I put my loose change. As for the phone storage area, I use the cupholders too, but when I've got it filled with drinks, I put it in the storage located by the side of the center cluster. Kinda hard to reach, but it's deep enough that the phone won't fall under heavy braking or whatever other circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    ^ is the CLOCK still located inside the gauge cluster instead of somewhere else where everybody could see?
    Sadly, yes. There aren't any provisions in the center console for a digital clock :|

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi im having a hard time choosing if i should get a 2012 1.6v or 2.0v altis. Ive already checked both variant and looks are the same, both are with push button start and keyless entry(?) the only difference that i noticed are the engine, autofold sidemirror, auto-wiper, leather seats, power seats, (leather) sterring wheel and headlight.

i just want to know whats the fc of the 2.0 compared to 1.6? my use for it will be 90% city driving. Kasi if di malaki difference ng fc i think il go with the top of the line nalang. im now driving a 2002 altis e and 2002 honda city di naman kami umaalma sa fc nya. pero kung kasing takaw ang 2.0 sa ford escape and mitsubishi fuzion ay mag 1.6v nalang ako.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    We chose the 1.6V because of both FC and the budget. After a year our FC is at 13 kms/li, roughly at 70-80% highway driving.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^From the top of my mind, if you're at city driving most of the time, the 1.6L variant will be more efficient. I don't know though how the efficiency of the engine is with the CVT of the 2.0 so you may want to search on this first before deciding. It should not be as guzzler as the Fuzion and Escape 2.0s definitely.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladera Artspot View Post
    Hi im having a hard time choosing if i should get a 2012 1.6v or 2.0v altis. Ive already checked both variant and looks are the same, both are with push button start and keyless entry(?) the only difference that i noticed are the engine, autofold sidemirror, auto-wiper, leather seats, power seats, (leather) sterring wheel and headlight.

i just want to know whats the fc of the 2.0 compared to 1.6? my use for it will be 90% city driving. Kasi if di malaki difference ng fc i think il go with the top of the line nalang. im now driving a 2002 altis e and 2002 honda city di naman kami umaalma sa fc nya. pero kung kasing takaw ang 2.0 sa ford escape and mitsubishi fuzion ay mag 1.6v nalang ako.
    Power folding side mirrors - Useful if you're in a tight road that you wouldn't be able to traverse if you don't close your side mirrors. Also useful when you're too lazy or tired to close the side mirrors of your car when you park. Looks cool too. In the end though, it's something you can live without.

Rain-sensing Wipers - Interesting feature at first, but after 3 years of ownership, I've gotten tired of this. Sure it's more convenient that you leave it in Auto mode and forget about dealing with your wipers forever, but in practice, minsan hindi tugma yung wiper speed sa level ng rain. I don't mind having this removed, for me OK na yung variable intermittent wipers.

Leather seats - Back then, I was a big fan of leather seats. Siyempre sosyalin diba. But leather seats have their drawbacks too - grabe ang init pag nabilad sa araw, and it starts developing nasty creases as time passes. I still prefer leather seats over fabric ones, pero OK lang talaga kung fabric lang.

Leather steering wheel - More than the steering wheel material, I think yung paddle shifters yung bigger loss. With the slow 4-AT that the 1.6V has, medyo useful talaga yung paddle shifters. Kung hindi ka naman ganun kainteresado sa gears ng kotse mo, ok lang na wala 'to.

Xenon headlamps - VERY USEFUL feature. Yun nga lang, madali lang magpalagay nito sa labas eh. Kahit projector pa, pagawa mo lang kay sir garyq, 20k lang nakaprojector HID headlamps ka na.

90% city driving ba kamo? 1.6V definitely. City FC ng 2.0V CVT is around 8 km/L, habang nasa 9.5 km/L ang 1.6V. Malaking difference na rin yan. Kahit naman sa highway, 122 horsepower should be sufficient for you unless you're really looking for power.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Mga Sir good morning, newbie here.

Just want to ask sana all your help, i mean suggestion lang, owner kasi ako ng Altis 3yrs old na, meron lang ako gusto malaman regarding sa tire and rims ng sasakyan ko. Hindi kasi ako marunong eh pagdating sa sasakyan ang alam ko lang eh sumakay (hehe).

Well here is my question, attached here is the picture of my car, now medyo or di ko alam kung OK na yun tire and rims ko, gusto ko kasi medyo gumanda yun look pero simple lang, and gusto ko palitan yun tire ko kung panget sya o di bagay. Nakalagay kasi ngayon eh 18" rim and 45 series yun Tire, I don't kung yun nga tawag dun i-correct nyo na lang ako, nagsearch kasi ako sa mga 18" rims and ang bagay ata dun eh 40 series tire. Based dito sa Car pic ko tingin nyo ba kelangan kong gawin din 40 series yun tire para mas bagay o OK na?

Paki-examine na lang mga Sir ha and lahat po ng suggestions and comments are welcome. Thank you very much and more power!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ditch the CF sticker, ditch the rims, ditch the plate holder, paint the ductail.

Replace the rims with Work XD9

Add 1.6V sideskirts, drop the car if needed. Then you're good to go.

Toyota Corolla 10th Generation Altis Owners [continued]